Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Got cardio done yesterday and lower focus + ab intervals done tonight. I thought I was not going to get all of the workouts in this week,but somehow I did. Just a stretch tomorrow morning and I am done for the week. I think my least favorite workout is lower focus, just find it a bit dull compared to the others. Have a nice Sunday everyone!
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Blessed_Mommy86 what a brilliant start to Gamma you have had! I looked at calendar today as I am on my last week of t25 beta. I saw speed 3.0 *gulp* I'm terrified! It's really interesting to see your doing hybrid first. I will be doing pure gamma to get stringer and lose more weight as I havnt achieved results I want from Alpha and beta, then I will move into the hybrid for strength and to mix up everything together.. I probably will repeat that twice through. It's funny about three superman as I can do them really well too not sure about weighted though! Sounds like gamma is going to get me to where I want to be.. weights and burpees my nemesis. Kind of got me excited because I hate them but I know they work.

@supersimonesquirrel way to push through another week down!! Isn't it a fab feeling to get to Sunday and know that's one less week you don't have to worry about.. before you know it it's 9weeks down and your wondering where to go next. Enjoy your well deserved Sunday too!

Looking forward to starting my last week of Beta next week and having my Tuesday weigh in. Had alot to drink on Friday night but surprisingly woke up one kg lighter.. I'm sure that will creep back on today though. Didn't fit in an extra workout yesterday I was too hungover and feeling sorry for myself. Today I got up earlier and tried doing some basic things we do in Thai warmup.. I cannot physically do one sit up and it's got me so down and embarrassed I'm not sure what wrong as my abs are strong.. I will keep trying where I barely lift shoulders off floor but maybe one day years from now it will get higher and higher who knows.
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sorry to confuse. it is gamma that has weighted burpee and superman. I mix them all up now so frequently forget what I'm doing. I did pyramid from gamma and the bonus core speed today. really enjoyed them. good ones to pair. managed the pyramid with 5kg weights too. put one down for over head triceps. but its a while since it done it and used 3s lasttime . nice to have proof I am getting stronger.core speed is so much one fun than speed 2.0 one armed burpee are never going to happen though!Shaun can carry on without me on that one. I will stick with 2 legs. do you do a Thai class Rachel or a DVD? be interested to know more. we are having new boiler and pipes this week. so the house will be a bomb site with boards up and no shower . not sure how much exercise I am going to manage. happy weekend everyone. x
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Ok so my earlier message didn't send properly.

Just finished my weeks T25 (ended with TBC) and I'm feeling good.

Most of you are further ahead than me (I'm week 3 alpha) but I'm enjoying it so far. Since I started this I've also made diet/lifestyle changes. I'm eating clean, I've cut alcohol and I'm working hard.

This morning I woke up and felt awesome. No hangover lol and my body felt achey and tight haha.

It's good!

I love that feeling of just feeling good and knowing my body is changing.

@Rachelriley87 don't feel embarrassed about anything. As I said earlier today, fitness is about beating your best not anyone elses. Your trying your hardest and doing your best and I love that your fighting through, trying to find a resolution. I wish I could help, I'd say perhaps the technique or trying variations of crunches but it sounds like a problem you need to see a doctor about. I've got no doubt that when you get it sorted you will be flying. Just stay motivated and keep working hard
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    That's the second time I've wrote a message and it's cut it off???

Basically everyone have a good week and keep pushing haha.

FOCUS
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!

As expected didn't get in any workouts on Friday due to work, I managed to get to Body Pump on Saturday morning...but with a lot of errands to run I wasn't able to get in my last T25 workout. So I just did my final Beta workout today Ript Circuit. Beta is done!!!! I'm gonna take measurements and weigh in today since I haven't updated that in awhile, and see the progress through Beta.

I'm excited and nervous to start Gamma tomorrow. I took a peek at the calendar and I'm sad it starts with Speed 3.0. Lol given how much I hated Speed 2.0 I'm not looking forward to doing the next level Speed workout. And after reading @Blessed_Mommy86 's comments about it...I'm even more scared; lol death to burpees. I don't have the Gamma Hybrid calendar, so I'm just doing pure Gamma.

Question for those on Gamma or that have done it before...I noticed that there are not two workouts down for Friday on the calendar. It says at the top that Friday is Double Day, but only one is listed...are you supposed to just pick any workout from T25? Are you supposed to do the Friday workout twice back to back? Am I missing something?
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have my 6 week post-op check up tomorrow and hopefully be cleared to restart Focus T-25 again in the evening. I tried weightlifting at the gym today but ended up with abdominal swelling pretty bad from the Stronglifts 5x5 which uses the core muscles more than I'm able to right now. I think Focus T-25 is a better place to start back with since only being aloud to walk for the past 6 weeks. Although I was able to run for short periods of time this past week so T-25 shouldn't be an issue now. I'll just have to modify the core work sections for awhile. I can't wait till tomorrow!! :)
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @chookywillow goodluck with housework renovation. What will you do without a shower oh no! The Muay Thai I goto is a professional club, there are lots of classes for all kinds of training.. then weights and other things you never know what your be doing except pad work is usually a given one to one kicking and punch bags and skipping usually for atleast an hr with other plyometric stuff chucked in. Gamma is sounding really scary but also like it's going to be a great challenge for me. I'm excited and scared to finish up this week. Do you like speed 3.0?

Thanks @silberbulletsuk :) also if your sentences are getting cut off it could be because you try and put a smiley face or emotion in the sentence that happened to me on my phone when I started using the boards! Well done on completing week 3 your half way through alpha fantastic!

@motivatedsister goodluck with the stats day! Well done one on completing Beta I'm right behind you this week.. it's nice to have someone one week ahead as I get an update just before I myself have to struggle through the same things! I also dread speed 2.0 I have it at the end of the week probably to prepare me for speed 3.0 but doing one after the other even with a weekend off makes me scared and dread it even more.. I'm not looking forward to it but you never know we might prefer it to speed 2.0.
    Really good question about double day.. on the hybrid there are 2 doubles on the Friday on pure gamma there's not and it's 4 weeks not 5. I don't think you should double but you could find you felt upto it.. I was looking and thinking about adding upper focus as it has nothing like that or lower focus but maybe the dvds are more all around focused?!

@fitphillygirl goodluck hun! It's quite orientated around core in most dvds so maybe you need to single out a few that arnt so much. Maybe lower and upper focus?! Maybe some from gamma too just to ensure your good to go?! Be safe and keep us updated whatever you decide to do.

• chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    hi Rachel I really like gamma. love the weights. speed 3.0 is a challenge. lots of burpees. including burpee push up Jack which I cant do so just do a burpee push up. because there are so many types of burpee interspersed I do feel it goes quicker than speed 2.0.

how did you find speed 3.0 motivated sister?

hope you find something to suit fit Philly girl. sounds like you might need a bit longer to heal though. could you just walk for couple more weeks and maybe watch and walk through t25 so when you start properly you will know the routine? look after yourself.
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Thanks Rachel! I guess I'll see if there's any workout I like this week and I'll do that in addition on Friday. If I'm dying on all Gamma workouts lol, then I guess I'll just pick something from either Alpha or Beta to do for my second workout.

@chookywillow I start today, so I will do Speed 3.0 this afternoon. I'll let you guys know how it goes!
  • cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Just checking in! Week 3 of Beta started today :)
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Been off all last week as my grandma came to stay with me for the week. Im back at it with Beta week 4.
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    OMG WTF just happened??!?! So....you guys didn't give me enough warning about Speed 3.0! The good news, the workout went by really fast...the bad news lol, I definitely jogged in a place quite often. Ok quite often doesn't even express how often I was just staring at the screen like WTF! Despite how many moves I just didn't do, per my Fitbit I still burned about 260 calories.

My head was pounding so maybe this wasn't the best day to start Gamma, but I wanted to just try and push through and stay on track. But there were soooooooo many burpee related moves that all the up-down stuff really wasn't good for my head. I think if I didn't have the headache I wouldn't have completely given up on some of the burpee moves. Like Speed 2.0 it's 2 rounds, and in round 2 almost every other move has a burpee in it lol so you do the math on how much of the workout I actually did.

Oh and surprise Tanya isn't modifying in this workout! I thought maybe there is no modifier in Gamma, but the next workout came on and she was modifying on that one. I guess with all the burpee stuff there really is no way to modify this workout.

Despite how much that workout just sucked, I can honestly say I'm looking forward to the day when I can say I nailed this one. It is super tough! I do it again on Friday so hopefully no headache, and I won't be in such shell shock that it won't be nearly as bad as today.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello all :smile: New week - week 3 already. Total body circuit done, really pushed myself hard today and my fitbit gave me a burn of 407 including cooldown! What a workout. I should really check out what beta has in store but I don't want to scare myself too much haha.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    After talking with my surgeon about doing T-25's full program, I've decided to put it on hold until the Fall when I can do the whole program without the modifier. For now I'm going to restart my StrongLifts 5x5 program at the gym along with a few other workouts mixed in until my core muscles heal more and I don't have to worry about an injury that would require more surgery down the road. I think there are a few T-25 workouts that I can do once or twice a week to build myself back up again.
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Haha @motivatedsister, my sentiments exactly. Speed 3.0 is crazy. Like you said, all the up and down motion took a toll on me and I felt a little sick. I did Speed 3.0 again on Friday and I still hated it so I think I'm going to nix it from my routine. I will replace it with some other cardio video.
  • kerrimeng4
    kerrimeng4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last week of Alpha and debating whether or not to do Alpha again to build up my endurance and get stronger for Beta. I feel like I'm just starting to be able to do the workouts mostly full out without Tania. Has anyone redone Alpha before going to Beta, or I might do another week or two before moving on. I'm definitely losing inches but my weight is going nowhere. I've lost 4 pounds for the whole 5 weeks, grants I really don't feel like I need to lose much but j just feel like I'm already hitting a plateau and I wasn't prepared for that to happen this soon. I've been under calories for the most part every day aside from the occasional weekend but I guess could be eating some cleaner calories. I guess just looking for some motivation or words of wisdom. Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did Alpha for several months before I moved to Beta and never regretted it. I'm on to Gamma now and can't seem to finish a whole week. However, I'm also running one day a week and see a trainer twice a week to, so that's understandable.

The program itself is great. Continue on at your own rate, there's no one size fits all.
  • kerrimeng4
    kerrimeng4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @jeichelb83! I think I'm going to continue Alpha for a few more weeks and try and build my endurance up. I'm scared to death of Gamma, lol