WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2016

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Becca - Willowy becca!!! DH can be "left alone" for the few minutes it takes to keep to your logging.... Your son in CA would not be at Camp Parks would he?

Kim

aw, I know...I know... :-) I did leave him this morning, saw my sons counselor, got gas for the car, mailed a box to middle son and did some grocery shopping. All in 45 minutes mind you. AND I didn't speed, I went 45 mph like all the resident coasties! Nope my eldest son is Navy not Army, so he is at Naval Air Base Fallon, in Nevada actually just until he deploys. My middle son's squadron is stationed at Naval Base Lamoore in California though. As is his wife, which I thought was quite accommodating for the Navy to do! Doesn't always work out that way, when both are in the Navy.
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Katla~My mother had a sourdough starter on the counter for a long time. I think my sisters and I gained a bit of weight during the "sourdough years", my mother saying she was just going to open the door and we would roll down to the bus stop. Of course, most of the times we had to run to the bus stop anyway, with 4 females and one bathroom in the mornings.

My mother also had some sort of container with "drunk fruit" in it. My mother would add to that, then ladle that over ice cream. I remember is was "shhhhh Moms into the drunken fruit again".

Willowy Becca is gonna log her granola now!
    Becca
    getting busy in
    Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Back from hubbie's colonoscopy. We were not surprised at all when doctor came out and said that his ulcerative colitis is not controlled at all. We were surprised with his next tid bit of news. He has two masses, they were biopsied and will be available in 2 weeks. But he said his only option right now is to have his entire colon removed. So that office will call us this afternoon with an appointment. I am still in shell shock mode. The gastro guy was like it's going to be a bed of roses after the surgery. Ulcerative colitis cured, no chance of bad side affects from Remicade which are skin cancer and lymphoma. He said iliostomy bag would need to be emptied twice a day. UMMM, that's not what I remember. I remember very loos stool in that bag and needing to be emptied pretty frequently. I am going to have to do some research on what it is these day vs the early 80's when I worked the surgical unit. I remember the rectum being taken out and stitched shut which for some was the worst pain. I also remember the tube down the nose to the stomach for several days.

I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for me. But right now I can't even think about me.

I love sourdough bread but have never made it.

Joyce, Indiana
  • 77billie77
    77billie77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    REDEDICATING MYSELF 2 MY RETURN 2 MY LIFE LONG PATH 2 A BETTER ME ... IN SEARCH OF FRIENDS HERE ON MFP...
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you and Charlie, Joyce. Major (((((hugs))))) and positive thoughts coming your way.
    /Penny
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    Joyce - Big, big (((((HUGS))))) for the both of you. <3<3<3<3

Heather UK
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Joyce and Charlie)))

DH is sad that tonight is the last Castle.

Walked the Pom this AM and met up with a man who regularly walks his large white dog down our side road. Like an idiot, I let the Pom off the leash thinking he might just do the dog smelling dog thing. No Way! He attacked the big dog and the big dog attacked back. He grabbed the Pom by the neck and would have killed him if the man had not kicked him off. Boy, did I learn a lesson!

I have realized from blood work results that all my wine drinking has to stop. Please say a prayer for me that I will succeed.

Carol
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. I am starting anew (again lol). But I dodged the bullet with a decent A1C despite steroids and immobility, so I just need to get back on track.

Thanks for the kind words about DD#1! I guess I will wait it out to see if she contacts us about father's day. Last weekend they left a couple of toys which we returned and left in their door since they weren't home. We texted to tell them that, and no response. I finally texted the bf just to make sure they got them and he said thank you but nothing from her. The baby is walking but at 18 months does not talk or babble.

It's a rainy day here and we have accreditation site visitors for the college. So I have been running back and forth to different meetings all day and this goes on for the next 3 days.

Well I must run...yes to another meeting. Take care, Meg from rainy Omaha
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Joyce and Charlie, (((hugs)))
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    happy Monday:
    Carol: Would be in heaven if my scale said 167 - that is great! One day at a time on the drinking, prayers- you can do it.
    Chris: Please send me a BF clone asap, include the Porsche. Kudos for getting rid of BAGS of clothes. wow
    Jamie in Indiana: pictures of your projects, beds and coop?? Please? working on same things here
    Annie: swimming, be a mermaid is best for your knees. Don't worry about no one commenting on your loss. Believe me, they are noticing, just don't want to put the foot in mouth if say and offend you.
    ljdw99: tried that simulator and it's pretty close. what a difference in the facial outline, would actually have a jawline with goal weight according to it.
    sisslayne: 50 pounds, great job!
    klanders: hope things worked out somehow with your colleague.
    DJ: thank you for your words of encouragement and CONGRATS and a aic of 5!! that is wonderful! Last month, or the month before, my brain went left and I got worse and worse. gained back over 15 lbs and boy do I feel it. those talking about how the pants fit are so right. have started thinking ahead & logging & staying away from sugar. Telling myself to take care of myself first. You too!

My middle son is graduating next sunday (astrophysics, so proud he kept at it) and my mother is coming down and staying overnight. We currently have two rooms w/beds she could use but she wants to use a rollaway in my office (she stayed there last time when the rooms were rented out). My office is the smallest (it's a walled off dining room) and is full of bags/papers and stuff so here we go.

Linda in Calif
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you Joyce and Charlie.

It is so strange to be cleaning out my office while I am still working. I will be here this week and a couple of days next week and that will be the end for me. I have had this business for 19 1/2 years, this marks an end to one of the chapters of my life. The new chapter is being written and so far it seems pretty good.

Car is fixed, the mechanic had to be quite a detective to figure this out. Apparently when I had AAA put in a new battery last winter they put it in incorrectly. As a result the prop bar (the bar that holds the hood up) was leaning on the positive terminal and causing the electrical system to go haywire. BF said there was no hurry to return the Porche so I'll keep it for at least another day until I figure out how to get both cars home. Jake the rescue dog can't reach the pedals.

Chris in MA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Joyce - remembering you and your husband in prayer. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Joyce - Sending extra strength to you for when your husband needs to lean on you. Ulcerative colitis is a bear.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Linda in CA....an astrophysicist, WOW! You must be a proud mama. I can't even spell it. I'll see about cloning BF. I keep wondering what is fatal flaw is and when it will reveal itself. We know all men have at least one.

Chris in MA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,686 Member
    Options
    jmkmom so sorry to hear - I've had a couple of friends had their colons removed and using a bag. they are so much happier now.. take care.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Got my cruise tickets and pick up time today. They come and pick you up in a shared car. I've got to decide whether to tell them I'm taking an extra suitcase. They don't mind, but you have to tell them so they can order the right size car. I think I will, then I won't have to cram casual clothes, formal clothes and Arctic clothes all into one. You are also allowed a small bag.

I did an on line supermarket order today. Coming Wednesday. It includes 12 bottles of our favourite pastis. We are taking a bottle each on the ship. I asked them and they said it was fine as long as we kept it in the cabin. :D Wine is free with meals.
    We will have free WiFi in the Library most of the time.

I'm going to have my blood pressure taken on Wednesday. I've been taking beetroot capsules for a while now and I want to see if they've made any difference before I order a new packet. No use wasting money, but I thought I would give it a try. Of course, I'm hoping for a miracle. :laugh:

Love Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    today has been a day.....
    Joyce~ I am sending you and Charlie all my love and encouragment... xoxoxo
    Mary told me at the end of the day a mutual friend of ours hung himself yesterday.. it was his eldest daughter's college graduation and he didn't go, his wife served him with divorce papers a month ago, and his mom passed about 3 weeks ago.. he left 4 children, 3 girls and a boy... the children found him.. I feel like someone just took the wind right out of me...
    then DSIL tells me they brought the dog home.. West Highland White terrier... a year and a half old, but I dont think they thought about it to hard, as ol Allie will be taking care of momma for 5 days , working and I gues taking care of a puppy too. I am kinda peeved.. at least they should have thought about this before bringing the dog home...
    im gonna get in my jammies and just chill..