Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm really scared of Gamma and speed 3.0! Having a bad few days, this week is not going so grand but only 4 workouts and 10weeks are up. I'm bloated and tired this week and meant to have had Tom.. but for some strange reasons I'm getting all the cramping and crap and no period!! It's horrible. I may not goto muay thai tonight but atleast I managed core cardio feel poorly and gave it my all. Not sure if I'll do weigh in at gym today. I decided to eat a big lunch and rest for now as I want to be on top for for t25 this week and next aswell as for work, my clients rely on that!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Weekly weigh in update.. gone up body fat % and weight and muscle mass. Weighed in after a big lunch at a different time of day and still waiting on Tom. All as expected. If anyone wants a break down of comparison for week 9 let me know.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Rachel...feel better!

@kerrimeng4 I would do what's best for you. I will say that a lot of moves from Alpha repeat in Beta, so don't be scared!

Today was awesome!!! I did Rip't Up and aside from weighted supermans/rocketmans I thought the workout was a piece of cake. I used 5 lbs and for most exercises I thought it was just right, some I feel I need to buy a heavier set, and for the supermans/rocketmans I think I need a lighter set.

Since I wasn't tired I went ahead and did Wednesday's workout - Extreme Circuit. I thought this one was easy as well. There were a few burpees in this one and some tough push up type moves, but once I'm able to master those perfectly I'll be able to say I nailed this workout!

I do BodyPump at the gym about 3 times a week...so I think that's why both of these workouts were easy for me. In order to make it challenging as I go through the rest of Gamma I'm definitely gonna have to purchase some heavier weights.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Well done @motivatedsister making me look more forward to Gamma. Sounds fantastic progress with weights I'm thinking about buying some higher too now just for when the time comes that I will need them for now 5lb works for everything I need. I also have random kettle bells no idea why.. found them when I was clearing out stuff!! Hurrah!!

As for poorly it's getting worse I may goto doctors next week if it's not clearer upmarket did Rip't circuit today and last 5mins it started again (huge pain and cramping in my pelvis area). It's really annoying me it's still hurting now but not as much. Feel like it's going to stop my progress but maybe it is progress happening maybe I'm strengthening something. More concerned when it's a sharp stabbing pain. For now I'll crack on and wait awhile.

• supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon - I had to take a rest day yesterday due to cramps and exhaustion. Always seems to get me for a couple of days a month. The joys of being a female! Going to attack speed 1.0 but may have to modify as I go tonight.
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Glad I did a double yesterday...meeting ran late, so just barely made it to my normal Wednesday class at the gym. No T25 today...back at it tomorrow!
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I decided to go backwards and do alpha phase TBC-Oh the pikes and pushups. I think the Beta ones are easier. I think I will mix it up with speed tomorrow! I love those!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Today was Gamma - The Pyramid...and gotta say this is the first workout in the whole program that I hate. And not hate because I'm dying like Speed 3.0 or Speed 2.0, I still appreciate those because I know I'm getting a workout and if I keep at it one day I'll nail it! But The Pyramid is just completely awkward and I'm just not feeling it!

The moves aren't hard or anything, it's just because his workouts don't necessarily follow the beat of the music that the tempo is awkward while trying to actually keep count of moves (6-5-4-3-2-1....etc. lol you get it right). And because he's trying to cram it all inside the 25 minutes sometimes he's having you speed up during moves that you really should take your time whereas other times he's having you drag out a move because the time for that segment isn't over yet. It would be a much better workout if he timed it out with the music so that it flows right. He would have been better off leaving it the way the other workouts are where you just do the move until the time segment is up, and forgotten about the whole "pyramid" thing. I'll stick with it though.

I also did Speed 3.0 (Friday's workout). It was much better than Monday. I managed to at least do 1-2 burpee type moves whenever they popped up versus just standing still. Still a long way to go!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Feels so strange that 10weeks have gone by so fast after thinking at the start it was slow and not wondering if i would manage to stick it out. So proud i have but so much to redo and improve on after gamma and gamma hybrid. There were times I didn't want to do one workout or 2 but I just did it or I moved it to weekend but I always managed to get the week done. Glad I got Gamma as I wouldn't know where to go from here. Gamma then Gamma hybrid to refresh me and let me work out where I need most improvement still.. as it uses all dvds I may end up doing it a couple of times through instead of repeating alpha and beta.

Thanks @supersimonesquirrel I actually came on yesterday so I'm relieved better late then never. Always get it bad for a couple of days but this is a whole new level. My scale weight keeps dropping suddenly from nowhere too. I'm super tired the last few days I don't think I'll double up this last week and spread it out instead over the weekend. I'm curled in a ball right now and have maxed out on tablets. I'm going to wait a bit before I do the workout today.. might try and get the speed one out of the way to make work easier tomorrow!

@Enjcg5 nice to see someone loving the speed discs! I think alot of cardio is my weakness I remember loving speed 1.0 as there were stretching segments that fit in with my cardiovascular fitness so well. I also found Beta to be easier although still hard.. now towards end of Beta it's getting harder but I guess it's because I'm able to push through a bit more each day. I loved tbc because it was so challenging I can't wait to Gamma Hybrid where I'll be able to see if I improved or can nail any of them now.

@motivatedsister can you put on your own music for the dvd? I don't notice music ever really because I'm so focused on getting my body parts tight and coordinated I guess I'm lucky that way. Maybe it'll come together the next time you try it?! I look forward to having ago at this sounds interesting as I find alot of the moves in general awkward or even undo able like very sit ups I can literally only hold about 4 seconds before my knees tremble and stomach gives up! Which dvd would you compare the pyramid to is it cardio or ab/core or more of the circuit type? Nice to see progress with the burgers I tend to find if I can't do it I'll do just the basic move of what there doing to improve that or if I run out of steam on that I do a couple modified from what I remember tania doing originally.

• motivatedsister
    Options
    The pyramid is definitely more of a weight- lifting circuit....very little cardio. There's honestly really no comparison; this workout really isn't like any other workout in T25 in my opinion. Again it's not the moves, some you will have seen in previous workouts and are easy, it's just the whole way the workout is laid out. The premise is good...but it's not executed well.

For example take the deadlift-hammer curl move and say you have a 6 layered pyramid to do in 1 minute...it'll be like okay keep good form, uh oh times going by and we're still only on the 3rd layer of the pyramid, so okay guys speed up, uh oh we're on the 5th layer of pyramid and have more time than I thought, so okay guys let's slow down.

Lol I don't know...maybe it's just me! You'll have to tell me what you think of it.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    I want to try it now @motivatedsister will definitely let you know when I get there my thoughts! Usually there is a good reason why he does everything.. slowing up and then speed in weight is called something then you slow again a trainer at our mma studio uses it.. maybe that's what he's doing haha!! I'm looking forward to this one now especially as you said no cardio haha!! X
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Got lower focus done yesterday and just finished cardio today. Struggling with tummy cramps and having to modify and grab water breaks. Double day tomorrow and then hopefully I can give my all next week. Week 4 sneaking up already. I am going to order gamma - T25 is my fave workout that I have tried :smiley:
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Since they don't say what you should do for double day, I chose to do Ript Up again. I probably won't make my Saturday morning BodyPump class so figured I would get a more weight-lifting type workout in.

First week of Gamma done!
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    hi everyone happy Saturday.
    I have been mixing it up a bit this week. done a couple of cize routines. and a couple p90×3. really enjoyed both of them. very different to t25. I did the pyramid and core cardio today. motivated sister I feel the same about the pyramid so ignore his counting and just do what I can in the minute. I think I only got to 5 push ups today. no way I can keep up with them. I do enjoy the mix of movements. except for 1 arm burpee! a friend is doing p90x3 so lent me some DVDs that she won't be using for a while yet. a couple were impossible! but most were achievable and I really enjoyed the change of instructor approach. there are lots of moments to get your breath back too. has any one done the whole programme? Rachel and Simone I love gamma. love the weights. I often double up a gamma weight one and speed 1.0 so I get a bit of everything. without needing to collapse! what other DVDs have you all tried and recommend?
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi, glad to hear you're enjoying.

I'm currently doing p90x3 alongside my T25.

There are some very good workouts in that programme and I love how you can tailor the programme to your goals (im following the lean cycle).

I've done odd videos before but this is the first time I'm actually following the programme
  • chookywillow
    Options
    I'm wondering about getting p90x3. I have now done acceleration and deceleration. really liked them. could only laugh at the crane push ups and donkey kicks though! cant imagine ever managing them. It feels like doing both alongside each other is a good mix of approaches. I may just invest in it. wondering if his ten minute trainer may be similar as that is only £20. do you know anything about it?
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah donkey kicks are ridiculous. I really like the accelerator workout.

The majority of p90x is weights based but as I said before you can pick your schedule so you achieve your goals. There are ones to gain mass, a classic circuit and others.

The 10 minute trainer is more to get a base level of fitness like for someone who hasn't worked out in a while. If your contemplating doing a T25/P90x3 hybrid then it's probably not for you.

Feel free to add me (that goes for anyone). I normally post about my near death experiences after my sessions lol.

T25

I've just finished the lower focus session........ just need to crawl to the kitchen now.
  • chookywillow
    Options
    think ill get the whole thing then. I like how the jumping is much more controlled and thought about than t25. rather than constant bashing! my joints aren't keen. can you do the crane push ups. seems to defy gravity! I am pretty sure I have done donkey kicks in insanity but not like Tony wants them! I do have to modify all pull up bar things to weights. I have a band for the door. but when I went to try to fit it I realised my 100 year old doors in my 100 year old house don't actually shut. so that is not going to work to well! unless I want to launch myself into orbit.
    do you have pull up bar? I am also a bit sceptical of the yoga and Pilates discs how do you find them?
    obviously still love Shaun and t 25 think I have room in my life for Tony too.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @supersimonesquirrel this is my favorite workout too, so much more doable for me then longer dvds, I'm also going to give my all next week as I felt pants this week and like you had several cramping moments and energy drained. I remember lower focus being crazy aswell! Well done getting two hard dvds out of the way!

@chookywillow your so dedicated it's amazing I only have friends who did insanity and piyo and they said piyo was amazing. Insanity is hard and I tried also it's what I will progress too but also alot of jumping so no fun for joints. I'd love to know more about dvds and lengths etc that your trying and if they are beginner or more advanced as I can't do half the moves in t25 and when I finish gamma that I start next week and then hybrid I will redo and try not to modify anything even if I only do a few seconds of none modified I feel ill progress even further this way then doing a dvd I can actually do all the movements of that way I'm not just doing the motions.

@silverbulletsuk what is the lean cycle? It's so impressive how much your able to fit into your day and following the programme as it's laid out. I won't be able to do more than one into I nail a certain amount of strength fitness goals but I'm okay with that and I'm okay with slowly building muscle and strength and slimming down without the weight loss (for now) my goals changed half way through to fit this programme and my fitness goals the rest can wait for now. I live your status updates they always give me motivation! Onwards and upwards! Yeehar!

Got my last workout of Beta today to do and alot of other things to do in the house and shopping etc. I changed up this week as being poorly so I didn't do double on Friday (I took as a well needed rest day and no muay thai this week) and I did one of the doubles yest. And will do one today before the start of Gamma on Monday. It works out nicely for me this way and I still managed to complete the whole 10weeks what an achievement so far. Really didn't think I'd be saying this after 10weeks but everyone on this board has helped me achieve my goals. Now I have new goals and targets and I'm not ready to move on from t25 just improve into I nail it enough to try something new.

Well done on completing your week guys! Let's hope next week we each improve and can say we got another week down!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 Congrats on finishing the first 10 weeks of T25! You should be proud of yourself for sticking with the program for so long! Good luck with Gamma! I think you will enjoy it. Let us know what you think of Speed 3.0 though! :#

I'm halfway through the Gamma phase since it is only 4 weeks long. I think I'm finally starting to get burnt out/bored with this program. I'm going to push myself to complete the next 2 weeks so that I can proudly say that I completed the entire program. Then it's on to Master's Hammer and Chisel! I just got it in the mail yesterday. Excited to try it because I think it is more focused on weight lifting and really gets you toned. I'll let you guys know how I like it once I get started. :)