June (2016) Running Challenge

Replies

• str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited June 2016
    Doggie update - I talked to animal control and they talked to the owner. He was told to keep it on his property, like you said @5beautifuldays now that he knows how to get out he will continue to get out (just like the past weeks). So my only option is this.... every time I see the dog to call the sheriff's department and then start a "dog at large" case, then take that case to the warrant magistrate and have a warrant put out for the owners arrest. I said to her "really so he can kill me in my sleep?". So now I have a kid who is scared to walk or run on her route and I can't walk my dog around a neighborhood that I pay taxes to live in while this rent paying non tax paying jack off has a dog that wants to kill my dog. Her other advice...carry a gun and use it. God Bless the South.

Crazy that the one attack doesn't warrant putting the dog down or relocating it.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Doggie update - I talked to animal control and they talked to the owner. He was told to keep it on his property, like you said @5beautifuldays now that he knows how to get out he will continue to get out (just like the past weeks). So my only option is this.... every time I see the dog to call the sheriff's department and then start a "dog at large" case, then take that case to the warrant magistrate and have a warrant put out for the owners arrest. I said to her "really so he can kill me in my sleep?". So now I have a kid who is scared to walk or run on her route and I can't walk my dog around a neighborhood that I pay taxes to live in while this rent paying non tax paying jack off has a dog that wants to kill my dog. Her other advice...carry a gun and use it. God Bless the South.

Crazy that the one attack doesn't warrant putting the dog down or relocating it.

Honestly he wasn't just running around he ATTACKED US. I'm so freaking mad right now.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited June 2016
    @skippygirlsmom I'm so sorry to hear about what happened! If that had happened to me, there's about a 30% chance that dog would have died of acute lead poisoning right on the spot!

People who do't control their dogs are as much of a menace as the dogs themselves! I'm so glad all ya'all are OK!
  • skippygirlsmom
    @skippygirlsmom I'm so sorry to hear about what happened! If that had happened to me, there's about a 30% chance that dog would have died of acute lead poisoning right on the spot!

People who do't control their dogs are as much of a menace as the dogs themselves! I'm so glad all ya'all are OK!

I'll take care of this little problem one way or another. I won't have my child afraid to walk around her own neighborhood because of this dog.
  • Net1968
    Net1968 Posts: 47 Member
    1st. 3
    1st. 6
    3rd. 3
    3rd. 4
    4th. 5
    6th. 4
    8th. 4
    10th. 3
    11th. 5
    13th. 4
    15th. 4
    19th. 10 (Mersey Tunnel Run)
    20th. 4

Total 59km

19th Mersey Tunnel Run Done!
    26th Race for Life
    5th July Local Hospice Colour Run

Never tried posting pictures before. If the work. One is my Strava read out the other my t-shirt, medal and goodie bag contents!
    Happy running
  • checkthestove
    checkthestove Posts: 44 Member

exercise.png

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Date Miles today. Miles for June
    6/1 5 miles - 5 << Another recovery run.
    6/2 6.5 miles - 11.5
    6/3 REST DAY (unplanned but necessary)
    6/4 13.5 miles - 25
    6/5 REST DAY
    6/6 8 miles 33
    6/6 4 miles 37 << Daily Double
    6/7 9 miles 46
    6/7 5 miles 51 << Daily Double
    6/8 6.2 miles 57.2
    6/9 9 miles 66.2
    6/10 6.2 miles 72.4
    6/11 18 miles 90.4
    6/12 REST DAY
    6/13 9 miles 99.4
    6/13 4 miles 103.4 << Daily Double
    6/14 9 miles 112.4
    6/14 4 miles 116.4 << Daily Double
    6/15 6.2 miles 122.6
    6/16 9 miles 131.6
    6/16 5 miles 136.6 << Daily Double FF Pub Run at Yellowhammer
    6/17 6.2 miles 142.8
    6/18 18 miles 160.8
    6/19 REST DAY
    6/20 9 miles 169.8
    6/20 4 miles 173.8 << Daily Double

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Re: May Goal..As Maxwell smart would say
    Missed it by that much!
    So it's June Redemption time
    In it for 55 (OH YEAH)
    • 01 - 6.9mi WORLD RUN DAY
    • 06 - 7.2mi Commute
    • 08 - 6.2mi Commute
    • 14 - 6.8mi (Flu: wid a kode in ma node)
    • 17 - 7.2mi Commute
    • 18 - 3.4mi, Spartan Super training

exercise.png

c45bf3027cad941.gif

• 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Wish I had the energy to run today but no go....I walked the treadmill. Better than nothing g they say. I feel like i'm in a funk from just eating extra over the weekend...I don't want to undo my progress. Seems like when people start to notice my weight loss is when I start to mess up and slack off.
  • skippygirlsmom
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    Wish I had the energy to run today but no go....I walked the treadmill. Better than nothing g they say. I feel like i'm in a funk from just eating extra over the weekend...I don't want to undo my progress. Seems like when people start to notice my weight loss is when I start to mess up and slack off.

One weekend won't undo your progress, get right back at it. You can do this!

• 1TheQueenB

One weekend won't undo your progress, get right back at it. You can do this!

You are absolutely right! Thanks!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member

You got this! One weekend is a speedbump and that's all. Just get back in the groove and you'll rock it
  • 1TheQueenB
    You're right! I'm working on my negative talking...I have to ignore the negative voices..just read that here on one of the more recent MFP articles
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Two miles today. My legs ache.

exercise.png

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    2.2 miles today - done in the evening when the sun was low enough to make it bearable. Tomorrow is supposed to be significantly cooler. I can't wait.

I'm setting my weekly goal at 22 miles this week.

June goal

exercise.png