New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    On sale and a coupon so I bought these

picture0815151341_4.jpg?w=561&h=423

Wow. Extremely impressed. Very tasty. Will have to try other flavors!

ive been wanting to try this for so long but i was afriad it would have a artificial sugar taste.. something i cant stand at all.... which means i miss out on hundreds of awesome yogurt flavors :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

ive been wanting to try this for so long but i was afriad it would have a artificial sugar taste.. something i cant stand at all.... which means i miss out on hundreds of awesome yogurt flavors :(

I hate artificial sweeteners too. They use sugar alcohols... it tasted completely fine to me. I just hope I don't end up in the bathroom the rest of the day (I might have eaten two).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

I hate artificial sweeteners too. They use sugar alcohols... it tasted completely fine to me. I just hope I don't end up in the bathroom the rest of the day (I might have eaten two).

I'm all for portion controlled ice cream (don't ask my pints of Halo Top about that tho). Where does the fiber come from?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I'm all for portion controlled ice cream (don't ask my pints of Halo Top about that tho). Where does the fiber come from?

Soluble corn fiber.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    BUp bars = yuck! Unfortunately, I bought one of every flavor. Tried sugar cookie and will dump the rest in the break room tomorrow.
  • glassyo
    Options

Soluble corn fiber.

I was crossing my fingers it wasn't chicory root. :)
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options

I love these and think this is the best flavor of what I've tried (peanut butter and the chocolate). The caramel swirl has a nice texture.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    BUp bars = yuck! Unfortunately, I bought one of every flavor. Tried sugar cookie and will dump the rest in the break room tomorrow.

Sugar cookie is one of the worst flavours... I suggest trying the PB or cinnamon roll before deciding. IMO the chocolate cookie dough is gross too.
  • fishshark
    Options

good to know... and thanks for the sugar alcohol warning. I love all things caramel and i could take down a few of those haha.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    k2-_43b92e4f-39e9-475a-8fd4-9c1607e13e88.v1.jpg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450

I tried these this weekend as wraps for my breakfast burritos. They are pretty soft and flexible out of the bag, but don't try to warm up before using. I turned one of them into a frisbee and it was only on the griddle not even long enough to have any other evidence of cooking. If you just wrap them cold though and throw in the microwave filled, they are fine. I ate them for breakfast and dinner on Saturday, I liked the total meal so much. You can't argue with 50 cals a wrap. I think that is the lowest I have seen so far. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. $4 for 8 wraps is...yeah...
  • CrabNebula
    edited June 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    img_0287_1.jpg

My husband and I saw this (buffalo milk butter) at a supermarket in Italy and tried it out. It is SO GOOD. I'm not sure where in the US we could buy it. I've never seen it, though I've never obviously looked either. But man, it tastes gd delicious melted on bread, particularly with bresaola.
    How did you bring this home? I'm going to Italy for a few days and definitely want to bring some good stuff.

We didn't take it back to the States. Our second leg of our trip was in Germany. I think if I were to bring it back, I'd freeze it, wrap it in aluminum foil, put in one of those insulated bags, and hope that my luggage didn't get delayed. I tried to do this with some skyr because I can't, for the life of me, find anyone here who sells just plain skyr, but our luggage did not make it on the last plane and was delayed to us by about 36 hours. Since I am only using it for culture, it *seems* fine, but obviously, the situation is not ideal.

Todis is a cheap and good supermarket. It is where we bought the butter. We went to one just outside of Rome that had pizzas (folded up) in the bakery section and they were incredibly good. We went back and bought more and regretted not buying more. Oddly enough, that was by far the best pizza we ate in Italy. We were pretty disappointed in the restaurants we went to. Best food overall was just local or regional things we bought at supermarkets or from stands and ate the hotel.
    Ahh, I don't trust that my luggage would survive. Thanks.

Just an update, but my culture did survive the ride! I made my second batch of Instant Pot skyr yesterday with it.

Interesting thing is when you open the lid, it looks basically the same as any other yogurt I have made, but it is slightly more solid, something like an intermediary stage between regular yogurt and strained Greek yogurt. It also behaves slightly different when spooned out of the pot. The solid portion is far less likely to melt back into the whey when cut into. It reminds me of making cheese and I guess this is part of the reason skyr actually is considered cheese instead of yogurt. Anyway, I am very happy with my skyr and hope to get many batches from the original culture, though I really hope they start selling simple plain skyr in my area so I have a back up just in case! All I can find right now is flavored. :angry:

organic-better-body-foods-pb-fit-peanut-butter-powder-30-oz-850g-organic-gf-d83c010d4914bf6fe3a60b61d6f19fad.jpg

I saw this at Costco and picked some up. It is incredible. I mixed into some vanilla bean ice cream on Friday and it was like the heavens had opened up. Even my husband who is not the biggest fan of peanut butter in general admitted that it was pretty tasty.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    k2-_43b92e4f-39e9-475a-8fd4-9c1607e13e88.v1.jpg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450

I tried these this weekend as wraps for my breakfast burritos. They are pretty soft and flexible out of the bag, but don't try to warm up before using. I turned one of them into a frisbee and it was only on the griddle not even long enough to have any other evidence of cooking. If you just wrap them cold though and throw in the microwave filled, they are fine. I ate them for breakfast and dinner on Saturday, I liked the total meal so much. You can't argue with 50 cals a wrap. I think that is the lowest I have seen so far. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. $4 for 8 wraps is...yeah...

I had these too and thought they were awesome!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    img_0287_1.jpg

My husband and I saw this (buffalo milk butter) at a supermarket in Italy and tried it out. It is SO GOOD. I'm not sure where in the US we could buy it. I've never seen it, though I've never obviously looked either. But man, it tastes gd delicious melted on bread, particularly with bresaola.
    How did you bring this home? I'm going to Italy for a few days and definitely want to bring some good stuff.

We didn't take it back to the States. Our second leg of our trip was in Germany. I think if I were to bring it back, I'd freeze it, wrap it in aluminum foil, put in one of those insulated bags, and hope that my luggage didn't get delayed. I tried to do this with some skyr because I can't, for the life of me, find anyone here who sells just plain skyr, but our luggage did not make it on the last plane and was delayed to us by about 36 hours. Since I am only using it for culture, it *seems* fine, but obviously, the situation is not ideal.

Todis is a cheap and good supermarket. It is where we bought the butter. We went to one just outside of Rome that had pizzas (folded up) in the bakery section and they were incredibly good. We went back and bought more and regretted not buying more. Oddly enough, that was by far the best pizza we ate in Italy. We were pretty disappointed in the restaurants we went to. Best food overall was just local or regional things we bought at supermarkets or from stands and ate the hotel.

Just an update, but my culture did survive the ride! I made my second batch of Instant Pot skyr yesterday with it.

Interesting thing is when you open the lid, it looks basically the same as any other yogurt I have made, but it is slightly more solid, something like an intermediary stage between regular yogurt and strained Greek yogurt. It also behaves slightly different when spooned out of the pot. The solid portion is far less likely to melt back into the whey when cut into. It reminds me of making cheese and I guess this is part of the reason skyr actually is considered cheese instead of yogurt. Anyway, I am very happy with my skyr and hope to get many batches from the original culture, though I really hope they start selling simple plain skyr in my area so I have a back up just in case! All I can find right now is flavored. :angry:
    Cool! I really need to buy a pressure cooker man.

I do not recommend Ole's spinach flavor. :s

• CrabNebula
    Options
    img_0287_1.jpg

Cool! I really need to buy a pressure cooker man.

I do not recommend Ole's spinach flavor. :s

You can pry my Instant Pot from my cold dead hands! It is awesome!

I almost bought the spinach ones, but I decided I wanted the option of putting Nutella on it as a roll up. Looks like I dodged a bullet. Thanks for the heads up. :sunglasses:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    img_0287_1.jpg

organic-better-body-foods-pb-fit-peanut-butter-powder-30-oz-850g-organic-gf-d83c010d4914bf6fe3a60b61d6f19fad.jpg

I saw this at Costco and picked some up. It is incredible. I mixed into some vanilla bean ice cream on Friday and it was like the heavens had opened up. Even my husband who is not the biggest fan of peanut butter in general admitted that it was pretty tasty.

Definitely like this one as much as PB2. Don't really care for the Peanut Butter & Co. Vanilla Powdered or Jif's version yuck!

Will have to remember to try the PBFit on ice cream the next time I buy it.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Soluble corn fiber.

Chicory root is half the fun
  • glassyo
    Options

Soluble corn fiber.

Chicory root is half the fun

Yeah yeah :)
  • fishshark
    Options
    akm50yepziz5.jpg
    after trying the angelic bakehouse wraps I wanted to try these! They are actual pizza size (depending on your size of pizza) and its 110 calories for half the crust. Really good, I like this companies stuff.
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    akm50yepziz5.jpg
    after trying the angelic bakehouse wraps I wanted to try these! They are actual pizza size (depending on your size of pizza) and its 110 calories for half the crust. Really good, I like this companies stuff.

I was reading the nutrition facts and it says its 110 calories for 1/4 of the crust.
    So the whole pizza crust is 440 calories / 12g fat / 16g protein / 72 carbs.
    I'm still interested in trying it though. Any excuse for pizza.
  • fishshark
    edited June 2016
    Options
    akm50yepziz5.jpg

I was reading the nutrition facts and it says its 110 calories for 1/4 of the crust.
    So the whole pizza crust is 440 calories / 12g fat / 16g protein / 72 carbs.
    I'm still interested in trying it though. Any excuse for pizza.

yea i read that wrong lol! the regular wraps are a ok size for 100 cals. I made pizza with those too. the pizza size is pretty good.

edit- they taste good, have a good texture with good ingredients. Although i prefer white olain ol tortillas and pizza crust haha... duh!