40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Yesterday I did a lap around Central Park on my bike and was able to do Harlem Hill with no trouble. The last time I tried, I barely made it. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about doing it twice later this week. B)
  • RobertWilkens
    RobertWilkens Posts: 77 Member
    41 here, and would welcome new MFP friend adds. I tend to click like on any positive progress/news, only occasionally post text comments.

So far lost 56lbs (I'm at 197), Looking to lose probably another 30-35.

This week marks 1 year (365 days) of logging into MFP daily for me, so i figure it's time to reach out to the message boards again as a lot of the people i originally made friends with have either dropped off or become somewhat inactive (I might have 5 or 10 active MFP pals remaining).

Had 22,000+ steps yesterday on FitBit. That is unusual for me, typically is probably 5,000-7,000. On a rainy day like today here in new york (Long Island) it might be much less.

I am not always the healthiest eater, but my weight is generally in a downward trend over the course of the year (during allergy season my moods get off and that distracts my dieting a bit).

As per where the cool kids are (this group) - "I wish that i could be like the cool kids" as the song says :smiley:
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    60to35 wrote: »

Wow @chris_2013 ! That's a lot of weight in a short period, especially at our age ;) Let us know if you hit 50 tomorrow.

Down again this morning so total loss now OVER 50 lbs. Just bought a set of Parasom A1 Magnetic Bluetooth Headphones off of Amazon yesterday and those will help motivate me for longer walks (trying to do 5 km every morning before it gets too hot). My wife hit 15 lbs lost this morning and she is down to 155 for the first time in several years (probably pre-kids weight).

• 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    That is really great @chris_2013. Fantastic that you are doing this together!

Back for me today. Still have to do pull ups "assisted". Will I ever conquer them?!
    Finished with a 30 minute run.
  • lillyjaiden
    lillyjaiden Posts: 2 Member
    Hi!
    I am a 55 year old mother of four and grandmother of four. I have always exercised and just had to quit my intense workouts(a professional football player workout)because i was starting to get many pulled muscles and injuries. I had been doing these for over a year. I thrive on competition and at a loss on exercise routines. Started walking, but would like to get back to tossing tires, running thru ladders, pushing weights fifty yards or more ect. Need something comparable.
    I am very overweight and would like to loose 90 pounds, but not be in pain for days after a workout.
    Alternative exercises would be great.
    Thanks for suggestions and letting me be in the group.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    I would love to join this group, I am 46, eat clean, have cut out sugar but do allow a little sweetness in my diet. I am a keen hiker but have 20 lbs to lose (my last 20!) I think I have hit a plateau so today I went on a 20km hike which was pretty strenuous but feel brilliant for it! It is getting warmer here in U.K and one thing I always suffer from is water retention, so weird seeing as I drink 2 litres a day. Anybody else have this issue?
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Hi! Just started logging here. 43. Started my plan two weeks ago after 4-5 years of dietary neglect and a whole lot of pizza and ice cream. Quit smoking 3 years ago which due to the icecream and pizza quickly added 40lbs.

266lbs sw on May 13 2016. Weighed in this morning 253. GW185. Just doing daily 3k walks up and down thehills near my house and previously enjoyed powerlifting so started that back up on Saturday. Got under the bar for the first time in 4ish years and forgot how good you feel after doing *kitten* to the grass squats, sore but good.

Nice to find a group for the 40+ crowd!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Been a while since I posted. A bit of same old same old working out with weights and kettlebells and getting a few rides in a week (averaging about 75km/wk) which while not great isn't too bad. I've signed up for a Fondo in September so will start having to up my distances (and climbing) in the next few months.

Did Hollyburn hike with the older girls on Monday of last week, still tonnes of snow on the peak but good fun. Ended up getting chashed by a grouse....so I assume they are nesting. Hopefully the snow melts a bit in the alpine as I would like to do a few more but a bit of a tough sell with the snow for the youngsters.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Weekly weight train done! Usual random mix of upper & lower body - newly added stiffleg deadlift
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Vertical Plyo"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Back & Traps=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,920 Member
    Finally, I get to lift, today. :)

An 8-day break....so, I will take it easy, but make sure I am also working hard at it.

BOOM!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Got plenty of running in over the long weekend... yesterday was a hot one, and my shoulders got sunburned. :neutral:
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Relief"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Rode my bike today - so hot & I'm toasted B)
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Joining the thread...I will soon be 44 and weigh about 200 lbs, down from 330 lbs in February of 2015. I jog about 2.5 miles 3 days per week and do a combination stairmaster & total gym workout 3 days per week, rest on Sunday. My goal weight is 175 lbs, seems that I have been stuck around 200 for a while now. My biggest peeve is that even with all the weight I have lost I am still considered obese according to the BMI chart, since I am only 5'5" I would need to weigh 150 lbs to be considered healthy according to BMI, don't see that happening, but I am determined to get out of the obese category and 175 will do that!
  • gam3rguy
    Bis & Tris=Done!