Jcl81 wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    threads like this are why there is so much bad information out there..

So don't read it if you disagree. Even if this is just placebo it is working for them. Move on.

ummm it is a public forum, so anyone can come in here and read it and think that apeatamin and waist trainers are a great way to gain weight and then slim off your waist....which is 100% the wrong way to do it...so yea, I am going to correct the record for lurkers and such...

Exactly a public forum. In which you don't have to read anything you don't like. It's not like they are telling people to use the products, they are just sharing what is working for them.

which also means I have the right to come in here and correct misinformation and woo woo ...

The information is not wrong if it works for them. As they are not saying the product is the cause they are just using it.

If the expectation that a waister trainer would reduce or modify fat tissue and prevent growth, then it would be wrong. If they like to wear it, thats a different story. Like i mentioned before, i would be a little worried about not utilizing your back muscles making them weak. That and having some impact on your internals.

Arguing if something works or doesn't for someone without any proof that is does or does not is childish and gives nothing to this post.

Replying by add nothing to this discussion no matter if you disagree is against the rules (aka trolling) as no one will win. So as a moderator please start enforcing the rules!

I would recommend you read and understand the rules before making such assertions. Additionally, you can feel free to explain to us "unknowledgeable" members how a piece of clothing will affect adipose fatty tissue.

If you think science is childish, that is your opinion but if someone has questions or needs an understanding how something works, then we can inform them. Maybe you shoulf also considering read the first several pages and look at the information i have provided. Not only in terms of increasing intake but decreasing the development of new fatty tissue.

You want to promise false hopes and think its supportive, thats fine as you have the right to that opinion. But that is giving someone false hope. Clothing will not prevent fat growth and supercede genetic diposition. It is not only wrong but provides false hopes to members who are trying to achieve goals.

1.This is not a debate thread, or the debate section.

2. I have read the rules and will start reporting if needs be.

3.This was a question about others using the product and their experiences. The thread topic is about Apetamin, because someone talked about a belt doesn't mean the thread gets derailed to talk about if that works or not.
  • Jcl81
    Jcl81 Posts: 154 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    double post.
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! This is hilarious and so sad. @jcl
  • stowns30
    Options
    @Jcl81 I wouldn't even waste time with it anymore... Obviously they are not willing to let it go and just agree to disagree. Some ppl are like that and that will never change. As long as Apetamin is working for those of us here that are using it WHICH IN FACT IS WHY I POSTED THIS THREAD. Nothing else matters. lol
  • stowns30
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    stowns30 wrote: »

So don't read it if you disagree. Even if this is just placebo it is working for them. Move on.

ummm it is a public forum, so anyone can come in here and read it and think that apeatamin and waist trainers are a great way to gain weight and then slim off your waist....which is 100% the wrong way to do it...so yea, I am going to correct the record for lurkers and such...

Exactly a public forum. In which you don't have to read anything you don't like. It's not like they are telling people to use the products, they are just sharing what is working for them.

which also means I have the right to come in here and correct misinformation and woo woo ...

The information is not wrong if it works for them. As they are not saying the product is the cause they are just using it.

If the expectation that a waister trainer would reduce or modify fat tissue and prevent growth, then it would be wrong. If they like to wear it, thats a different story. Like i mentioned before, i would be a little worried about not utilizing your back muscles making them weak. That and having some impact on your internals.

Arguing if something works or doesn't for someone without any proof that is does or does not is childish and gives nothing to this post.

Replying by add nothing to this discussion no matter if you disagree is against the rules (aka trolling) as no one will win. So as a moderator please start enforcing the rules!

I would recommend you read and understand the rules before making such assertions. Additionally, you can feel free to explain to us "unknowledgeable" members how a piece of clothing will affect adipose fatty tissue.

If you think science is childish, that is your opinion but if someone has questions or needs an understanding how something works, then we can inform them. Maybe you shoulf also considering read the first several pages and look at the information i have provided. Not only in terms of increasing intake but decreasing the development of new fatty tissue.

You want to promise false hopes and think its supportive, thats fine as you have the right to that opinion. But that is giving someone false hope. Clothing will not prevent fat growth and supercede genetic diposition. It is not only wrong but provides false hopes to members who are trying to achieve goals.

3.This was a question about others using the product and their experiences. The thread topic is about Apetamin, because someone talked about a belt doesn't mean the thread gets derailed to talk about if that works or not.

By all means, feel free to report anything that you see as a violation. Another moderator will evaluate it. I dont mod the gaining weight section as i am in almost every thread helping people on their journey. I came in here to correct some wrong information and provide the math behind the OPs goals of 5 lbs per week. I also provided a link to high calorie foods to make it easier for the OP to hit her 3000 a day calorie goal.

I'm sorry but Apetamin is definitely WORKING for me. This isnot the first , second or third time I've tried to gain weight. And NO I have not always looked for a short cut to gain weight. You never even thought to ask anything it just really seemed like you assumed to know what I have been doing prior. In all honesty I donot wish to continue going back n forth with this. WE AGREE TO DISAGREE. There is wayyyyy too much craziness going on in the world. We can do better than this by accepting the fact that what works for some may not work for others and also may not be the way you choose to go about it. It's okay... I'm good with that. You guys have a great night. TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER BECAUSE THE DEVIL IS A LIAR! What started off so peacefully can only become negative if we allow it. It's not worth it.

If you've tried to gain weight several times, it sounds like you have not found a way to maintain the gains you made after you stop your supplement.

If it only allows temporary gains, it isn't sustainable long term. You should look at making long term sustainable changes.

Artificially increasing your appetite is allowing you to eat very large quantities of food and make rapid weight gain.

It IS working for you, but people are giving you advice for how to do this without the supplement, for lasting changes.

They aren't attacking you, but trying to help.

Again, I would suggest eating at a smaller surplus and doing progressive resistance training. This will somewhat help direct where the weight goes by mitigating done of the fat gains (yay for solid muscles as a foundation of the body parts you want to grow). Plus, with a smaller surplus, you likely won't need a supplement to reach your calorie goal.

You've said you've done this time and time again. Why not try another method to see if you get better results?

Yes I did say I've done this a few time ; however I did it say with Apetamin. This is my first time using this to help with my weight gain journey. Please donot assume that this is all I do to gain weight. I am very aware that taking this alone is not enough. I work out 3 times a week with weights, I drink ensure plus and try my best to consume lots of healthy foods into my diets as well. By all means... The Apetamin is a booster for me. There is no way I would go into this thinking that's all I had to do. It takes consistency and I'm aware of that. Many have started with this and no longer needed this along the way because they found a regimen that worked and no longer struggled to maintain . Hopefully I will get the same ending results. Time will tell... Enjoy your day!
  • stowns30
    Options
    *Didnot say
  • stowns30
    edited July 2016
    Options

By all means, feel free to report anything that you see as a violation. Another moderator will evaluate it. I dont mod the gaining weight section as i am in almost every thread helping people on their journey. I came in here to correct some wrong information and provide the math behind the OPs goals of 5 lbs per week. I also provided a link to high calorie foods to make it easier for the OP to hit her 3000 a day calorie goal.

I'm sorry but Apetamin is definitely WORKING for me. This isnot the first , second or third time I've tried to gain weight. And NO I have not always looked for a short cut to gain weight. You never even thought to ask anything it just really seemed like you assumed to know what I have been doing prior. In all honesty I donot wish to continue going back n forth with this. WE AGREE TO DISAGREE. There is wayyyyy too much craziness going on in the world. We can do better than this by accepting the fact that what works for some may not work for others and also may not be the way you choose to go about it. It's okay... I'm good with that. You guys have a great night. TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER BECAUSE THE DEVIL IS A LIAR! What started off so peacefully can only become negative if we allow it. It's not worth it.

You should read my post again. I never said it wasnt going to work for you. I said it only worked for 25% of people. I dont know why you think i am being negative. I only corrected some misinformation (like it slows the metabolism) and gave you actual information on what would be needed to hit 5 lbs a week.

But if you think setting realistic expextations of results because i see this day in and out and see those same people who are taking Apetamin come back and complain about how they are gaining a ton of stomach fat as negative, then i am sorry.

End of story... This will not spill over into another day. What else is going on? Do you have something else to speak about besides what we don't agree on? How is the weather where u are? It's hot here.
  • stowns30
    Options
    I don't know what happened to me but I can no longer so a sit-up . Lol .... It just seems so difficult. And please don't say push ups because I'm no good at that. Yikes... *embarrassed* Lls
  • stowns30
    Options
    *do
  • stowns30
    Options
    Lol
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the end goal is here? Is it just to be fat? Because that's easy, I did that without even trying! Achieving an aesthetic is a lot harder, whether up or down the scale, I have to do a lot more than just eat less to get the body I want, same works the other way.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Problem is that many posters have no intention of being supportive or constructive, but prefer to be snarky, flippant and know-it-all. I see it every day on MFP threads, and it is disheartening. I don't see the moderators calling people on their negative destructive comments nearly as often as I see posts such as the one above.

I am sorry if you can't handle the truth ...but the truth is you don't need waist trainers and you don't need apeatamin ....that is not being snarky, flippant, etc, that is being honest and truthful.

No actually that's just your opinion... You cannot speak for everyone. Some people may need what you don't ; however it doesn't make you right. Seems like you are contradicting yourself. Why are you so upset that everything you say ppl don't agree with. It's life... Do things your way and let others do it theirs. No need for this to be a back n forth thing. Move on from this already.... Sheesh

No, that is scientific fact and not opinion...
  • stowns30
    Options
    Lol