Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• MRbigGUYXXL
    MRbigGUYXXL Posts: 119 Member
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    HomeatWDW wrote: »
    Bump! Lasagna cooking in the slow cooker right now. It's going to be a busy week, but I'll share some recipes when I get time.

@HomeatWDW
    Don't forget us now! :D
  • Hearts_2015
    kookie634 wrote: »
    Crockpot cheeseburgers?? Tell me more

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/791644/anyone-remember-this
    I just resurrected this 2011 thread for you! With photos even :D
    @kookie634
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    kookie634 wrote: »
    Crockpot cheeseburgers?? Tell me more

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/791644/anyone-remember-this
    I just resurrected this 2011 thread for you! With photos even :D
    @kookie634

This one has the photos... :)http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/228507/crock-pot-cheeseburgers-w-pics/p1

It looks... well... interesting. I have no idea what Velveeta cheese is or whether we'd like it, and I haven't been through the 19 pages of that thread yet - has anyone made it without the cheese and added some when serving instead? Would that work, or is the cheese necessary to stop the beef drying out (since there's not much liquid)?
  • Domilg23
    Domilg23 Posts: 44 Member
    any ideas for soups to slow cook?
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    I found this recipe and love it.
    Slow Cooker Meatball Vegetable Soup

Yields: 6 servings

Ingredients
    •1 pound small meatballs (store bought or homemade)
    •24oz jar of pasta sauce (about 2.5 cups)
    •4 cups low sodium chicken broth
    •1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
    •3 cups green beans, ends cut off and cut into bite-sized pieces
    •1 medium-sized zucchini, ends cut off and cut into bite-sized pieces
    •1 medium-sized yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)

Directions
    1.Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
    2.Cover, and cook on “low” for 8 hours or until veggies are soft.

To Freeze

Combine all ingredients (except chicken broth) in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and add to slow cooker with chicken broth. Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours or until veggies are soft.

This soup tastes great with a piece of crusty bread on the side. Enjoy!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    This is my absolute favorite!

Mexican Crockpot Soup

Ingredients:
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (I used three)
    1 ½ cups chopped red onion
    2 chopped red bell peppers
    chicken bone broth (amount depends on how soupy you like it)
    ¼ cup chopped cilantro
    1 Tbsp Cumin
    2 Tbsp (or more) chopped chipotle chile in adobo
    6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
    2 (28oz) fire roasted tomatoes
    1 (4 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
    vegetables
    Salt and pepper
    ¼ cup chopped cilantro

Instructions
    Heat a large skillet and brown the chicken in the olive oil.
    Add everything except the cilantro in the crockpot and stir it up
    Cook on low for 5 hours. Shred chicken and put it back in the pot. I add lots and lots of vegetables at this time (zucchini, cauliflower, green beans, spinach, etc) and, if using fresh, cook for another hour or so. If using frozen, just put them in the pot and the heat of the soup will cook them..
  • leanora2009
    leanora2009 Posts: 5 Member
    Bump
  • bear549
    bear549 Posts: 10 Member
    Slow cooked Cuban shredded beef

This went down a storm recently at a family gathering and so easy...
    What You'll Need

1 large green bell pepper, chopped
    1 yellow onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 (2-1/2- to 3-pound) bottom round roast
    1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    Zest of 1 lime
    Juice of 2 limes

Pop everything in pot cook for 7 hours take the beef out let it rest then shred it and mix back in. I took out some of the juices as I didn't want it too sloppy.. served with spicy brown rice and chilli beans
  • Hearts_2015
    cariduttry wrote: »
    crock pot chicken tacos

1 jar of salsa, your choice (i like newman's peach salsa)
    1 can of corn, drained & rinsed
    1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
    1 pound (or thereabouts) boneless skinless chicken breasts (can even still be frozen)

literally dump it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. shred with two forks and serve on tortillas or, as i like it, on a salad. YUM!

Oh, on a salad, that sounds divine! I eat chicken on salads but wouldn't have thought of adding this. Great share, thanks so much!! :smiley:
    Most definitively YUM!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    ok. so this is so not healthy, but for brunch on a special occasion it is freakin amazing.
    Crock-Pot-Cinnamon-Roll-French-Toast-1.jpg

Recipe here. http://www.recipesthatcrock.com/crock-pot-cinnamon-roll-french-toast/
  • summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    I can't wait to look at the CP recipes here!
  • juliag67
    juliag67 Posts: 6 Member
    Yes!! I can't wait either!! Just to make cp recipes period!! Lol :D
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Red potatoes quartered and spread across bottom, frozen french style green beans on top place seared italian sausages. Pour 16 ounces of water before covering. Cook for 6 hours on high. So delicious
  • summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    juliag67 wrote: »
    Just to make cp recipes period!! Lol :D

this^^
  • kes0156
    kes0156 Posts: 3 Member
    Made those crock pot cheeseburgers a couple weeks ago. Everyone loved it! I served it on hamburger buns but you could just eat it straight.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    I cooked a venison shoulder! Browned it on all sides, then took it out of the pan and fried sliced onions till soft, then added water and cooked for a couple of minutes. Put the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker (make sure there is enough water to cover the bottom) then sat the shoulder on top, sprinkled with salt and a dribble of soy sauce, put 2 rosemary sprigs on it and cooked on low for 6-7 hours. Made gravy by straining the juices and adding cornflour slurry, soy sauce and ketchup. It was delicious. Would also work for a lamb shoulder (my slow cooker is 6qt, if you have a smaller one try a half shoulder).

Scottish lentil soup - ham stock (cubes are fine), chopped onions, carrots, potatoes and red lentils. Quantities are up to you, probably at least 2 cups stock to every 1 cup lentils or it will be solid. It is a gentle flavour but should not be bland, if it is it needs more salt. Eat with fresh bread and butter. A real rib sticker, we sometimes have this as our whole dinner. Cook 4-5 hours on low so the lentils completely fall apart. It will thicken on standing, leftovers usually need watered down.
  • mypeep
    mypeep Posts: 55 Member
    happymiche wrote: »
    I do a lot of chicken in mine. You can put frozen chicken breasts in it, add a jar (or homemade if you prefer) pasta sauce, a bunch of chopped up veggies...it's so good over brown rice or whole wheat pasta. Or put the chicken in, add chicken broth and seasonsings of choice...you end up with really moist, juice chicken. I'm trying a chicken taco filling tomorrow in mine. Put frozen chicken breasts in, add a jar of salsa and seasonings of choice. Once it's done, you can shred it with 2 forks. Yum :) All of these work well 8 hrs on low, or 2 hrs on high, and 4 or 5 on low. Enjoy!

What seasonings do you add to the taco recipe?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Bump