Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    The sun came out today yippee. It is suppose to be out tomorrow as well. I will make the most of it since I took the day off to watch the Blue Angels perform.

Sunday and Monday were great exercise days for me in terms of length of activity- 2.5 hours both days. Once I got started I did not want to stop. Today was a rest day, just a 15 minute walk tonight. Tomorrow, I hope to get a bike ride in during the morning but not sure if that will happen. I will be walking into town so that will be something.

Kelley- congrats on passing your examine. Yes, I am very busy with school right now and trying to get grades upgraded. My last day is June 17 so about 16 school days left.

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Senior Health and Fitness Day!

”Old men are fond of giving good advice, to console themselves for being no longer in a position to give bad examples.” ~François La Rochefoucauld

11857432.png

Tom
  • flabflipper314
    flabflipper314 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    kah68 wrote: »
    Good Morning.

Sorry I’ve been MIA for so long, prepping for that software certification exam was time consuming. The test was Friday and I PASSED! :joy: I’m glad that is finally behind me.

Glad to meet you. Congrats on your success with the certification AND with holding your weight through all the stress!
  • flabflipper314
    flabflipper314 Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Morgori wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Senior Health and Fitness Day!

”Old men are fond of giving good advice, to console themselves for being no longer in a position to give bad examples.” ~François La Rochefoucauld

59 more to go sounds like something to celebrate, Tom. Not with ice cream or pizza, though. hehe CONGRATS!
    Tom
  • ibecoolbreezy
    ibecoolbreezy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please Add Me looking for a strong support system.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish that lung performance was improving as fast as the rest of me. My muscles have the energy to work longer, and my heartbeat is ok, but my lungs are just not keeping up their end of the bargain.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Wow, I finally got those research papers all done. I still have some other assignments to finish up, but after those, everything else seems like a breeze. :smile: I will make a new list tomorrow, but just want to enjoy being DONE with what's there now.

@kelley-- congrats on passing your certification!! Glad all your hard work paid off.

@laurie-- Good luck to you as you finish up the school year. We are in the home stretch; just 3 more days of class and then 3 days of final exams. Next Friday is our last day. Phew!

@badnoodle-- I think that's pretty common. I know when I started running, it took a long time for me to learn to regulate my breathing. Even now, after several years of running, unless I'm doing a really slow pace, my lungs give out before my legs. It does get better though-- just keep at it. :smile:

@niki-- I didn't get a chance to read the articles you shared, but as soon as I finish the rest of this grading, I plan to go back and take a look.

@celtik-- Glad your weather cleared. I don't remember where you are, but I think perhaps we got your rain. Some nasty storms here in Chicago today.

Hello to all of the newlings!!

AFM-- I had a dinner last night and tomorrow is a baby shower right after work. Today I mowed the lawn before the storms rolled in, but haven't been back to the gym or even on a run in a couple of weeks now. Fortunately, I've at least been better with my nutrition.

Grading Goals:
    1. 59/59 Junior Research Papers DONE
    2. 10/10 Final exam speeches DONE

Fitness Goals for the month of May:
    Visit gym minimum of 8 times 2/8 HA!
    Run at least 25 miles DOUBLE HA!

You vs Year Challenge:
    148 k done/ 852 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym
    Sat-- walk gunner
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Two days in a row with no rain, with the possibilty of a third today - Now if it will just hold through the weekend I will be thrilled. We have lawn seats at Wolf Trap Saturday night to see A Prairie Home Companion and I would like to enjoy my wine and cheese without getting wet.

I am soooo close to breaking the 220 mark on the scale at home - I hope that means 4 or 5 pounds gone over the last three weeks when I check in at the doc's office tomorrow. Weeds and water for me the rest of today!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Celtikgirl and Skinnyjeanzbound .. We had a nice dry week up until this morning. When I took the trash to the curb this morning there were big slow raindrops making a mosaic pattern on the driveway and path.. Supposed to be a wet Memorial Day Weekend here ... I should have cut the grass yesterday instead of weed wacking the landscaping cause I might not be able to cut it today afterall.

• Morgori
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy World Redhead Day: Celebrating redheads & highlighting ‘ginger’ discrimination!

”He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.” ~Chinese Proverb

11857432.png

Tom
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The ginger gene missed me - but it got my dad, my sister and my daughter! I love my gingers!
  • MichelleHudler
    MichelleHudler Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I am fairly new to MFP (April 25 2016). I Started at 250lbs. and have currently dropped to 232lbs. I was lower but it seems that over the past week, although my eating and activities have not changed, I am gaining again. So in the spirit of Thursday Truth Day I will fess up to wanting to quit. I pay A LOT of money to a trainer 3X weekly at gym and workout like crazy at home. My calories have naturally fallen to 1000-1200 daily. I gained three pounds yesterday. I confess to being impatient. I don't expect to lose as quickly as I had the whole time but to gain???? And yes I weigh and log all food.

I am in need of not only motivation but a course correction. Any thoughts?
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hello All! I am fairly new to MFP (April 25 2016). I Started at 250lbs. and have currently dropped to 232lbs. I was lower but it seems that over the past week, although my eating and activities have not changed, I am gaining again. So in the spirit of Thursday Truth Day I will fess up to wanting to quit. I pay A LOT of money to a trainer 3X weekly at gym and workout like crazy at home. My calories have naturally fallen to 1000-1200 daily. I gained three pounds yesterday. I confess to being impatient. I don't expect to lose as quickly as I had the whole time but to gain???? And yes I weigh and log all food.

I am in need of not only motivation but a course correction. Any thoughts?

A 3-pound gain in one day could just be water weight—weight fluctuates (especially for women and day-to-day, hour-to-hour). Do you have sore muscles at all? If so, your muscles could be retaining water—that causes weight gain and you’ll lose that fairly quickly. Remember, too, that the scale isn’t the only measurement of success—take body measurements, too, to see how your body is changing. Muscle is denser but weighs more than fat. Are your clothes fitting differently? Lastly, if you are working out very much your calories could be set too low—especially if you are burning a ton of calories during cardio. Make sure that you have your MFP calories set for how hard you’re working out and that you’re taking in enough protein as fuel both pre and post workout. Make sure you are drinking enough water too. Don’t give up; this process has a lot of hills and valleys.
  • MichelleHudler
    MichelleHudler Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am sore. Going from very little movement to daily workouts and training sessions 3x weekly I tend to be sore in different places from day to day. I feel like the idea of uping my calories from 1000-1200 to 1400-1500 is setting me up to fail. I do take measurements and while my clothes are SLIGHTLY more roomy I am not seeing a decrease in measurements. I have been looking at many of the posts on MFP. Half say to go slow and be patient. The other half are success stories of people losing 100 lbs in 6 months. LOL I just wish it would come off as easily as it went on :)
  • AlyssaAnne03
    AlyssaAnne03 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    jotremba1 wrote: »
    Been using the MFP on and off for a few years. Lost 25# last time I actively used it, and felt great! Only had another 50 to go for my goal weight...
    But I'm up 40# from that last weigh in around a year ago. I'm 10# shy of my fully 9-mo-pregnant weight of my 2nd (and heaviest) pregnancy, and would love any motivation you can throw at me. My kids are 10 and 7 now, and in as many sports as they can handle. Making me the chauffeur and #1 fan in the bleachers. Great for their confidence, not so great for my weight. Any tips that I can fit into our hectic schedules?
    Thanks!

100% diet!
    I'm a busy mom! Add me!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I am sore. Going from very little movement to daily workouts and training sessions 3x weekly I tend to be sore in different places from day to day. I feel like the idea of uping my calories from 1000-1200 to 1400-1500 is setting me up to fail. I do take measurements and while my clothes are SLIGHTLY more roomy I am not seeing a decrease in measurements. I have been looking at many of the posts on MFP. Half say to go slow and be patient. The other half are success stories of people losing 100 lbs in 6 months. LOL I just wish it would come off as easily as it went on :)

We all wish it would come off as quickly as it came on, unfortunately it just doesn't work that way. :confounded: Trust me, slow and steady wins this race. Everyone loses weight at different rates. Its a hard concept to understand sometimes but you need to eat to lose weight--not just eat, but eat the right types of food to fuel your body. Trust me, upping your calories will pay off in the end--but you need to give your body time to adjust, maybe a few weeks. Some food for thought--for optimum health and organ function our bodies need a minimum of 1200 calories a day just to function. So you don't want to eat any less than that unless under doctor's supervision. So aim for 1500 calories and make a promise to yourself to try it for two weeks--don't change anything else, same exercise. The results may surprise you. You are making great progress so stick to your guns. You're doing great!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@michelle-- welcome to the thread! :smile: I agree with what kelley (kah68) said about water retention and muscle soreness. Your weight will fluctuate from day to day. When I first started here, though I weighed myself every day, I only recorded my weight when it dropped below my previous check-in here on MFP. I learned very quickly that although it might go up and down, the over all trend over time was still down. Also, I started at 247 and it wasn't until I lost about 30 lbs that it started to show in my clothes and measurements. Of course, that varies person to person depending on body fat %, height, etc., but it WILL start to show. Patience, Grasshopper. :wink:

Thursday Truth:
    I had a not-so-great food day b/c I went to my friend's baby shower and snacked a bit too much. Tomorrow will be better. My plan is to go to the gym, but if the weather is nice, I will probably mow the lawn and do some more weeding instead. Niki-- I beat the rain and got the back yard done yesterday-- it was a jungle!-- but the front lawn could already use another mowing (I mowed it on Sunday).

The grading is coming along-- I plan to finish the essays and speeches tomorrow, then tackle the revision over the weekend. So far only 6 students have turned in research paper revision, but that number could go up; they have until Tuesday to complete them.

Grading Goals:
    1. 19/21 Senior final essays
    2. 8/11 SOS speeches
    3. x/6 JRP revisions

Fitness Goals for the month of May:
    Visit gym minimum of 8 times 2/8 HA!
    Run at least 25 miles DOUBLE HA!

You vs Year Challenge:
    148 k done/ 852 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE + weeded for about 30 minutes
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym
    Sat-- walk gunner
  • AlyssaAnne03
    AlyssaAnne03 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to mfp. this is my third day. Hoping I can stay dedicated. I need to lose 100+ lbs. I am at 278 now. lost 7 lbs last three days. I can't even imagine how wonderful it would be to be thin and more active. I presently work full time 12 hour shifts in a complex care ward. so it isn't that I don't do anything. I just want to able to get on a bike and ride on a journey. or hike a good day. maybe kayak. I am telling myself I am 52 if I don't lose it now when will I?

So awesome!!! You got this!

• Morgori
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Don't Fry Day!

”Chronic disease is a foodborne illness. We ate our way into this mess, and we must eat our way out.” ~Mark Hyman

11857432.png

Tom