Good-bye MyFitnessPal

Options
Im done I tried and now there is just weight gain. since 6/25 i have now GAINED eight pounds when I feel that is impossible. I am doing Couch to 5k, half the time I am doing it twice in one day. Saterday is case in point I helped my dad with building a block wall in his backyard. I started this weekend at 280lbs As the day went on my pants were literally falling off my *kitten*. Since there was no way of recording lifting and pushing 82lbs blocks I put it in the MyFitnessPal as walking up stairs. My job was picking up the Block off the pallet putting it on a hand cart then pushing it 100ft to the wall and piffling into place. How do you gain weight doing that I don't know. And you cant say it was three pounds of muscle. And after researching starvation mode is bull I eat more than half my calories to function so my body isn't in starvation mode and Im under most of the time because I am not going to force feed myself just to "eat back" my calories.

So I say this "GOOD-BYE MyFitnessPal" thanks for helping me lose ten pounds of the one-hundred I wanted I am now completely done with dieting it is no use anymore to me I am just going to stay fat

Replies

• RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow. Quitter. MyFitnessPal isn't supposed to do it FOR you. Only you can take charge of your life and make the necessary changes needed to get healthy. You didn't gain all that weight over night, or even in a year, it takes lots of time and effort to lose it again. Good luck to you!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Don't give up!!!!!!!!

I know that is so much easier said than done.

At my heaviest, I was 262. I have lost and gained and lost and gained and gained and gained so many times it made my head spin.

Then there were the plateaus.

Don't give up on yourself.

You are worth the effort.
  • shelli16415
    shelli16415 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No! Don't give up! Look into Weight Loss Surgery - I recommend the Lap Band System!!! Never give up!
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I also quit things when they get hard. That's why I'm fit and successful in general. Oh wait, that's right...I don't quit things.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    We all go through the up's and down's of losing weight.... the difference is who gives up on it and who pushes through the rough and tough times!! Quitters never win!
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    it could have been water weight, too bad.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    So you quit after a week? You're just looking for an excuse to stay fat. Period. We've all had ups and downs here, but stuck with it. In all likelihood, you are dehydrated and your body is storing water to make up for it. Working like that CAN cause weight gain, and to run away so quickly is just cowardly....
  • iAlly
    iAlly Posts: 66
    Options
    So don't you want to

"Keep up with your daughter
    Play softball again
    walk a full round of golf
    not be fat anymore"

????
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    it could have been water weight, too bad.

Very true indeed.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    If you aren't drinking enough water & exercising THAT much...your body is hanging onto water, which can account for quite few lbs. And honestly, you don't HAVE to have MFP. Your pants are getting bigger, sometimes, it's more about how you look & feel than what the scale says. So just keep eating sensibly & keep up with what you're doing, evil scale aside...it's working
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    First of all...your weight loss is not anything to belittle. Every little bit counts. This journey is a marathon, not a sprint. Your body has become so accustomed to being overweight that you can't expect it to get small over night. This journey is HARD and it totally SUCKS sometimes, but you cannot quit. I am at my goal weight and I still struggle everyday, it's just who I am, this is my addiction. You are literally giving up because the scale is not saying what you want it to...don't give up!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    so thats it, 10 days and your done? you shouldnt expect rapid results. Weightloss is a change of lifestyle not a short term crash diet.

your choice....but is being "fat" what you want to be?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's probably water retention, dude. I always weigh more the day after I hit the gym. Just keep trucking and the weight will come off. I've been on a plateau for over a year & I'm still here.
    You can't succeed unless you fail a little first.
  • kbaradio
    kbaradio Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't give up. If you haven't already, go see a doctor and get checked out. It could be your body is doing something internally. But you should never give up! I hope you are able to see this before resigning altogether. I've been working hard to lose weight gained after surgery last year. It is discouraging to see the fluctuations daily, but you have to persevere and not let this beat you :)
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Are you afraid of success? Keep at it, challenge yourself to believe that you ARE capable!
  • han182
    han182 Posts: 82
    Options
    Please don't give up! It takes time, the number of times I've gained I could've quit 100 times over!
    Keep at it a little while longer and just see how it goes
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Look at your picture! There's no better reason to not quit than that little girl in your arms. Open up your diary so people can see them and give some pointers. Get some more MFP friends because they are an amazing source of love and support. There are answers and reasons to all of this stuff. Don't just walk away. I was 408 and after a week was ready to quit and continue my unhealthy life, as short as it was gonna be. I'm down to 280 now with the thanks of mfp!!!!!
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well, at least now you can join a fat acceptance community and complain about how the fit keep you down.
  • jazzy1129
    jazzy1129 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it could have been water weight or maybe your losing inches instead of pounds. Have you measured yourself to see if you have lost inches? You claim that your pants were falling off, if so that is a good indicator. With you doing the kind of work your described, you are building muscle. Building muscle leads to weight gain.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    There's lots of reasons for weight gain. Too much salt = water retention. You're working on new routines and lifting, that adds muscle which adds weight, ect. Chances are though you aren't gaining FAT unless you're way overeating. It takes time and patience. It took you years to gain it, is it so terrible that it'll take a couple to lose it? How long have you been overweight? Is 2 years asking too much of your patience in comparison?