Intermittent Fasting Support Group?

Options

Replies

• sunnycam
    sunnycam Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lady Gecko!

Congrats on your weight loss! 3 rounds of HCG seems tough!!! I only did one and I am trying my best to keep the weight down in maintenance because I don’t know if I will be able to follow it so diligently the second time around. :wink:

I know I should probably be asking you this in the HCG thread, but what else are you doing in P3/P4 to stabilize your weight? I am about 5 lbs above my lowest weight and trying to get it back down then stabilize… looking for solutions...that's how I found this thread.

Okay, I am going to read up on ESE and try it out! Thanks so much! Good luck on your next HCG round!
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    You're welcome! I would go on over to the HCG thread for suggestions, there has been a lot of discussion lately about trouble stabilizing. As for me, I honestly have been rock solid since starting intermittent fasting, so haven't had to do anything else.....
    Thanks Lady Gecko!

Congrats on your weight loss! 3 rounds of HCG seems tough!!! I only did one and I am trying my best to keep the weight down in maintenance because I don’t know if I will be able to follow it so diligently the second time around. :wink:

I know I should probably be asking you this in the HCG thread, but what else are you doing in P3/P4 to stabilize your weight? I am about 5 lbs above my lowest weight and trying to get it back down then stabilize… looking for solutions...that's how I found this thread.

Okay, I am going to read up on ESE and try it out! Thanks so much! Good luck on your next HCG round!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

What happens when you hit your goal weight? What does maintance look like?

Thanks!

This is estimated maintenance for LG method.

Recomp:
    workout days: +20%
    non workout days: -20%
  • ajanieva
    ajanieva Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been off and on MFP for over a year now. I only recently discovered IF on another weight loss forum. I am keeping up with a thread there but decided that since I keep track of my calorie intake here and there is no calculator or exercise database there, I might as well join a thread here and just stop refreshing so many windows :)

So far I've not seen a change on the scale and I've been IF'ing for 6 days. I have a window for feeding from 2-7pm or 3-8pm and that seems to work pretty well. I have noticed that I start getting hungry later in the day. That must mean my body is accepting this new way of eating.

I had some troubles reading through this whole thread, I kept being redirected :( Have you all had pretty good losses with this method of eating? I am also calorie counting and thinking of adding my old SBD ways to the mix if I don't see results within the first 2 weeks.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    When I was looking to lose fat, LG IF worked for me. I am now in recomp mode.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
    Options
    I have used Eat Stop Eat since December. It seems to work well for me. I have considered doing leangains on the other six days of the week, but have not decided yet if I will. With leangains you will still need a caloric deficit for the week.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Leangains 16/8 for 2 weeks now, but after some further research into the health benefits of fasting beyond weight loss I decided to try to incorporate a 24 hour fast in once a month. I'm on my first one today with 3 hours left and it just got difficult. I think going for a walk might help.
  • Setapart
    Setapart Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started IF yesterday. I'm trying the 16/8 approach, because people seem to be able to hold on to that pretty well. I've also looked into the fast 5 approach. Yesterday, I stopped eating around 6. I took in about 1580 calories during a 6.5 hour time period. I never eat that few calories, so it was a good learning experience. I want to try to go longer, but it seems 16 hours would be 10am. I should probably break fast then. Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Today is my "IF" day.
    I currently have one IF day a week, usually Tue or Wed. I eat normal breakfast and lunch. Liquids only 1 pm to bedtime and break my fast around seven the next day. Basically an eighteen hour fast. I haven't been unusually hungry at breakfast, but my post fast breakfast is more protein than my usual weekday breakfast.
    This has worked so well I'm considering "IF" twice a week. Its been a painless way to lower my average weekly calorie intake.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    The LG IF style is meant to be an everyday thing really. Martin does say 16/8 for guys but 14/10 for girls. Can't remember the reasoning though. Whatever works for you though, it's meant to be flexible.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
  • HannahWhitfield7
    Options
    Bump *

This really interest's me. Im going to do some research and see if this will work for me... im really struggling to drop any weight and i feel like i have just hit a wall!
    How much weight have you lost from IF over what period of time?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    me? zero. Not trying to though. Same weight and got stronger.
  • pork_belly
    pork_belly Posts: 144
    Options
    Started IF after finding this page.
    http://www.justinowings.com/b/index.php/me/a-low-carbohydrate-diet-mixed-with-inter
    It was on that page that LG was also mentioned. After doing some research I've decided to go with the Fast-5 style of IF. Basically its fasting at 19/5. Meal time is between 5PM-10PM. I've been on a lo-carb diet since April and will stay on it with it going forward. I did try a 30 hour fast several days ago and it felt good but I think I can manage 19/5 better. You can get the Fast-5 free ebook if you register on their site> http://www.fast-5.com/
    Will report back on how this works after a week. Good luck to all starting an IF schedule.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Bump *

This really interest's me. Im going to do some research and see if this will work for me... im really struggling to drop any weight and i feel like i have just hit a wall!

I've consistently lost 1-2lbs per week since I started on June 22nd. I'm doing the lean gains 16/8 with the occasional 24hour fast thrown in (every other week). I'm down 6 lbs. And that's with a crazy wedding weekend thrown in eating out or someone else's cooking for 4 straight days.
  • Setapart
    Setapart Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!!! I am on day 3, its 10:20 am, and I'm not ravenous!!!! I broke fast at 10am the first day, 10:20 the second day. I'm astonished because I was a bit hungry as I went to bed last night. I recognize my hunger, but it isn't overwhelming me. I think I'm getting to that point where you can get the hunger out of your head. I'm going to make some tea, have some sparkling water, and see if I can hang in there until 12. :):):)

I have lost two pounds in the first two days. I've been warned that it does slow down, but its really nice to see things heading in the right direction.
  • agent300
    agent300 Posts: 73
    Options
    i dont think i will ever eat a different way after doing IF for a few weeks now
  • HannahWhitfield7
    Options
    I think im going to give it a go!
    i would most likely fast from 9pm - 1pm the following day making it a 16hour fast with roughly 8 hours of this that i would be sleeping... is that and Ok place to start?
  • HannahWhitfield7
    Options
    Bump *

I've consistently lost 1-2lbs per week since I started on June 22nd. I'm doing the lean gains 16/8 with the occasional 24hour fast thrown in (every other week). I'm down 6 lbs. And that's with a crazy wedding weekend thrown in eating out or someone else's cooking for 4 straight days.

I think im going to give it a go!
    i would most likely fast from 9pm - 1pm the following day making it a 16hour fast with roughly 8 hours of this that i would be sleeping... is that and Ok place to start?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    That's exactly what I do. But it doesn't have to be that rigid or anything. Can be flexible ie. today I was busy doing stuff so didn't break fast until 2pm so I can eat til 10 if I want :)