Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I start BOOTCAMP at the Y tonight.... EEECK! I'm nervous! My back is still acting up and I have a head cold but I'm still going. I'm hoping to sweat out the head cold and my back with get back in line. We'll see.

But last weekend was my birthday and we have celebrated a lot but one of the best ways was.... WE GOT A JEEP!!! And we LOVE IT!! SO MUCH FUN! We went out with my folks yesterday and hubby and I went tooling around by ourselves on Sat. I'd love to hear from others who have Jeeps!

g4pc0h7xd09o.jpg
    oj3seqgvcrv2.jpg
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @changelsAde What a great way to celebrate. Enjoy the boot camp.

I did my weekly weigh in and lost 3 pounds. Made my first goal.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Way to go!!! Great progress!

@MeinProgress I'm with you, if you find your motivation will you share some with me? ;)

@ChangeIsADecision Awesome new Jeep! Let me know how bootcamp goes! I used to do bootcamp at the Y a few years ago and LOVED it!

@ngolden3320 Thank you for reminding me to put my patience pants back on ;)

So I had my first bingeing urge in a month last night. I didn't binge, but I had an unplanned protein shake trying to prevent it. It's still a win, but I'm still frustrated that I can't seem to get it together. I'm falling into the comparison trap and I need to work my way back out of it. Grrrr....
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Maybe, we need to do some NSV. Each of a post one small thing we did to get us closer or to keep us on our journey? Help inspire each other. Anyone in?
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @MeinProgress That is more than a tiny NSV! That one is huge, and yes you are worth it! Finding a good therapist is awesome. I saw one for about a year when I was really depressed and was having issues.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow-lots of catching up to do! Well, last week before we left for Florida I found out that the manufacturing plant I work for will be shutting down and moving to Texas. So, in about a month I will be out of a job. That kinda sucks! But-my husband has a great job so we will be ok financially for a bit. I will have to start looking for something again, but I am kind of looking forward to taking a break for a bit. I am excited I bought an elliptical yesterday. We are picking it up tonight and I can't wait! Maybe this will be the extra motivation I need to get myself back on track! I had one before and I lost like 40 pounds when I started using it. But then we moved and didn't have room for it any more. Anyway, I am going to try to be motivated in the morning and get up and use it before I get ready for work. I am not a morning person, but I am thinking even 15 minutes in the morning, and then again in the evening. I am excited to get moving in the right direction again.

Rachel - that is a win having a protein shake instead of a binge! Way to find something that worked!

@jdelaroy - I love the idea of listing NSV's! Something to be proud of ourselves for! I guess mine for now is that I am still here logging even though I have slipped with the choices lately. I an not giving up like I have done so many times in the past. I am realizing it is one day at a time. Yesterday might not have been great, but I can keep going today! So-not giving up- that's mine.

@ChangeIsADecision - Nice jeep! That looks like fun! How did boot camp go?

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Ok is it bad that I can't even think of a NSV right now?! Pffffff! I still feel so far off the rails! I will think about it...
    I'm actually trying to eat more healthy, cutting out the junk, and baking healthy recipes (I love to bake). I think my main prob is portion control, it's like I'm back to square one with that lately. It's hard work to cut that back when you love food!
    Cari, things will improve over time! Keep plugging away! It sure doesn't help when it prob feels like your bro is useless and you don't have a partner to tackle your moms stuff. Can you call a few girlfriends and get in there together and see if you can make some progress on a Saturday? I bet if you could see progress it would motivate you to keep going... And yes, it's obviously stress that is making you sick. So take time to care for yourself.
    Nice jeep, Jen! Looks like so much fun!
    Dana! Love your positive attitude about your job loss. That is so good. I think you will do great with your new elliptical!
    Can't remember what everyone else said, but I did read everything!! Hope everyone is having a good week so far!!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Looks like some great NSV's.

@danan01 a new elliptical sounds wonderful. Enjoy the time off, and good luck with the job hunt.

@bluepoppies777 Sounds like a great NSV, Baking healthier recipes is one step closer to being a healthier you. Portion control will come back to you.

My NSV is 20 days of 10k steps or more.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    @danan01 - Thanks - we love the Jeep!!
    **Oh GOSH...BOOTCAMP was literally a HOT MESS DISASTER! :dizzy::neutral: I didn't pace myself - came right out of the gate trying to keep up with everyone - 90 degree heat that I'm not used to at all - I almost passed out about 15 mins into it. The heat zapped me! Then when I recovered a bit and was going to run the hill & I re-injured my leg! (pulled my calf muscle) .... with all of this being said - I refuse to quit - I just have to modify some things and pace myself better! It's not a race against other people - it's a race against myself!
    **Thanks for asking! Sorry to hear about your job! That stinks! Good luck with your elliptical. I find if I workout in the morning - I feel so much better. The hardest part is putting your feet on the floor when the alarm goes off. Once you get them on the floor - you're off and running.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    morning all - still here, still bumbling along wondering why I can't get my act together with this game! @jdelaroy - love the NSV idea. Not sure what mine is at the moment - think I will set myslef a target one today of getting my water consumption in (2 glasses down so far)- will report back on progress or lack of it!

@CariTJR - hang in there, it will come back to you but no harm in taking your time with it all, you need to take the time to get yourself mentally and physically back on track.

@danan01 - good luck with the job hunt, that both sucks but is an exciting opportunity for change at the same time. Enjoy the elliptical!

@MeinProgress - that is a big NSV and well done for admitting it. Hope it goes well with the therapist.

Not much exciting going on here - just busy, busy with life. Parents evening at the nursery tonight - I never thought nursery did this kind of thing but apparently they do - an opportunity for us to see his development map and see how he is progressing . I don't know how I feel about it - part of me is fascinated and wants to know and likes that they put so much effort in but the other part of me thinks 'he's only just coming up to 19 months old, surely we can just let him play, sing and enjoy himself!!
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    @bluepoppies777 Welcome back! Glad you had a great vacation. How was the birthday dinner?

@ngolden3320 Getting that call when you're already emotionally raw is tough. Great job still focusing on self care and doing the best that you can given the circumstances. TOM will be over soon. I find getting back to my regular work routine really helps me with my eating, hope it works similarly for you

@kitkatlp Congrats on the loss! Sorry to hear about the muscle strain though, good for you for working past it.

Well I finally got up the nerve to get on the scale...and I maintained!!! I did it! Not even a small gain! I made it through 1 birthday, 2 weddings, 2 grandparent visits, 1 vacation, and a 4 day conference all in a month without even a small gain. This is the biggest NSV ever! I tracked every day to the best of my abilities, even when it was over 3K+ calories, and it paid off! *Happy Dance*

That's a great achievement and an indication that you can "let go" a bit sometimes without it affecting your whole fitness plan. ;)
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy - Thanks...not an easy thing for me to admit out loud.....

I saw a therapist during three years and a half. The best thing I have done in my life for myself. But you need to find one that suits you.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My NSV! Well through everything I have kept checking in, and I haven't quit. I would say me not quitting is a big NSV because in the past when life has gotten in the way I always quit.

It seems as if our whole group is struggling now. But the great NSV for all of us is that we are still here, and at some point we will all come out of this hole.

I don't know about any of you, but I feel lost if I don't check in with our group at least every other day or so.

• ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    LOL! Thought I would share this - Hope everyone has a great day! Bootcamp - Day #2 - tonight. Let's hope day 2 goes better than day 1! :/ Every night the workout is different so that might help!

4viqx7ddhulh.jpg
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @MeinProgress Awesome NSV! It's always a huge win to reach out for help when you need it

@jdelaroy Love the idea of daily NSVs to get me through the slump. Mine today is that I looked in the mirror while getting ready and complimented myself. I had boxing class last night which always helps with my self esteem. Also, congrats on your 20 day streak!

@danan01 Sorry to hear about the job, but it sounds like it might end up being a blessing in disguise. I look forward to hearing how you do with your new elliptical and some well deserved time to yourself!

@bluepoppies777 Hopefully today brings a NSV for you. Maybe a new healthy recipe of something or pulling out the measuring cups with dinner? You got this!

@ChangeIsADecision Wow it really sounds like you gave it your all and then some! Hopefully today your pacing is more on point so you don't re-injure yourself

@janetay01 I hope you have a good night at parent's night! I agree it's crazy how many development markers kids have these days, but I bet it will be interesting to check in and see all the cool new things he's learning and doing

@ngolden3320 I agree completely, checking in is probably the main reason I still track my food every day. That's a great NSV that you're sticking with it, and I'm so glad you're sticking with us!

@health_guard Sounds like you've got a great goal for the road race, both this year and next year! How's getting back on the wagon going?

I woke up today feeling so much more body positive. It just goes to show if I stick with it and stick with my routine things get back to normal. It's when I take bad body days and eat my feelings that things really spiral out of control. I felt like I actually made some progress at boxing last night too. I'm learning how to hit my partners harder (I'm fairly tentative about punching people in the face...go figure).

My biggest NSV though is that I put myself out there last night and talked to my instructor about possibly becoming a yoga instructor at the gym! He seemed really receptive to the idea and is going to talk to the owner more about it. Even if it doesn't end up working out I'm really proud of myself for putting myself out there :) Best case scenario is I get to teach yoga and no longer pay a fortune for my amazing gym membership.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @janetay01 I understand how you feel about the early Parent days and checking in on your children's project. My oldest (Almost 17) was in daycare and at the age of 4 they offer to do a thorough testing of your children's skills and such. It was free, so I agreed to have them do it. I am so happy that I did. It turns out that my daughter has several learning problems. With this knowledge and the testing they did. I was able to have my daughter on an IEP as soon as she was in public school. This normally takes a few years to happen. Her first grade teacher wanted me to have her tested for ADHD. She came back border line, and the school wanted me to put her on meds for this. I fought with them for two years. Finally was able to move into a different school that had better programs for learning disabilities. They on the other hand agreed with me about her ADHD, she was having issues in her previous school because they were teaching to her abilities, the work was too hard and she would be unable to concentrate.

@ngolden3320 That is a fantastic NSV, Sticking with it even when you are struggling is awesome.

@ChangeIsADecision Great job on making it through day 1, good luck with day 2.

@health_guard Hopefully the extra money in the paycheck will be helpful. Maybe set some aside for a special gift to yourself for your next goal.

My NSV, I set myself a goal to do 30 days strait of 10k steps or more. I completed day 20 yesterday by pacing from my living roon, through the dining room, to the kitchen and back. My BF just smiled at me. Ooh and I managed to pack up a small area in the living room, and get all the clothes folded.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back and still not shoulder resolution but I have said screw it and bet your *kitten* in gear with your mental game girl. I don't remember ever being this discouraged by my body even when I had a year long migraine and my thyroid removed. It is crazy. I have been sticking with my exercise and been maintaining my diet but not loosing any since the beginning of June. I want to get about 15 pounds off before the beginning of October when we head out for our cruise but I really don't thing this is going to be totally possible.
    I am praying after my MRI Monday and followup appt on Friday they can just shoot me up with some cortisone, hit PT for another few weeks and be on my why. Fingers crossed.

It sounds like we are all struggling lately, aren't summers supposed to be fun and full of laughter and beer :).
  • aktabbers
    aktabbers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Helllo everyone! I've been working at this for years, but only logging my food on and off.

I LOVE the gym and I promise you that if you stay moving, and start feeling motivated by the actual action of working out and being healthy rather than the results you yearn for, you will keep at it. Going to the gym used to be a chore for me - I cried with hesitation before going in, feeling that I wasn't going to get the results I want no matter how hard I work out. You can't have that mindset.

Learn to love it.. You have to remember that you can't just stop your healthy habits once you reach your goal weight. You have to fight to stay in shape and maintain a healthy lifestyle. My number on the scale has gone up and down and all around over the years (it's actually on the upper side at the moment). It's all about how you look and feel. Muscle is heavy. Strength is good and leads to long-lasting bodies. We don't buy fitness - we lease it - and we have to pay rent daily. Learn to love the natural energy that whole food provides you, and the euphoria and confidence boost that fitness provides you. The results are, simply, gravy... compared to everything else there is to gain. Good luck, folks!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @ fitequalssmile I am sorry to hear about your shoulder, great job on keeping up with everything else.

My NSV for today, I got in my 10k steps before leaving work. :smiley:
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Karen, in trying to kick my own *kitten* back into the game myself! I would love to lose 15 lbs by October, let's try! We would have to lose over a lb a week, but hey.... Even if we lost 5-10 I would be happy at this point. Been stalled for months!
    Does anyone use a food scale? I haven't found one yet, what brands are you guys using and do you like it? Are they accurate? Easy to use? Maybe that would get my portions back under control...