28; never been on a date or had a boyfriend because of weight

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    If you asked me out I would have said yes the only girl I ever went out with was short and like 280 pounds and she looked like she didn't brush her teeth

I didn't kiss her at all because of that

Here you go! Hook it up! PM each other. :smile:
  • GobletofFlames
    GobletofFlames Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If you asked me out I would have said yes the only girl I ever went out with was short and like 280 pounds and she looked like she didn't brush her teeth

Ugh that does not sound fun :/
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    This is me before I gained 10 lb

BEdQNgr.jpg?1

You look really healthy here. Were you eating clean?

Thanks! I think I eat pretty healthy :3

So now you'll probably increase your 10 mile walks up hill to 20 mile walks, right? Will they be uphill though? And do you walk solo, or do you walk a dog? Sometimes walks are more tolerable when you bring a dog along. It might also assuage the loneliness you're feeling - poochies are so friendly.

I love the Baby Doll tee you're wearing. The bright pink actually matches that book on the table, which appears to be a food and exercise diary. Do you wear this ensemble during your walks? You might want to consider some L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipcolour in in Fearless Fuchsia to color coordinate with your tee and exercise diary. It would brighten up your appearance considerably, although I think you look just fine anyway.

Also, although the frames of your glasses match your complexion nicely in a cream tangerine palette, it might behoove you to purchase an alternate in pink - on the days when you want to accessorize with panache and true cosmopolitan flair.

ho7zarzdwfmn.png

Wasn't it a d&g shirt that she was waiting for in the mail?

It was. Navy blue with white polka dots and sheer gauze long sleeves. Chloe ring. I'm not going to go as far as to say she's low renting, because she hasn't yet admitted to appearing out in public with this get up. The shoes would be of the utmost importance considering the length of the walks. We'll have to wait and see what she says.

You are correct!
    I also seem to remember a boyfriend that asked her to stop calling him or something of that nature.

Wasn't there a stabbing? Or am I thinking of a different laundry thief watching, Burberry coat washing, makeup lover?

She stabbed her Polish boyfriend but only spent a week in jail. But I think that was because it happened in Eastern Europe. The laws are different there and she was shown lenience in exchange for her fluency in the language.

I seem to remember her getting all upset because she couldn't take her "service dog" to the gym with her. Definitely remember the D&B blouse...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

But she HAD teeth.. so I guess I don't see the problem?
  • GobletofFlames
    Options
    fYzjJn2.jpg?1

I'm the second from the left. Before I gained weight~
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Are you trolling? In another post you say you weigh between 77-90 pounds. You are way too thin and nobody would call you a pig.

Of course I'm not trolling. Maybe he meant pig as an insult, not as a reflection of my weight, or maybe he wanted me to weigh less. I'm really down today. I want a boyfriend to talk to about my day and to call me sweetheart. Is that too much to ask? I feel left out of society because other women much younger than me are married with kids and I was never given that choice. I bottle it in a lot but right now I'm angry and resentful towards life and men for not giving me a chance. They don't even know me so how can they reject me without getting to know me first? If they went on a date with me and found out I had an awful personality, OK fine, but they don't even give me a chance.

What do you do for a living Goblet? And, if you don't mind me asking, what country do you live in?

I know this is unfair, but MFP took down one of your other threads the other day. You were posting about this cute Chinese boy with tousled hair. You even put up a pic of him in jeans with no shirt on. MFP might have found it too racy and that's maybe why they deleted the thread. But you said he was a boy who was interested in you but that he thought you were fat. He also thought he was fat too, but clearly he really wasn't fat.

In fact, you said you would be happy simply holding hands with him over coffee.

Although you did mention that he wanted you to remove your tattoo.

And he was suspicious that you would not work if he were to agree to marry you. Even though you assured him you would work after marriage, plus bear his children, birth them, raise them (I mean, when you weren't at your job), do all the housekeeping, cooking, lawn mowing and minor car repairs.

He sounds like a catch.

Even though your tattoo around your upper arm is very fetching and attractive, would you consider removing it at your own expense to keep this man?

Plus, what does the tattoo say?

You ask so little, and with such endearing simplicity. And I do hope you and this boy can work things out. But if you can't - there must be a cute, nice boy out there who doesn't think you are fat who will give you a chance...

I recall he had a dog, what breed was that again? He needed shots every two hours, that I recall. Um, the dog, not the boy. I so love tousled hair, I can see how you'd find that attractive Bella. :) Between that and the lawn mowing, minor car repairs...that's quite a lot of promises though for a simple holding of hands.

I wonder if the thread was pulled because of some of the words that are no longer allowed to be used on the forums? Tousled fat puppies fetching lawn mowers & I believe car repairs is another and I recall reading about in the recent memo that was sent out.

Did I miss a memo?
  • Hearts_2015
    edited July 2016
    Options
    :
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I have a cousin who met a cute boy in a parking lot at her first day of college. He had driven 700 miles to get there, and the thing on his mind was food. He expressed his hunger. She took him to her room and fed him spaghetti. Four years later they graduated, married, started having babies and moved back to his daddy's ranch so he could manage a 40,000 acre fragment of it. When he turned 30 his daddy introduced him to his inheritance.

You never know how it will turn out if you can cook.
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You're so thin you almost look anorexic. Seriously, guys are NOT saying no because you're fat...because you're not. To even think that is ridiculous.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Cashiers are PAID to be friendly and smile. They have their preferences about who they want to date, including not ovefat women. Did he literally call you a pig, or are you making a mountain out of a molehill? Your emotionall unintelligence in calling him a hypocrite, accusing him of calling you a pig, are reasons not to date you. I've been pretty fat myself. Men were always interested.
  • GobletofFlames
    Options
    Cashiers are PAID to be friendly and smile. They have their preferences about who they want to date, including not ovefat women. Did he literally call you a pig, or are you making a mountain out of a molehill? Your emotionall unintelligence in calling him a hypocrite, accusing him of calling you a pig, are reasons not to date you. I've been pretty fat myself. Men were always interested.

Yes, he called me a pig as an insult. I don't think he is a hypocrite though as I don't know him well enough to know what his principles are other than he seemed like a friendly and polite guy before he called me a pig. That's great that men are interested in you :)
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    X_Sooner wrote: »
    Couple of things. Love is blind. That simple truth has stood the test of time because it's true. That fact won't change because of your weight but here's what might...the image we project when we aren't taking care of ourselves. READ: we don't care about ourself. So if I don't take care of me, how will I help you and be a great partner to you???

Most people have heard the saying "The only easy day was yesterday". It's the mantra of Navy SEALs...it's engraved on the top of the arch leading into the "grinder" (quarterdeck) where calisthenics are done every morning. It's a great saying. However, you don't hear much about the saying that's on the other side of the arch...and it's the one that truly applies to all of us that wish to change ourselves, physically, emotionally, and mentally.

"You don't have to love it, you just have to do it"

You walked tonight. That means you've agreed to take ownership. Don't stop, don't ever quit now. Die before you quit. You started. Never. Ever. Quit. You walk a little or you can walk a lot but don't you quit. Each day of DOING is a victory...your victory. Just. Do. It.

For you. Your body needs it for your mind and your mind needs it for your emotional health.

Everything will fall into place when you take care of you...

Awesome post @X_Sooner
  • AngelinaB_
    Options
    Are you trolling? In another post you say you weigh between 77-90 pounds. You are way too thin and nobody would call you a pig.

Of course I'm not trolling. Maybe he meant pig as an insult, not as a reflection of my weight, or maybe he wanted me to weigh less. I'm really down today. I want a boyfriend to talk to about my day and to call me sweetheart. Is that too much to ask? I feel left out of society because other women much younger than me are married with kids and I was never given that choice. I bottle it in a lot but right now I'm angry and resentful towards life and men for not giving me a chance. They don't even know me so how can they reject me without getting to know me first? If they went on a date with me and found out I had an awful personality, OK fine, but they don't even give me a chance.

You have to put yourself out there and be vulnerable, out of the 100 idiots you will meet, you will find your precious diamond. But you have to believe in yourself and remember, allow yourself to be vulnerable.

Change your attitude for a day, and relax don't take it to seriously. Guys are not to take that seriously anyway, just enjoy going out. When you meet somebody special you can take him seriously and care, not before.

I think you look very cute! Btw
  • AngelinaB_
    Options

It has everything to do with a thick skin and not letting other people's opinions define your self-image, nor down yourself over realities that are basically neutral. Embracing a "negative" term is a way to say, "that crap don't matter!"

Ok. I understand your point. But the term "fattie" itself is a diminutive of "fat", gramatically speaking. So using the term will be seen diminishing by most per definition. Not because they are hypersensitive but because that's the context of that word itself.