What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    ramos10_2 wrote: »
    Having more clothing options has been great but i also spend 2x longer at clothing stores than i used to, now that i have more options.. looks like i love clothes lol

Can sooo relate to this...I wanna buy the whole shop now lol
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    How much it sucks when you realize you're one of the one's who is in the process of regaining... and yet not being able to muster up the effort to refocus...

Since weigh has not been a primary goal like regaining my health by the food that I eat my weight varies a lot as I experiment with different WOE's but since I maintained at 200 pounds for a year eating 2500 calories daily I know doing 8/16 IF can get me right back down. After I lose say 10 pounds I will regain half of it so the brain knows starvation is not in our future. :)

Hang in there. I just tried to restart dairy and it made me feel bad and the weight shot up so dairy is no longer an option. It is not just carbs that reacts badly with my body. Not having controlling cravings since Nov 2014 has made things easier in my case.
  • mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The excitement when you get a healthy BMI reading on the scale

That must have been Awesome. Very very jealous. Congrats

• brighteststitcher
    brighteststitcher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Terri6627 wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(
    Well that's the unfortunate side of "eat less, sweat more. I get more pimples too, but I've never had bad skin.

My face is a hot mess that will not clear up. I've paid for laser treatments, taken a ton of antibiotics, used a ton of prescription face creams, tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof, use Cetaphil daily. Nothing works at all. It's been bad for the past 3 years and gotten worse as I've lost weight.

I've had some success with eating paleo - not sure if it was the sugar or dairy, but my skin has cleared up alot except for hormones, and washing my face with honey has done a lot of good too. (I know the honey is kinda nuts, but I swear it's actually very nice and luxurious).
  • ajhaupt302
    ajhaupt302 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    - That eating healthy, veggies & low fat, lean meats) can mean eating a lot of food - some days I am just tired of eating, and still don't reach my calorie goal.
    - Those who have seen me go up and down over the years are not saying anything about my weight loss (and they never say anything about the gains either)
    - Working out makes you smaller even when the weight loss is not so great.
    - Sometimes your friends need to change to enable your goals (aka no more drinking night out with the girls.)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!