6/9: 6.4 miles << Thursday PUB RUN!
    6/10: Rest day finally
    6/11: 13.1 << Halfway Half (unofficial)
    6/12: 10 miles
    6/13: 6 miles with Joe2Go crew
    6/14: 6.2 miles << Group runner send off! :'(
    6/15: 5 miles
    6/16: 7 miles
    .......: 6.4 miles << Thursday group run!
    6/17: Long awaited rest day
    6/18: 10.2 miles
    6/19: 16 miles
    6/20: 6 miles
    6/21: Rest day
    6/22: 8 miles
    6/23: 7 miles << Buddy-up'd tempo run
    ........: 6.3 miles << Thursday crew run!
    6/24: Rest day!
    6/25: 18 miles!!
    6/26: 8.2 miles
    6/27: 6 miles << Joe 2 Go crew!
    6/28: 3 miles here & there
    6/29: Rest (for now!)
    6/30: 4.6 miles

A bit short of my goal this month, but for the best! I took yesterday off to let my hip feel better (and it did) and get lots of packing done (which I did), and then I only got to do part of my group run tonight due to moving difficulties. So this will be a "cutback" week, which I need, but is prompted by life stuff.

But I am now totally moved out of my old university apartment and I am moving into a 2 month house-share sublet tomorrow! Crashing at a running buddy's tonight (who lives upstairs from my old place, so half my crap is in her living room because it doesn't all fit in my little Honda Civic!) and then I get FIVE DAYS OFF to settle in to the new house. So exciting! Will hit that 200 mile marker in July no doubt! Bring it on!

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    7/9: Belmar 5 miler (Belmar, NJ)
    9/11: Lehigh Valley Via Marathon (Allentown, PA)
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon (Philly, PA)

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 that unfiltered beer, a heffeweissen?, looks great! Mmmm. No good beer here :disappointed:
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    ereck44 wrote: »
    Running goal is 50 miles for June.

6/6...8 miles
    6/12...4 miles
    6/16... 3.88 miles (rolling hills program on the treadmill)
    6/17...6 miles
    6/18...9 miles
    6/24...5.16 miles (rolling hills program on the treadmill)
    6/25....9 miles
    6/28....4.56 miles
    6/29...4 miles.
    6/30...9 miles.

Total is 62.4 miles...so met goal for June....still pretty tired on those last 3 miles. However I was at the gym for an hour prior doing squats and lunges...May increase long run to 10 miles next month. No hip soreness, thankfully. My feet felt tired.

• instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    Races :
    6/11 Run and Ride 5K Cedar Point - Done
    7/10 Debbie Hudacko 5 mile ?
    10/8 Outdoor Trail Series 5 mile #1
    11/5 Outdoor Trail Series 5 mile #2
    12/3 Outdoor Trail Series 5 mile #3
    12/11 Santa Hustle Half Marathon Cedar Point

Kind of random, but definitely running related: How was the Run and Ride 5K at Cedar Point? I'd like to run that next year if I can make it work. I am overdue for a Cedar Point visit!

It was insanely hot this year, it was my second time doing it. The 5k sold out so it was packed but overall well run with a tiered start and 1 water stop that you hit in both directions. Last year they had 450 starters, this year there was about 1800 racers just in the 5K. I will do it again next year but either do the 5k and 10k or the half. I wish they would do something like Disney does with a challenge if you do more then 1 race but still it is a good time with a great atmosphere.

Good to know. Thanks for the info! I had wanted to do it last year, but already had a vacation planned for somewhere else when I found out about it, and this year, I had wedding to attend, so I couldn't make it, either. That is crazy that it went from 450 people to 1800 in only one year!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone that made goal. Hope to see all of you in the July thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10417366/july-2016-running-challenge
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @greenolivetree -OMG, that goose photo is my worst nightmare!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    June 1- 5 miles solo plus 1.2 miles with the puppy. Also yoga.
    June 2- 5 miles hills plus 0.75 miles with the puppy
    June 3- Unplanned rest day
    June 4- 3 mile walk/ run with puppy
    June 5- 11 miles
    June 6- 1mile run with puppy
    June 7-6.4 miles hilly tempo
    June 8-4.3 miles + 0.7 miles with the puppy
    June 9- 3 miles solo+ 1 mile with the puppy
    June 10- 6 miles AM run
    June 11-4 miles
    June 12-9 miles
    June 13-Rest day
    June 14- 6 miles + 1 mile with puppy
    June 15- 5 miles
    June 16-4.5 miles
    June 17- 5 miles
    June 18-5.2 miles
    June 19-12.1 miles
    June 20- Rest day
    June 21- 7 miles fast finish + 0.6 miles with pup
    June 22- 4.5 miles AM run
    June 23- 4.8 miles + 1.1 miles with puppy
    June 24- 4.4 miles 8X1 minute hill sprints-ugh, I hate this workout!
    June 25- 11.5 miles
    June 26-rest day
    June 27- 4 easy miles
    June 28- 3 .4 miles AM+ 6 miles PM with fast finish last 2 @ 7:40,7:30
    June 29-5.3 miles AM
    June 30-5.1 miles- speed work

Last night's run was speed work. the run was supposed to be 7X2 minutes in zone 4/2 minutes zone 1. I think I ran my fast segments too fast. Ended up in zone 5 on all but the first one. Trying to figure out if this is a bad thing or not. I think the problem might be in that I never really got back to zone 1 on my recoveries. I think I need to either focus on slowing my speed segments or else walking for my recovery.

At any rate, I finished June at 156.8 miles. Since I had no real goal set, I guess I should be happy that I was able to get out there willingly most days, enjoyed most of my runs, and I got off to a really good start with my training plan for my fall half. We will see how it goes from here. See you all in the July thread!
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @greenolivetree -OMG, that goose photo is my worst nightmare!

LOL. Guess I'm used to them. I know many people are afraid. I'm scared of the white ones with the red hump/horn thing on their beak!

Nice speed workout :)
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Made it Yay! Now for 50 in July! o:)

exercise.png
  • DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    So.....local running store is doing their annual blowout sale with $40 shoes. I DO NOT NEED SHOES. :'(>:):*
    @greenolivetree lpr6wingcc5r.jpg

If only my husband agreed!

Well, you could try telling your husband that you will need new shoes at some point as you get your miles in & wear out the current ones...and since shoes are on sale now, and they don't expire or anything like fresh food would, if you do purchase them now and save them for later you're really saving money by not having to buy them at regular price when you inevitably wear out your current ones...even if you wear both the new & old ones right now you're still saving money because you're extending the life of your old shoes by not wearing them as often...

...just sayin'... :smile:
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    So.....local running store is doing their annual blowout sale with $40 shoes. I DO NOT NEED SHOES. :'(>:):*
    @greenolivetree lpr6wingcc5r.jpg

If only my husband agreed!

I am kind of that way with running socks. I like my feet to feel good, not as pricey as shoes, but still pricey (for socks). I probably buy a pair or two after every expo.
  • Net1968
    Net1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Totally missed my target this month! Totalled 85/110km! And didn't manage 6km continuously either!
    On wards and upwards!
    Happy running everyone
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @greenolivetree There's an article in this month's Runner's World that said runners who cycle shoes are less injury prone. So one pair of shoes is one doctor-ish visit, right? Seems like an inevitable expensive.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @greenolivetree There's an article in this month's Runner's World that said runners who cycle shoes are less injury prone. So one pair of shoes is one doctor-ish visit, right? Seems like an inevitable expensive.
    Just read that article...I knew there was a reason, other than compulsion, that I have 5 pairs of runners
  • krishsub
    krishsub Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this forum. I am in for 15 miles for what's left of this month.

exercise.png