Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Got lots of walking in at the mall! Hooray! 105 minutes.
    Also there was no music! :drinker: I have been complaining about the music for years, writing to management and speaking to the info desk, so today I went to the info desk to tell them to pass on the message of how nice it was with no music. She said it had been stopped because they had had a lot of complaints. Amazing! I really hope it's true and not just a blip. There is a new CEO in charge. :*
    I bought some new jogging bottoms and an exercise t shirt for the cruise. If I'm going to be walking around the ship I want to look respectable. DH has also bought new stuff. :D They have a gym, but with only 4 machines. :'( I'm going to do yoga and take light weights and my bands. We have a big cabin, so we can exercise in there.

Bought a picnic for the train tomorrow as we are going an hour later than usual. Lots of crudités to chew on. :) DGS is at school and DGD wakes up from her nap at 2pm. We will have 3-4 hrs with them for nearly 6 hours travelling, but it is sooooooo worth it before they, then we, go on holiday. They are off to Portugal on Saturday. Not sure I would want to take the three children on a plane. :noway: So much packing! My DDIL 's parents will be sharing a villa with them and are paying for the accommodation. Plus her sister's family are in the next villa. It will be lovely once they get there. :laugh:

Also bought more nibbles for Friday when my brother and sister in law come over. All I'm going to make is some hummus, because mine is much nicer than the shop's, and a spicy butternut squash and tomato soup. Otherwise it's all pre made by the shop. I've made and frozen my delicious NO KNEAD bread. I bought some runny, stinky cheese. :D:D<3

Enjoying my Calm app. :D

Love Heather UK

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,074 Member
    Options
    Rori prayers for your brother.

Heather loved the wedding photos

:heart: Margaret
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • melindabloom1965
    melindabloom1965 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Have any of you ever gotten a personal call from a doctor on Saturday night? Well, I just did.

My PCP referred me for a colonoscopy. I started having them 20 years ago when my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer. My maternal grandfather died from the disease. My father survived his and is still kicking at 87. My last one in 2011, this doctor told me I could wait 10 years, but my PCP said the report said 5 and strongly recommended we stick to the 5-year plan based on my family history. All this confusion was why the gastroenterologist was calling me tonight. He asked me if I was still teaching, said he liked my plan to go to exercise class every day instead, wanted to know how old my folks were when their cancer was diagnosed. He said it was certainly not unreasonable to stick to the 5-year plan. He said his PA would call me on Monday to schedule it. I've always loved this doctor, and I like him even better now. But bless him, he needs to take Saturday night off.

I do mine for the first time on 6/24/16. I do not have any history in my family,only breast cancer. Hoping for it to be painless.lol All the best to you! Blessings
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

happyyyy birthdayyyyy to meeeee, happyyyy birthdayyyyy toooo meeeee, this is what 57 looookkksss liiikkkkeeeee,,,, happppyyyy birthdayyyyy tooo meeeeee!!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Rori~ So sorry to hear of your brothers close call, but hopefully a wake up call. ((((hugs))))
    We were stationed at Alameda once. Nice place.

Today, is laundry day, but no TOPS meeting, due to our rented room being painted. So more days to get myself on track! Yesterday was a good day, as today shall be. I ate what I wrote, but was a wee bit hungry. Just my belly reminding itself that measuring my food is needed. I whined a bit to no one in particularly. I also walked until I was winded, and came back to the apartment, tired but happy. My dinner turned into kind of a science project, with a medical kind of taste. All I know is that when you put smoked portabella pasta with chicken stock, fresh spinach, and a fillet of tilapia, STRANGE things occur. Individually they were all great, but the spinach was slimy, and the broth took on a medicinal flavor. I had to brush my teeth before I drank my coffee to get the taste out of my mouth. My husband laughed at that one. Him:"Wait, coffee will get rid of the taste, what ARE you doing?" Me: "I HAVE to brush my teeth to APPRECIATE my coffee!"

Strange I weighed yesterday and was 234.4 and this morning 231.2. Body weight is definitely not linear. It has an ebb and flow to it, like our heartbeats. I am beginning to learn this dance my body goes on. I know some of you weigh once a week, but for me, I have to weigh every morning. It's just a tool, I know, but for me it helps me pay attention.

Have a great day all!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    Options
    drkatiebug- my sis had colon cancer and I had to do the colonoscopy because of it. she is cancer free now. I think of that as a cleansing, clean me out kinda thing. the last time, I had them give me less drugs so I could be awake for part of it so I could see the camera, it was very cool.

one of my bro's texted me this morning saying, better late than never, hope you had a great birthday. I texted back, you're not late, it's today and thanks. my other brother's bday (and his wife) is on may 24 and family always gets us mixed up. wouldn't u think after 57 years they would get it right? mom even messes up. ughhhhh

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morning peeps -

happyyyy birthdayyyyy to meeeee, happyyyy birthdayyyyy toooo meeeee, this is what 57 looookkksss liiikkkkeeeee,,,, happppyyyy birthdayyyyy tooo meeeeee!!

Many many repeats of the above. This is what 9 1/2 years older than you looks like :). Have a great day, awesome Pip.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Pip - :drinker: :flowerforyou: <3B)

Heather UK
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    This afternoon we have to take Jack to the orthopedic surgeon for a nerve block injection behind his left knee. He had to have his left knee replaced twice within a two year period. There was permanent nerve damage done during the first replacement surgery. He now has numbness, tingling pain and stabbing pains down his leg into his foot. Hopefully this injection will help, if not the doctor said they will need to do more surgery to try to correct the nerve damage. Jack says no thanks to more surgery, so hopefully today's injection will help.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janet OKC: The last time I contacted Sylvia she said that the group was a bit overwhelming and she can't keep up. That was about a month ago. I think she may have posted here once or twice after that. :flowerforyou:

Irish Terri & Karen: What is JFT? :huh:

Rori: Thinking of you & your brother. I hope things are going okay. (((HUGS)))

Becca: I weighed every morning for a long time. You are doing what is right for you. I agree with your observation that weight loss is not linear. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Happy Birthday, you sweet young thing! :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Yoga today! Yay! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a good teacher in place.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Another rainy morning. Sounds like going to get hot and more storms this evenng, I am working my short shift 7-3 today and have class 8-12 tomorrow. Trying to stay busy and not think to much.

Becca--Thanks for the wise words. Gives me lots to think about.

Joyce--Sending hugs for you and DH. Pray that things go well and get better.

Rori--Sending prayers and hugs for you and DB.

Janetr--Sending hugs and prayers for you and DGS. It is not easy when what we want to do is make everything right for them.

Pip--Happy birthday, hope your day is as speical as you are. My dad would always call me the day after my birthday and sing Happy Birthday to me, he just could get it that it was March 2, not the 3rd. I do miss getting that call.

Katla--I miss Sylvia and understand how she feels. Tell her Hi from me also.

Have a great day ladies. Blessings, Vicki Grand Island-NE
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Pip!

f8jzwdwyxv5a.jpg
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear PIP :smiley: Happy Birthday to you. And many many more!!!!!!

<3 Rosie in So Cal
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    red-nose-smiley.png
    Red Nose Day tomorrow! I bought 10 red noses to share.
    Pip Happy, happy birthday!
    Joyce I am thinking of you & Charlie.
    Katla JFT is Just For Today, an MFP thread. Check it out!

Love, Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    278762si2mt96ru6.gif

For Pip , love Heather UK
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Pip, HAPPY BIRTHDAY you! You 57? naaaa I don't believe it! You are our token "ever-ready bunny" that keeps going and going! You make us imagine more than we are, make us believe more than what we can be. Truly our inspiration. I can not imagine this thread without you. Keep doing what you do best! Love ya!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yoga today was different. I liked the new teacher but couldn't do all of the moves as well as I would have liked. Hugs to everyone. (((hugs)))