WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2016

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Joyce sending strength your way. I can't imagine how tough this is.

I am keeping my head down at work. Don't know what will happen to my colleague but I have cut off all communication about her actions (which I can't share) and focus on my work. Our personal friendship outside of work is over in my mind and I will have to let her know this at a later time. I still have to have a working relationship so I am treading very carefully.

Back on track with food intake

Karen from NY

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    <3Joyce and Charlie
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Lawks-a-mercy! 1 am and 8-9 hares prancing on the meadow below!
    /Penny
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the news you received today Joyce. Prayers and healing thoughts for you and your husband.

Cheri
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Joyce my thoughts are with you and DH.

Rough day but came home ate a good dinner and did a kettle bell workout since I could not get to the gym. Not as good as gym but at least I did not slack off. Gym for sure tomorrow.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your hugs. He doesn't want many people to know but I feel since this is cyber land, all of Evansville and his Karaoke buddies will not know. He was like this when he had his heart attack. I think being an RN has it's disadvantages. Especially when I was a surgical RN in the 70's. I was glad to hear Pip say that she knew some one who has done well. As we were going out tonight, Charlie picked up his 'satchel' which the freebie bag that AARP gave us on joining. He keeps a spare diaper, a zip lock bag and wipes in it. He was saying that he won't have to have it after surgery. But I was thinking that he may need to keep a spare iliostomy bag for when he springs a leak while we are out.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Joyce~ Sending you calm moments, (((((((((hugs))))).
  • auroranae
    auroranae Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello. I will be turning 52 on the 18th. Last time I did this I lost 47 pounds. I've since gained it back. Want to do it for good this time. Would love have some friends. I know it makes the journey easier and a lot more fun.

Hello! To you and SissLayne. My youngest daughter will be 19 on the 18th and she has a 1 month old baby. She was complaining that she has a bit of a tummy still... LOL!

SissyLayne- so very motivated by your weightloss... I turned 50 in January and have losing and gaining the same 10 pounds since... forever ... and have been feeling like I am destined to be 70 pounds too fluffy for ever but you give me hope that I can make this work... Thanks!

D- in bright and sunny and almost sorta warm Maryland the 20days of rain took a break and will return tomorrow:(
    Aka Dawn or Auroranae or BusyMom... whichever
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sshhh! I have a secret. My blue jeans waistband is definitily much looser. (Don't want the pounds to know they have gone AWOL.) :*

Charleen in Colorado (Still rainy and cold)
  • auroranae
    Options
    I typed a post but got so excited about the score on the lacrosse game from yesterday that I dvrd and am watching while catching up on posts that I think I deleted the post... buy Navy won so it's all good!

Welcome to all the newbies!I don't remember all the names but I am new here too and getting to know the core group and love the way they have all been so welcoming and discuss their daily lives and stresses and how they cope with everything without resulting in bad eating choices... and that when they do succumb they are frank and just move past it and get back on track. It helps me to feel like even though life gets in the way I can do this!

It was a busy weekend... I spent all morning Saturday cutting back a huge fairy rose bush that snakes seem to like... since it is next to the front porch and we found a snake under the rocking chair cushion I decided it had to go... then I had to move the peonies from my grandfathers yard- they are over 80years old - to a better place in the front garden and then ran to the store to get some citronella plants and hanging planters and tiki oil and then back home to get everything in before the storms came in. I barely finished before the wind and rain started but I did it. Then I realized that yet again I had forgotten to eat all day and it was dinner time!

Sunday nights I work so I try to not over do it on food since I go to bed at 5 pm to be up for work by 9pm so... another day of not enough food. The struggle is real ladies and I think that is why my weight loss is so sporadic.

Slept for several hours this morning when I got home and tried to eat lunch and my eyes were bigger than my stomach...dinner was late and very healthy but now I am hungry and using my time on the computer to keep me from raiding the fridge.

Time to refill my water bottle and settle in to watch some more college lacrosse before bed.

Someone asked about my name... Dawn is my name but Aurora means dawn so I use it. My middle name is Ranae, thus I am Auroranae- Dawn Ranae. My sister is named Starr so you can imagine the weird comments we got about hippie parents when we were younger. Funny thing is that I have a friend named Starr who has a sister named Dawn and we all have kids with similar names and even some of our kids have the very same birthdays. Talk about coincidence.

I am going to stay off the scale and just take my measurements every 2 weeks for a bit to see if that helps me to be less frustrated as I know I am changing my body shape even if the scale does not show it like I think it should.

Hope all have a wonderful week. I am working on my May goal to be more active and after the busy weekend I think I am doing better to that end.

D- in very chilly but cloudless and not raining Maryland!

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Carleen - doing happy dance (very quietly ) for you. Way to go.

Janetr okc
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs to Joyce and Charlie.

Good luck, Peach Carol on giving up the wine. I have a friend who loved her nightly wine. She and her DH decided that their wine drinking was interfering with their spiritual growth, so they gave it up as a couple. She starting dropping weight like crazy, just from giving up her wine.

My knee is bugging me today. I did my upper body workout this morning, but did not do the 3-mile walk. A couple of pounds have crept back from my reduced activity or from the medication or maybe I've been eating a little more comfort food. Either way, I've got to get back in my routine.
  • auroranae
    Options
    This is a picture of all my children. They surprised me with this photo for Christmas 2014 and it is my very favorite one of all the kids... and the only one since the little ones were in elementary school. They are 33, 29,25,18,17 and 16 in this pic.
    xfkiuusdrwut.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.37min, 16.6amph, 149mhr, 2.9mi = 116c
    SPIN- 40min, 84ar, 79aw, 9-13g, 144mhr, 16.7mi = 291c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.57min, 14.3amph, 143mhr, 1.4mi = 72c
    ride dome 2 hm- 15.53min, 9.6amph, 155mhr, 2.5mi =172c
    total cal 651
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Margaret, the lilacs are beautiful!

Joyce, good job on handling the social media mess.

Katla, sounds like all good news. That’s nice. I know you are anxious to go see your DD.

Kay, good that you bowed out when you did on the discussion board. Sometimes ya just can’t win and all that would happen is you’d end up getting upset. I mean, you know we don’t care if you want to keep tables that are out of style. toothy-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Anne, you aren’t alone is not liking yard work. I love a beautiful yard and pretty flowers but working out there is just not my thing. My mother used to love working in the yard and could do it for hours.

Joyce, you are such an angel and it seems the stuff in your life just never ends. I hope all goes well tomorrow. ((Hugs))

Janetr, way to go on the treadmill. Don’t ya love it when your work pays off? treadmill-fall-smiley-emoticon.gif

MicheleNC, I know you will be so excited when you can drive again and get back to all the things you do.

Heather, your yard sounds beautiful. You will have to share a picture with us at some point.

Penny, your holiday home sounds so peaceful. Glad ya’ll get to enjoy it.

Allie, so you are caring for Faith again? I wasn’t sure how Jean was going to handle that. Like I often say, you are an angel. angel-in-clouds-blowing-a-kiss.gif And you are right that the last thing you need is a dog!

Karen, I hope your voice returns.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I had a Moose meeting tonight and it was a long one. This was the first “business” meeting of our new year so there was lots to discuss. I have read all but one page here and wanted to catch up but I am just too tired. I’m off to bed but wishing you all what ever you are wishing for and I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif]
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Did about 18 minutes of a Pilates Buns and Thighs DVD, held my plank for 2 min 50 sec, took the extremepump class. I only got to take the extremepump class for 50 minutes today. It just irks me that down here the classes don't start on time. It's supposed to start at 9, I don't think it ever has. Usually, when I'm driving, I can at least stay a bit later and stretch. But I can't ask Vince to stay late for me. So I wind up missing the stretching part. The plan for tomorrow is to do a "You Can Do Anything for a Minute DVD"

Kim - I would probably be just smoothing on the frosting. I'm really not that talented to do the flowers and stuff. So if the frosting has a hint of yellow in it, that, to me, isn't a big deal. I'm not at all crazy about the butter flavored shortening. The regular flavored is yukky enough for me. That's why I would prefer to use real butter, at least it'll be a real flavor -- not something made in a lab.

Alison - sad to say, but what's going to happen to the dog when Faith is no longer here? My deepest condolences on your friend. Prayers for his family

Got all my exercise gear ready and packed, just charging my iPod right now. It should be charged by the time we get home from bowling, so I'm thinking that I can probably put that bag in my suitcase. Vince wants me to take as few bags as possible because whenever we go to see Jess, I usually have my exercise bag, my clothing bag (with toiletries), my craft bag, my laptop, my bag of food, my bag of food for the return trip, and my water bottles (usually about 5) and my 34oz cup. This time I'll take a suitcase with my clothing for the days before and during the wedding and put my exercise bag in there. I don't think I'll have room for my bag of food. Not sure if I can post from my tablet so I take my laptop. Actually, I found out that I can post to my homepage from my tablet. Not quite sure how to post to the club but for while we're gone, at least I know I can post to the homepage. So I guess I won't take my laptop and see if I need it so I know to or not to take it in the future.

I've prelogged the cereal that I'm taking. This way, I won't lose my "days logged in". To me, this is a bit silly, you can just prelog one item and MFP considers you having logged in for that day. What if you don't log in?

Terri - I always want to have a light supper, but I never seem to be able to. Probably because Vince wants a large supper so I have one just to be with him. I really need to do that. Here I go again saying it, and doubt it'll get done.

Becca - I remember making the fruit a while ago. I rembemer you'd put it in a jar, let it ferment, and then divide it. I don't remember what happened to it....I probably ate it all.

Joyce - oh no, Charlie has to have his ENTIRE colon removed. (((HUG)))

Linda - congrats to your son. You must be so very proud

I'm hardboiling some eggs to take with me. Thank god for the pressure cooker!!!!

Anne - good for you working out

Charleen - <dancing all around the house for you>

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options

:) I got an email from Mary from Minnesota (fancy) today. Here is what she wrote.

Thanks for writing and sending personal cards to me. I have been getting better daily. Although, I still do go up and down with my energy level. I am beginning to be able to sleep better than before which is still getting up 3 to 5 times a night. But, I am not staying up all night long like before. I am able to go back to sleep. That is a big plus!

I have cut down the amount of weight lifting I am doing. I lift Monday Wednesday and Friday now. I do the kettle bell Tuesday Thursday Saturday and Sunday is now my day off. I never used to take a day off. I am walking my puppy and I try to get 5 miles in almost every day. The exercise may be all that I am able to do during the day but, my DH is OK with that. I couldn't ask for a more loving and understanding husband. I definitely can see that the medicine is working as well is the good thoughts and prayers from others.

My DH has become a grandfather of identical twin girls! Due to his daughters strange behavior and that of his ex we have not been able to physically go and see them. We were at least sent pictures That we could look at. Victoria weighed 3 lbs. 7 oz. and Haylee weighed 3 lbs. 6 oz. they are red in color because of being premature. Feel free to share with all our friends!

I really miss everyone! I am looking forward to August 19 and a clean bill of health so that I can get back to enjoying everybody on the 50+ thread. Please say hi to everyone for me!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michelle in NC – Yep, had a seizure last Thursday after the wreak the Tuesday, the week before. Six month driving restriction. Went to hospital via ambulance … nobody was with me - DH met me there. DH came by the make sure I was ‘ok’; but, this is not the first seizure he has seen or been told occurred. When they got finished … he took me to the work site and I sat in the truck and waited. DBnL came over to check how I was doing. Fine, until we had a stressful weekend. But, I lived through it; and today called my GP and talked to his nurse who thought I needed to be seen ASAP; so I got neighbor to drive me into town. Basically had been having head aches since then when DBF's GS, they started wit a 'vengeance'. Saw PA, who got the records pulled up at the hospital and said, ‘she did not show where they had done a CT Scan; after the wreck they did one … but the seizure activity did not occur until afterwards, so she made an appointment for tomorrow at 1:00pm. Sooooooo, DH is dropping me off at BF’s and she will come home at lunch and take me there, even ‘if’ I have to wait for a little while. She had called me earlier and I was telling her what the PA had said. Probably made worse by accident; but could have also been brought on by the stress the week before. Either way, she thinks that a CT scan should have been done. Even if I did hit my head … which I must have to be the way I was, it might not have shown up on the first one; but, a week later, having a seizure when I have not had one in 3 years … needed to be checked in. So, I go tomorrow. DH to leave me at BF’s house, she to come get me, have a light lunch and take me, depending on the time, might come back and get me and take me home. Trying to get into Neurologist’s office (who did not call me back after leaving a message that I had called about seizure). I’m NOT happy with the Neurologist as it is. He is just plain ‘weird’. When I went to him this past March and he came in – only 2nd time I had seen him in a year. He walked in, stood in front of me and asked ‘have you had any seizures’? “No” ‘OK, I’ve sent in an Rx and come back in a year (unless you have another one). WELL … WTF? I had one … and can’t get a return call. The PA is trying to get me in to see him ASAP; she told me ‘also to call and try to get in’. So afterwards, I walked next door and bought an everything bagel w/cream cheese and a Vanilla Skinny Latter and that was my supper. Came home and ate the last ½ of DH’s salad. Drink more water. Sat a little bit, had another glass of water, DH made coffee and I had my protein bar. Earlier today had ½ cup of blueberries and handful of fresh blueberries from of our yard that I had picked yesterday. I’ve taken my night meds and I am sleepy. Basically slept through The Voice; but, did hear the singers. Dosed in and out. So many good semi-finalists … hard to pick the final 4. I see another muscle relaxant and migraine relaxant headache coming on that will mean headache medications and going to bed now.

Auroranne – Nice pixs of your grandkids. I know you are proud of them.

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DJ - wrote "Janetr, way to go on the treadmill. Don’t ya love it when your work pays off?"

Yes, thank you, its very thrilling to know that the work pays off and that my body thanks me for taking better care of it :)

Janetr OKC
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    SSC1958 wrote: »
    Hello Friends,

I've missed you. I haven't been posting for quite a while. It's not that I haven't been thinking about all of you, just that I've gone back to work full time. For those of you that work full time I'm not sure how you manage to keep up. <3

I'm still working hard at staying active - doing Tai Chi 2 - 3 times a week and working at getting to 10,000 steps a day. I'm currently at about 9,000.

Working full time has impacted my meal planning so I'm juggling and trying to find the time and energy to do it more effectively.

It's so good to see so many of you still here not to mention all the newbies. I'll try to drop in more often.

Thought for the day: “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” ~ Ralph Marston

Carey-Northern Alberta (Where we need rain desperately)

Good to hear from you. When working full time it is certainly hard to keep up with lots of things. Praying for rain for everyone that is dry.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan