40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• annettemoe
    annettemoe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to join, but would love too! I went back for my Masters degree and spent the last few years doing homework instead of moving. I am proud of my education and stepping into my career (finally!) but want to focus on the healthy me now! I want to lose weight, but also want to be hearth healthy and body strong. I joined MFP in April after being diagnosed with high blood pressure. I have been very intentional about food since then, and have lost 13 pounds...But I also started this journey while working a full time job and starting my internships...so exercise has been challenging. I have three weeks left of both jobs and then will have a much more normal life to be able to add the exercise and reach my goals. I have loved MFP for helping me stay intentional...a group like this will help to feel connected with others with similar challenges! Love it!
    Good health to all!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Stuck at the airport today. Since I missed my gym time I walked around the airport and got some steps in.
    Annetee congratulations on your masters
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    May Goal Review: I'd give myself a B-, but that gives me room for improvement in June. ;)

1. Work out goals:
    • 4 Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) races completed for the month. Took 3 second places, and 1 third place for my age, gender and board size (50+/Female/SUP Surf). Two of the races were repeats from last year, and I did better time wise in both (even though I came in dead last in one). Had improved split times for all races over last year's races.
    • Cardio 4 times / week completed.
    • Strength training 1-2 days / wk - still needs work, didn't work it in for May.
    • Kettlebell targeted exercises for SUP improvement 2-3 days / week (squat, swing, arm row, dead lift). - usually did something 1-2 times a week. Needs work still.
    • 30 Day plank challenge - had to restart since I missed so many days, but currently on day 9.
    2. Have already modified my macro ratios and daily calorie estimate. Think it will be better than the initial settings I had.
    3. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day - Mostly successful (think I only missed one or two days).
    4. Get 7-9 hours of sleep a night - Somewhat successful, struggled with a few days a week of getting less than 7 hours - tried to nap those days, but not always possible.
    5. I did manage to lose 3.6 pounds as of today, so .8 shy of the 4.4 I was shooting for by the end of May. But 3.6 is movement in the right direction and much better than nothing or gaining!

June goals:
    1. Workout:
    • Complete the 24 hours of working out in June challenge (approximately 6 hours / week)
    • Complete the 30 day plank challenge
    • Work in more strength training each week (bands and/or kettlebell; 1-2 days)
    2. Work to stay within current macro ratios.
    3. Get 7-9 hours of sleep a night.
    4. Get below 'overweight' BMI range (140 lbs) by end of the month.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Game Day"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done! after "Game Day"! that may have been dumb. :s
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    The pelvic MRI was not a very good experience. The abdominal MRI was much faster/better. I have cd-images of all the scans. It is CRAZY how LARGE the tumor is! I have compared my images to *kitten*-tons on google, but cannot confirm "benign" or "malignant".....i meet with my family dr on Monday, but might try and call my gyne to squish me in tomorrow morning.

I only had time to get "lifting" on Tuesday of this week....have been working (and going to dr's appts) all the rest of the time. Likely will get one cardio session in on Saturday. And then I should be back to "regular" schedule (3 x lifting, 1 x cardio) next week.

BOOM!
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Leg day.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Beeps
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Rode my bike today. Planned to do 5 loops of my usual route but it was so hot that I wanted to shorten it - not that I was too tired or ran out of water, just a mental excuse I guess... Managed to override it by saying to myself that I will buy myself a nice cold drink on the way home if I can finish the plan. It worked and I won a diet snapple yay :D
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 - that doesn't sound like fun at all. Hope you get positive results from the doctors! Stay strong.

Did pretty good this week with working out. Joined a 24 hour/month challenge, which is motivating me since I only did 15 hours last month, and I thought it was a busy month for me. Makes a difference when you have to be accountable. Got in 4 days of cardio and one day of strength training this week. Also doing pretty good with the planking challenge since I've made it to day 10 (as of yesterday). Still being challenged to get enough sleep nightly. Macro ratios improving. Lost a pound in the past week, so it's showing on the scale too.
  • 60to35
    Options
    Arms and abs. Hate abs- so weak.
    30 minute HIIT run on the mill.

Best wishes @beeps2011. Hope things work out for you.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

Ran 3 miles today. I can't believe I just said that. Four months ago that seemed impossible, but now here I am running 3 miles.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Tradition holds that naming the tumor is a good idea.

So, due to the fact that there was some jerky-*kitten* at hubby's nephew's convocation last week, named "Terry", we have (now) dubbed my tumor: "Terry the Teratoma". (....funny story, it is brief, but hilarious!)

On the MRI reports, they were kind enough to note: "incidental note is made of a degenerative change at L5-S1 with small anular tears at L4-L5 and L5-S1 posteriorly."

Man, is that from my WEIGHTED HIP THRUSTS, lol?!?!?!?

"Terry the Teratoma" is 9.4 cm in CC dimensions and 6 cm in AP dimensions and 6.6 cm TX.
    That is KOO-KOO.

Terry HAS TO GO....laproscopic surgery date is June 28, 2016....2's and 8's have ALWAYS been my LUCKY numbers, so YAHOOOooooo!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Strength"=Done!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Joining the thread. June goals are to hit gym at least three x week. Running 15km race tomorrow so wax a slow rest week
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I rode my bike today!
  • 60to35
    Options
    Shoulders then a slooooow 43 minute- the time it takes to watch a The Good Wife episode on Netflix- TM run.
    The rest of the afternoon is a freebie- no kids or husband
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Chest & Tris...5+ mile trail run"=Done!