Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Replies

• lvmamaduke
    lvmamaduke Posts: 24 Member
    I am on my last couple days of alpha and will be starting Beta on Monday. I feel like this week all the workouts clicked and I was hardly modifying. I haven't lost any weight in the last 5 weeks but feel like I am toning.
  • alx790
    alx790 Posts: 7 Member
    I had a pretty poor week in terms of pushing play!! Only got two work outs done in the week due to another hectic work week. But I'm making up for it this weekend - just did a double and burned over 500 cals!! Feeling back on track! Hope everyone is having an active weekend!
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Way to go.
  • SuperSaiyanEva
    SuperSaiyanEva Posts: 39 Member
    Double day for me today. Cardio and Lower Focus. Alpha Week 1 Day 5. I started on a Tuesday lol. It's already getting hot here today. No a/c either. I need to stick with it today though.
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Hello all! Just found this post and feel late to the party, but here it goes! lol

I LOVE T25. I completed the whole series lay year with great results. I'm now doing my 2nd round after a rough end to last year and beginning to this year, including a hysterectomy in Feb. That was a 10 pound weight gain.

I'll be starting week 5 of Beta on Tues, just completed my week 9 double day today of Speed 2.0/Upper Focus (my 2 favorites in Beta!).

Gamma is by far my favorite phase, with the exception of Speed 3.0 (I LOATHE that workout). I'm super excited to get to that Paar again.

Beginning stats on this round:
    I'm a 5'7" female, 37 years old.
    BW: 161 lbs 9 weeks agi
    CW: 148. Haven't seen the 140's in years!

I do not log my T25 workouts. I've found I don't lose if I do. I wear my Fitbit and go by my step count instead and only eat back a small portion (more if I'm hungry).

After Gamma, I plan on doing Insanity Max 30. I'm a bit nervous about that one! lol
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Checking back in!

Just got back into town...wasn't able to get in any T25 hotel on an upper level :( . I was able to get in a hike and hit up a local gym on a guest pass and go to a yoga class, so at least I was active. Totally didn't want to and it was rough, but I just completed Speed 2.0 and Upper Focus when I got back to complete week 4 of Beta cycle. I almost died lol, on top of still not being 100% back on schedule since coming back from vacation and being a little sore from the hike I really struggled on both when normally Upper Focus is a piece of cake!

On the one hand I'm excited that I'm a week from finishing Beta, but on the other I feel like I have taken a few steps back from my intensity level that I was on before vacation. Just gonna keep pressing play!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Hi all, happy to see some new faces and to see how well everyone is doing! Soooo... tried hip hop abs... its just no where near hard enough after ten weeks of t-25! Fun to do but just not the burn I've been used to! Done Upper focus, Dynamic core and speed 2 this weekend (and loved it) so going to re-do beta cycle and order Gamma in the mean time. Never thought I would see the day where I actually look forwards to exercise!
  • ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Hi all, just checking in. Starting Beta today, can't wait to start lifting some weights again. Haven't felt sore at all in alpha, cardio doesn't really do it for me, I don't get the feeling that I'm pushing myself. I'm down 12lbs so it has been working.
    Keep up the good work everyone.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    I've just completed speed 1.0 (week 3 alpha) and damn it feels good. I think I'm going to do another video. That buzz you get from a good workout, from knowing your body is changing FOCUS
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    @fitphillygirl good idea to take rest time. I hope you havnt done to much damage. Goodluck with the healing process and look forward to you coming back to this thread to join us.

@Blessed_Mommy86 it's so true we are getting stronger faster and better everyday. Well done on the workouts very impressed keep pushing forward your inspirational! We all have struggles with the diet now and then what's important is your staying in control of your health and know where you might be slipping up. Did you think about repeating a week for your stamina or just going to Soilder on? I always feel knacjer3f after weekends can't imagine having a longer break or two short ones and feeling like I'm nailing it.

@supersimonesquirrel congrats on the workouts hope double day wasn't too much I'm sure you nailed it though!

@silverbulletsuk welcome to the thread so nice to have you with us. Beta is fantastic and I can't wait for gamma either. The benefits I have gained so far doing this far outweigh any perceived goals I had initially. Goodluck with progress and can't wait to hear you update us on your journey .. it's awesome your managing to fit so much in so early on. I was not brave enough for that. Ps. I love that buzz!!!

@ivmamaduke that's exactly how my progress went.. it clicked at week 5 and I felt fantastic toning definitely when I looked at pictures I was happily surprised! The weight is finally dropping at a small rate each week from week 7. Goodluck for Beta I love this phase so much in fact I may repeat either before gamma or afterwards.

@alx790 way to go making up the workouts.. that's dedication!! It's great to see when your busy your not slacking with the workouts! Great burn too!! I've had a manic work week too luckily I fit mine in before the week end had a huge wedding party makeup's and a full days of full body massages. So glad I fit things in but did have a sneaky drink or two.

@supersaiyaneva well done! I have no access either and it's got really really hot here over the last few days I feel like I'm losing weight just sitting on my couch. Keep pressing play and goodluck!!

@Jenpiddles wow that's fantastic welcome to this thread your at the same stage as me and just got me excited about gamma phase. We in the same height weight range roughly.. although I don't lose half as fast as you only a total of 6lbs and I've got 2weeks left of Beta. It's great to see how well your doing in these workouts. Do you mind me asking what types of foods your eating? Might help me when I do this all over again!

@kittehkitteh88 well done you that's fantastic nice to hear feedback on another programme.. I may also redo beta as I'm loving it can't wait to be doing gamma at the same time as you! Your have to let us know when it arrives in all its glory. I'm also starting to feel the same about exercise excitement not dread.

@real149 fantastic loss congratulations that's brilliant welcome to Beta! Can't wait to hear what you think about Beta now your have weights.

I'm looking so forward to my workout today been so busy with work this weekend and will be fully booked tonight too that I havnt even thought about exercise. Been logging foods and staying good. I'm nervous and excited for today's Rip't circuit I think it is haha.. see I havnt even looked! Just because I've been so busy I really feel it's been like a week not a couple of days since I worked out last! Hopefully it'll be as fun as normal and I'll kick some butt it's fast becoming one of my favorites in Beta and I feel it's harder on me the day after!

Goodluck on your week guys! Always looking forward to your updates!
  • cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi All! Been MIA the past few days, back to back kiddie parties and trying to get my house ready to list it this week! Wasn't able to work out this weekend but was back at it this morning. Week 2 of Beta!
  • Kayla103
    Kayla103 Posts: 13 Member
    So, I missed a week and a half, so I am restarting Beta today. I will most likely feel like I'm dying, but I'd rather not lose all my progress!
  • motivatedsister
    Good luck @kayla103 !
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all have the motivation to get your workout in because I know I don't. Today is my first day of Gamma and the first workout is Speed 3.0. I've heard not-so-good things about that one so I'm really dreading it. I decided that if I hate the speed workout, I'm going to replace it with one of the other cardio focused videos... I don't want to dread my workout so I feel like that will be the best thing for me. We'll see how it goes today though.

I took my "After Beta" progress pictures and I'm not loving the results. I will post them for you guys to see. *Gulp* I have lost about 9 pounds since the beginning of Alpha and have dropped at least one pant size but I wish my results were more dramatic visually. Especially in my stomach as that is my problem area. I think the most difference is in my face (but I also got my braces off in the meantime so that may contribute as well). I have to give myself some grace though because I just had a baby at the end of January so I feel like I don't look too shabby for being 4 months postpartum. So anyway, here are my results so far!
    iwtgo08st0rg.jpg
    qu03xfcq49gb.jpg
    hmqaw23psdgu.jpg
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    @Blessed_Mommy86 you look incredible look at the definition especially in the chest upper body and back! Wow sure after Gamma your be killing it especially in problem areas I think they take the longest to go.. my area is same as yours I wish I knew how to show my pictures. I've lost 6lbs 3more by end of Beta would be lovely and I'd be matching up to you. My tummy just looks a bit lumpy now where muscle is appearing in some areas and not at all in the area the fat roll hangs haha!! Goodluck on speed 3.0 let us know how it goes. Progress is good but not good to dread a workout or you might end up quitting if your anything like me.

@kayla103 goodluck and welxom3 back. Hope it's not too hard getting back into Beta. Fingers crossed for you! Had wondered where you had gone!

@cgibs87 yikes sounds busy and chaotic.. children are enough of a workout especially if more than 2! Sounds like you had your hands full. Hope you move back into the workouts okay this week and goodluck with the house stuff.

I just got back from work.. my arms and lower back killed doing massages tonight as I did Rip't circuit earlier #knifemyself!

• kerrimeng4
    kerrimeng4 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi all! I'm new to this app and to T25. I'm in week 4 day 1 of Alpha and loving it so much which is ridiculously crazy for me to look forward to working out. I'm a mom of 2, 5'5", 31 years old and started the program weighing in at 137. Today I am at 133 after a 4 pound weight loss. My main goal is to just tone up as I don't really feel like I need to lose a huge amount of weight. I started this with a goal to get to 125 but my motivation has changed to just look and feel good about myself and ignore the numbers on the scale. I'm excited to be here and help motivate everyone along.
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    hi everyone sounds like a really positive t25 threat the moment! I doubled up for a couple of days and managed to dislocate my toe! its been clunking around a lot recently. so had a couple of burpee free days as I think that is what caused it. i dug out my old firm DVDs and really enjoyed the change. back to t25 today just alpha cardio and speed. think I will stick with alpha and gamma for a while. I had plantar faciitIis quite badly when I used to run. and think it may be coming back. to am wondering about varying it with something low impact. maybe piyo? anyone got any suggestions?
  • motivatedsister
    @Blessed_Mommy86 I see a difference...you look great, even more so knowing you're just 4 months postpartum!

Just finished doing Ript Circuit, and even though I still feel a little sluggish compared to where I was I hung in there. I'm looking forward to doing this one two more times this week, and hopefully am back to form by the next one.

Headed to the gym!
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Checking back in again. Did the stretch day on Sun - felt great after that rest day and double workout. Cardio workout day today - felt easier than last time, wouldn't say I nailed it though :wink:
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Found that I need to eat more often as I am still breastfeeding. Added an extra snack in the afternoon before my workouts. I am finding that this workout is making me hungrier than my other workouts - anyone else?