Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Survived Speed 2.0- I like it!
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love Speed 2, Upper Body and Rip't, HATE Core cardio, the jumps are horrible!
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Love Speed 2, Upper Body and Rip't, HATE Core cardio, the jumps are horrible!
    Dynamic core is horrible
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    oh dear kitte think i have core cardio tomorrow. cant remember it at all. which is worrying . may have blanked it out!
    Rachel if you can see and feel progress that's brilliant. focus on that til the scales catch up.
    glad you enjoyed it cGibs. its fun is nt it. more fun when you finish looking back then at 14 minutes in!
  • chookywillow
    Options
    there are some good breakdowns and reviews of t25 and lots of other beach body work outs on diapers and dumbbells.
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just did Rip't Circuit it's a killer workout but I used the 5lbs today instead of 2.5lbs and just about survived.. dvd finished just as I was wanting to give in thank God! Theres one part the half tuck jumps whete my legs are like jelly my stomach and back ache and i just want to die. I also love the speed 2.0 like you all.. it's the weights I feel the most burn with and any planking.. love core and legs with jumping.. any day after weights are involved my whole body is sore. I actually just booked in for a massage which is tomorrow now yayyy and hopefully might do my doubles tomorrow too before hand as sat. I have alot in at work!
  • chookywillow
    Options
    I upped the weights on rip' t to 5kg too. had to go back to 3 for one of the exercises though. cant remember which one now. 24 hours and my brain forgets. bit like child birth! just done core cardio. so glad the countdown timer is there! my thighs were complaining loudly at the last pike ups. couldn't do them as fast as the super fit group could! I have just been doing one a day in order through alpha, beta, gamma . then back to alpha. wonder if I should follow the programme properly. lost the sheet thing though so will Google it. do you think its better to do them in the order Shaun says?
  • cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Did Rip't Circuit last night too @RachelRiley87- I used 3lb weights hoping in a week or two I can move up to 5lbs. I liked the workout for the most part- I really don't like anything to do with planks though haha
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @chookywillow I'm pretty sure the order is important for how you build your stamina core strength and then onto the next stages which is then core then strength in game. I'm sure there is good reason on order of dvds with what muscle groups you focus on so that you don't understand or over train. Well done on the 5lbs!!

Well done @cgibs87 and I'm sure you'd be surprised how you can actually move up after a couple with lower weights trust me if I can anyone can because I'm so weak in my upper body in fact I'd say I had no to very very little upperbody strength into alpha started. Haha those damn planks!! I'm actually enjoying the workouts nor and more as I'm able to push more each time. In Alpha I could never really 100% nail it in beta I can though and feel improvement. Can't wait to do everything all over again either for some reason.. although I may sing another tune soon but now after hating workouts I look forward to them and doing two wasn't too bad for the first time doubling up... in fact I find after one workout sometimes I feel ready for one more now. Who woulda thought that 6weeks ago!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm still on vacation but had a second so just caught up on the thread. Glad to see everyone still at it!

I'm eating horribly, but at least I have gotten in some form of workout everyday while I'm here. Will be sad for vacation to end, but glad to get back to T25. Have a good day everyone!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @motivatedsister now that's dedication checking in while your away. Vacation is for treating yourself and by keeping active you can do just that so enjoy what time you have left! So nice to get away and relax once in awhile. I havnt had a holiday in years. I used to work as a masseuse on cruise ships so have been a few places one day I'll go when I'm not working 16hr days! Looking forward to your return.

So after yesterday (I did speed 2.0 and upper focus) I feel completley knackered today even though afterwards yesterday I had so much energy and pazzaz I felt like I could of done another crazy I know. Well needless to say really glad I didn't get carried away as I have Rip't circuit today and a bit nervous with how achey I feel, it's probably just what I need to stretch out these muscles though im pretty sure why fridays are double is because you surely need recovery day afterwards or I do with the weights.. even after a relaxing massage yesterday. On a bright note I dropped .4kg on scales this morning.. let's see if that holds true on my Tuesday weigh in.

Does anyone else ache like crazy the day after the weighted workouts?? I'm just scraping by on 5lbs as I feel near to exhaustion on the last couple of reps in each exercise so perfect whereas with the 2.5lbs it was still tough but I wasn't totally drained towards the end of each weighted exercise, which tells me these are the weights I should be on (5lbs). Will I always ache or will it get better?
  • rkaegeecee
    rkaegeecee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it today. I've done it before & loved it. But excuses got the best of me. So now I'm finally done with making excuses & am excited to be doing t25. I also hated the double days. I can't ever complete both in one day. Hmm, gets me discouraged sometimes
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @rkaegeecee welcome to the thread, really excited to have someone else new join us! I think alot of us here doing t25 have had the problem with finding excuses. As for the doubles I've split them all up to fri/sat or fri/sun so far and no problem.. I have only done stretch once in first week however as I found no benefit of it at all. Your work it out I'm sure so don't be discouraged find what works for you.

Just did my Rip't circuit and boy did I sweat just drinking a hydrating fitness drink now.. got alot of paperwork today but feeling better to have this out the way!

Hope everyone's doing okay, have not heard from a few of you in awhile. I really hope your all doing great on your fitness journeys whatever you have been upto and had a fantastic week so far!

In England it's a bank holiday weekend (3days) and so hot, unfortunately I'm working Saturday and Monday with a sporting event Sunday (i do recovery on athletes) but it keeps me in check so I don't over indulge on alchol or chocolate cake and bbq... well I'm not 100% sure on the alchol and bbq there's a huge event Saturday with both and I might make it a half way through treat to have a beer (or 2) and a burger!! (Any advice on alcoholic low calorie drinks welcome here).

Goodluck all on your long weekend if you have it, I know I'll need it! :wink:
  • chookywillow
    Options
    hi rkae I 'm new to the board too .been doing t 25 a few times a week for a year or so. now doing it everyday, and dieting. I have lost my plan sheet though so need to find a copy on Google.then will try to follow it properly. realistically not sure if I will be able to double up workouts though. I have 2 children and half an hour in front of the tv is their max ! are you starting tomorrow?
  • chookywillow
    Options
    hi Rachel I did upper body today. used 3kg for the long lever exercises and 5kg for curls etc. definitely knew I'd gone up a weight. my arms felt the same when I went to 3 from 1 so I am sure as your strength improves and you get used to the higher weight it will stop aching. I made a bench for the garden today(my Phone wanted to type harem which made me chuckle!) . I had to saw through some left over fence posts and decking. my sawing arm is aching already. goodness knows how it will feel tomorrow.
    I'm in the UK too. off to see my parents tomorrow who live in a town with a big folk festival. much Morris dancing and hanky waving! I tend to drink gin . and for a few weeks have just had glass of slimline tonic with a slice of lime. nearly as good!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Double day today but the first one is Speed 2.0 and I'm not looking forward to it! But I have to push through because after today I will only have one more week left of Beta and then I start Gamma! Peeked at the scale this morning and I'm 157 lb. Only 7 pounds away from goal! (But not at all close to the physique I'm hoping for.) Official weigh in is tomorrow. I hope I don't blow it this weekend... I'm attending a bridal shower tomorrow and we're having a BBQ on Sunday. I just have to remind myself of my goals and not go crazy with the food.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Just ordered Gamma today! I won't start it for 2 weeks. Its gonna be a great summer.
  • rkaegeecee
    rkaegeecee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @rachelriley87 thanks for that. I'll for sure be splitting it.

@chookywillow I've started this morning. I've had to modify though on some stuff.
  • lvmamaduke
    lvmamaduke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the board, glad to find you guys. I'm on week 4 day 4 of Alpha and love it so far.
  • chookywillow
    Options
    welcome! its lovely here. its a great work out ist it.