Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87

I eat pretty consistent meals daily. For breakfast I do overnight oats and a banana. Lunch is usually some kind of chicken and rice recipe that I make on Sundays to take to work all week. Dinners vary. Anything from spagetti, more chicken, soups, fish sticks.... Dinner is not my Heather meal usually, but I am careful to measure my portions correctly. I'll use a protein shake occasionally as a snack if I know I'll be having a late lunch.

I think most of my weight loss has been not logging the T25 workouts. That's extra deficit and takes the weight off a bit faster I think. I wear a Fitbit, and just use the step count I get from that during the day and only eat back a small portion of those calories if I'm hungry.
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @chookywillow my friend is doing Piyo every night with his house mates as they are nurses studying at university. He said it is amazing over 4 weeks everyone is the house has lost alot of lbs and body fat. They are eating fairly healthy too by making up small dinners on a Sunday for the week. Goodluck if you do it would be a very different workout and focus on many other things we might neglect in hitt training.

@supersimonesquirrel I felt hungrier too. I am not breast feeding or anything else but on mums net they suggest maybe upping calories in this situation.

@Jenpiddles thank you so much for the input, I've been trying brown rice with chicken alot and chicken salads when I'm out. I also like lasagna and spaghetti etc at nights. I've recently been eating large sweet baked potatoes for lunch too.its nice to hear about not eating back workout calories and how that's got a greater loss. I may end up doing that the next round through to see if it helps although I worry I'd lose muscle too that way instead of increasing it.
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great minds ;) I also have a baked sweet potato for lunch every day! My work mates laugh at me pulling a sweet potato out of my bag every morning but its quick to do, filling and healthy - whats not to love?
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Blessed_Mommy86 - you look great! Can really tell a difference, especially on your waist, hips and back, keep up the amazing work!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @kittekkitteh88 isn't it just! They cook so fast and aswell as good carbs I make high protein having beans and cheese so filling and a good all round variety with macro.

As for my weekly weigh in.. really odd results this week, still fantastic from when I started weigh insurance. Just very odd my body fat went up muscle mass and weight went down.. dunno if a week is fast enough to lose new gain in muscle?! But overall even with fat % going up I'm down in degree of obesity and bmi. Now it's a week off tom and last time this also happened my body fat went up and muscle mass down or stayed but I think my weight also increased this time it's not increased no idea if this plays a roll but I'll see what next week is telling me.

Week 7 # Week 8
    69.7 / 69.5kg
    Body fat % 32.5 / 32.8%
    Muscle mass 44.6 / 44.3kg
    BMI 24.1 / 24.
    Degree of obesity 9.6% / 9.3%

If anyone knows how to read this or if week before Tom effects body fat % let me know.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Way to keep at it Rachel!

Just finished Core Cardio. I'm pretty sore today so I think I'm not gonna do any extra workouts outside of T25. Just gonna relax and try to catch up on some chores around the house.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Well done @motivatedsister I really don't think we need more than t25 even when we feel like we could stack it. I have core cardio today too. I've forgotten what it is which is good because I'm so sore and bruised all over from muay thai I don't really feel like working out but because I don't know what the routine is it helps me keep focused. Luckily no work in today so I can ice paracetamol and heal a bit before I even think about working out. Just hope no moves are on forearms today.
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Muay Thai sounds fun. Hope the soreness goes away soon!

I got in some much needed housework yesterday after doing T25, so I'm glad I skipped out on the gym.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    It is lots of fun. I wouldn't of said that 2months ago but I can hold my ground in the fitness area now so I'm sort of average fitness level.

Well done on getting house work done I've yet to get around to it all myself.

Just finished t25 it's been 27celcius (not sure how you spell that) here today, I'm sweating so much more than usual and exhausted could barely do all moves at 100% and had to modify a fair bit towards the end... but it is done! Think I'll stick to the morning from now on though I've kind of got my routine down for that.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't run from the work..... feeeeeeel the work!

i post a little 'tip' on my account each day and today's was

"Do something today that your future self will thank you for"

I've just completed cardio (alpha week 3) and I'm happy to say that I've successfully destroyed some calories. My future self might be happy but tomorrow I'm guessing my body will hate me. I put my all into it, my shirt was soaked through but I feel pretty damn good!

I took yesterday as a rest day and even though I've eaten healthy I just didn't feel like it had only been the one day. I punished myself for taking that rest haha and tried to reclaim some respect from Shaun lol.

I hope your all having a good time with the videos. Keep working hard people.

FOCUS!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Don't run from the work..... feeeeeeel the work!

Lol I snicker a little each time I hear him say that...I'm feeling it alright!

Just finished Ript Circuit...tons easier than Monday when I did it. It's getting super hot here too @RachelRiley87, I was just thinking that soon it's gonna be so hot I'm not gonna want to head back out into the heat to go to the gym after my daily T25 workout. I may have to revisit waking up at the crack of dawn to workout in the AM.

I can't believe I'm only a few days away from finishing Beta!!! Since I've been in and out of town I haven't done measurements in awhile, or my usual try on everything in my closet to see what fits now bit, so hopefully I'll see a difference come Saturday. TOM is ending but still feel a little bloated so don't know if the scale will be kind by weeks end...lol not expecting it to.

I've got Gamma so I'm planning to continue on to that next.

Off to the gym!

• lvmamaduke
    lvmamaduke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 with the heat make sure to up your water. I live were it's been 109 degrees this past week and notice I struggle in my workouts and energy when I don't add in extra water.

I am on my first week of beta and love it! Maybe because some of the moves are what was in alpha. Keep going ladies you are doing awesome and helping me to stay on track the rest of the 5 weeks.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @silverbulletsuk I know the exact moment of these sayings.. he manages to say it at the exact time my body wants to give in and it gives me so much more focus and motivation to do more even if my legs feel they are no longer attached to my body.. definitely. Feel those burns I wonder if they ever become easier.. at the end of week 8 and still feel the burn as if it was the first day of Beta!

You have done so bloody well @motivatedsister so impressed by your dedication to this. Your probably find earlier is better like me. Especially as your doing alot. I would personally avoid those scales and measurements for one more week.. your thank yourself! I actually tried on a load of old clothes yesterday sitting in my closet because I have an old friend in town I havnt seen in a few years on Friday.. we are off out and needless to say I was extremely pleased to see I'm fitting in alot of tight bodycon dresses now with no fat belly hanging (qtleast while I stand up) probably all kinds of ugly going on if I sat down in them! So happy. I also have an outfit ready to buy for an up coming hen party which I'm super excited about because my body is getting some definition in my shoulder blades and it's backless! Hurrah!! I got Gamma too and plan on doing it on its own then as a hybrid after. Goodluck enjoy the gym.

@ivmamaduke brilliant to hear your into Beta now, the time flys by doesn't it! How are you finding the weights did you chose what lbs your going to be using throughout? I am generally good with water or try to be I get in 5liters a day usually if I can or just under that. I'm not sure I can get more then that in but I will try.. I just end up on the loo too much if I do. I think your right though I'm probably dehydrated and need some more.. I will buy sports hydration drinks again this week too.

• kerrimeng4
    kerrimeng4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have tomorrow and then next week left in alpha and then I'm on to beta. What pound weights do you all use? I have the bands but I've heard it's easier with weights. What is everyone's feelings on this?
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I cant get on with bands I think weights are much better. I started with 1 and 3 kg so 2.2 and 6.6lb. I now use 3 and 5 kg. 5 for dead lifts bicep and tricep. and 3 for things like superman. I tend to put them down for burpees as I don't feel very safe holding them and jumping my legs back!

I had a couple of days off and my feet feel lots better. so think I will just need to alternate high and low impact DVDs. did the level 2 insanity cardio yesterday. which felt great when it was over!
  • kerrimeng4
    kerrimeng4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I might get a few sets.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im on week 2 now - Did the Speed 1.0 workout tonight with the music louder. Its the first day where I feel this workout has 'clicked' with me. I have found my feet and I could keep up - Yes! I can do this :smiley:
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Whew....really wasn't feeling it today, was just exhausted! I didn't think I was gonna get to any workout today, but I know I have to work late tomorrow so I already might have to make up tomorrow so didn't want to have to be in the hole 3 workouts.

I rallied!!! I did Dynamic Core and went ahead and did Speed 2.0 to get some cardio in, since dynamic core isn't heavy on the cardio. Now I just have to do Ript Circuit either tomorrow or Saturday and then I'm done with Beta. I'm happy that I never have to do Speed 2.0 again (lol unless I end up doing T25 again once I complete Gamma).

I've got some energy now, glad I made myself workout.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @kerrimeng4 I use 5lbs in each hand and started at 2.5lbs.. I may go higher if I do it again but this works perfect for me I feel the burn towards end of exercises and I can still move my arms the next day. I'm not sure what @chookywillow is saying about superman weights and stuff unless that's gamma as you don't hold weights the whole way through and only use them on certain exercises as not to burn out as it's very well put together. I suppose you could use them for everything though if you wanted more work.

@motivatedsister woohoo way to kick some *kitten*! I felt the same for a few days I have muay thai tonight but will only do an hr as friend is down and we're doing cocktails.. I may do extra workouts sat/sun to make up for the sugar filled calories I intend on gobbling down tonight! It's nice to actually go out and enjoy myself and now I have a few nice things that fit again! I did the upper focus and dynamic core yesterday because I always dread the speed 2.0 too.. but now I have that one today (oh no) AND muay thai (which is basically like stacking 2-3 t25s) and I'm dreading it ahaha!! Atleast it will be done for the week really hoping I don't have it on last week and the bigger the burn I get today the better. My weight keeps dropping at the moment and I'm hoping it's not muscle mass and just an added burn from how hot it is!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    First week of Gamma is (almost) in the books! I just need to do my 2nd Friday workout because I only did one yesterday. There are 2 different calendars for Gamma... Pure Gamma is strictly Gamma workouts and there is only 1 workout on Fridays. Gamma Hybrid is mostly Gamma workouts with some Alpha and Beta workouts mixed in and double Fridays. I chose to go with Hybrid because I feel like it's more comprehensive and works more muscle groups. So yesterday was Total Body Circuit from Alpha (I still can't "nail" that one) and today is Speed 3.0 again. I don't remember much about it from Monday except that I don't like it (haha) and it has a TON of burpees. Ugh. The other workouts are good as they all incorporate weights. Someone nentioned using weights during Supermans and yeah, that happens in Gamma. I normally like Supermans (they make me feel strong because I can actually do them, haha) but add in weights and it's a whole different story. I need to use lighter weights (3 lb) for those next time. In general, I use 8 or 5 lb weights depending on the exercise.