40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• pgfitmom
    pgfitmom Posts: 37 Member
    Hello. I fall into the 40+ age category. :) I'm getting a fresh start on my weight loss journey. My big goals for the rest of 2016 include losing weight, exercising more and cleaning up my diet. My daughter has just gotten braces, and we are having to change our eating habits anyway. Hopefully I can use this to my advantage and make some positive changes for myself as well.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    @Beeps, hope the surgery goes well.
    @sdereski - ditto the others, at least you now may have an answer and can take positive action...that's always a positive, even if the action is a challenge.

Welcome new folks.

I'm still working on my monthly goals, but have a number of other places to post (24 hour challenge, planking challenge, June weekly weigh in challenge, and the Memorial day summer challenge), so decided to save y'all from reading the wall of text. I decided that I wanted to add in "play time" to my workouts thinking it would be fun and relatively easy...heck, playing is HARD work!! I tried swings a week ago, and playing some hopscotch today...I barely lasted 5 minutes doing either. When did playing get so tough?! Man it stinks being an adult sometimes. At least I have my paddleboarding...lol.

Happy Summer everyone!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Surgery is over. Four little incisions...one needed zero stitches and one needed four stitches. I think the others needed two stitches.

Pathology report is between 2- and 6- weeks from now.

I am fine.

BOOM!
  • gonetothedogs19
    gonetothedogs19 Posts: 325 Member
    Did I join this yet? I'm 46, I'm a mom of two kids, and I'm trying to lose weight and get healthier. I was having trouble losing any weight at all, but my doctor recommended not worrying so much about fat and increasing my protein by quite a bit, and that's been making a big difference this time around.

Your doctor is spot on. For three decades we have been demonizing fat to the point where incredibly healthy foods like avocados were feared. You have nothing to fear from fat. Fat does not make you fat.
  • cindyrollins470
    cindyrollins470 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I am 49 and trying to lose 30# so I can FEEL BETTER! I am 5'3' and 158lbs right now. Finding it hard to stay within my calorie goals without feeling hungry. Any suggestions?? My calorie goal is 1340 and I rarely come in under goal. I need help!!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Did I join this yet? I'm 46, I'm a mom of two kids, and I'm trying to lose weight and get healthier. I was having trouble losing any weight at all, but my doctor recommended not worrying so much about fat and increasing my protein by quite a bit, and that's been making a big difference this time around.

Your doctor is spot on. For three decades we have been demonizing fat to the point where incredibly healthy foods like avocados were feared. You have nothing to fear from fat. Fat does not make you fat.

Agreed. If you have Netflix check out sugarcoated. May not be 100% accurate but interesting the influence of the sugar industry in pushing that fat is bad.
  • tojo_73
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Surgery is over. Four little incisions...one needed zero stitches and one needed four stitches. I think the others needed two stitches.

I am fine.

BOOM!

Good to hear Beeps. Laproscopy is amazing.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Amazing!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "FOCUS T25 Core Speed"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Bis & Tris=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    1hr gym work done - the place was quite empty today no need to wait for anything :D
  • narak_lol
    Beeps, best wishes to a full recovery soon!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    @Beeps2011 - so good to hear surgery went well and you are FINE!
    Now the wait.....

Haven't done much of anything these past few days beside the bit of gardening I did the other night. Really need to get back on the horse. Messaged my PT asking when we can start up again. Hoping it is sooner rather than later.

Good job to those that keep on bringing it daily!
  • tojo_73
    edited June 2016
    Good week so far shoulders, bis and tris on monday, 31k bike yesterday with 500m of elevation, Kettlebells today - providence.

One month till I visit family and friends back east. I have been holding steady for the past 4 months so time to drop a bit more. 8lbs target over next four weeks.
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Speedy recovery @Beeps2011
    Yesterday was a hill HIIT run, arms, and abs. Abs are burning today.
    Headed out to get some leg work in.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

I am fine.

BOOM!

BOOM BOOM!!!!!! :)

• narak_lol
    Today was supposed to be a rest day but a last minute "let's go ride" got me, in a nice way! On the saddle 2hr 20mins, very nice ride too.
  • gam3rguy
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Legs & Back=Done! tomorrow, I slack! Saturday=
    lel813zxaojc.jpg
  • tammiesk00
    tammiesk00 Posts: 7 Member
    I am 40 almost 41. I am 57 and around 243 pounds. I would like to lose about 70-80 pounds. I am looking for a group a friend's. I usually, but not the exercise. I am a middle school teacher on summer vacation.