Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I bought a food scale last night! Just got batteries this morning so I will test it out after work. I don't know what brand it is, but it was $30 so I figured if it sucked, who cares. Hope it makes a difference, I never know how to measure cheese or "4 oz" of chicken etc. Here's hoping it will get my portions true!
    It always seems like when I'm mustering the will power to get my shiz together and start tracking properly again, things get derailed before they even start. Case in point, ready to start measuring today... Have a potluck at work today for lunch, tonight going to a pool party BBQ, tomorrow having people over for a BBQ, and Sunday going camping! Gahhh! So I will muddle through. I just have to channel the will power and remind myself that there will ALWAYS be stuff coming up, events, and parties, so just stick to my plan! I don't think it's a fear of missing out, I think I truly love food! Lol! I am determined to eat well today!
    Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 Sounds like a good start. Even if you just use the scale this weekend to get the hang of it, you will be that much closer to your goals. Enjoy your weekend.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 - love the blanket. I made one when I was pregnant with my first son. It still hangs in my guest bedroom. Overtime I go in there it is such great memories. Wonderful!!!

@Rachel0778 - we call it circus school but it is really aerial yoga. Think Cirque de Solie (that is so spelled wrong). I highly recommend everyone grab your girlfriends and go find a class. It is so much fun and a great upper body core workout but be prepared to bruise. I always wake up with them the next day but totally love it.

@jdelaroy - good luck with the move. That is something I am not looking forward to doing again.

@bluepoppies777 - you can do it. I find just stick to the veggies and away form he alcohol as this will totally derail me. There are times I find I just don't eat anything because I know if I eat anything, even a carrot, I am a goner. Be strong.

So this morning was 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 with my trainer. Going to attempt to get the upstairs cleaned and prepared for our graduation party next weekend giving me one less thing do to. Hope everyone has a great weekend and remembers to laugh.

I am not one for doing this but anything to keep me going at this point. I am going to post each Monday to keep me accountable (or try, hehe).

Goal - 15 pounds by 10/6
    7/18
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,315 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is clearly a post I need to keep up on every day. I had to catch up on about 2 weeks worth just now and it's too hard to keep track of who is who when I don't know all of you yet! :smiley:

I have no plans for the weekend, which I love because I'm a homebody and I like to be able to relax and do what I want.

@janetay01 That blanket is going to be fantastic!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! @janetay01 That blanket looks fantastic! Great job! We are heading to florida again today after work. Hoping to get a lot more done this weekend. I will be painting cabinets and trim inside, and my husband will be painting trim outside. I can't wait for when we start landscaping! I am excited to see the transformation. Right now it is just overgrown and no curb appeal. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    3qwwbj7qydch.jpeg
    It's one of those kinds of days today at work. 3:00 can't come soon enough!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 / @FitEqualsSmile / @MeinProgress - Alright MFPeeps... we're entering the danger zone for me. THE WEEKEND! I'm going to try to get in the mind set of it just being a normal week day (food wise). Our good friends are leaving town so that will help keep me focused - LOL - that's terrible to say but we have so much fun with them, that's when I lose focus and we eat stupid food and drink our calories. My bestie and I started a biggest loser competition and we haven't lost a thing!! So bad... But this weekend is the start of a new mind set! I'm taking responsibility of my actions and focusing what I need to do to get to MY goals! Report in on Monday!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else missing messages on here? The last one I see from yesterday is @danan01 at 3:18pm and the next one is @janetay01 at 8:51am. I know that can't be right with this group! No ONE posted the entire evening!??! What am I missing?

Moving on... no bootcamp until Monday (it's only Monday and Wednesdays) so this AM I got up at 4:50AM (WHOOP-WHOOP #5amclub) and did an awesome cardio/step/strength workout by Jessica Smith TV..... YAY!! I had very strict supervisors too... :D<3

86dz0n8cve62.jpg

• PhedraJD
    Options
    @ChangeIsADecision I have the same posts. I don't think anything is missing. Good job doing a great work out. I love your supervisor.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Keep us posted on how the packing goes. Talk about an active weekend!

@bluepoppies777 Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you! I recommend setting up a game plan, but doing the best you can and taking it one event at a time :) Let us know how the adjustment to the food scale goes.

@FitEqualsSmile You're killing it in the workouts department! Looking forward to hearing how the grad party goes.

@bobsburgersfan Glad you're checking in when you can! No worries on keeping up, bounce in whenever you have time :)

@danan01 You amaze me with being able to put in a full work week and then doing house stuff all weekend long. How do you find the energy? I can barely keep up with cleaning my one small home. You're a rockstar

@ChangeIsADecision Love the photos of your fur babies! Way to rock the 5am workout. The danger zone (weekend) may be upon us, but we will persevere!

I am literally counting down the minutes until 4pm, today took forever to get through! I'm wishing everyone a happy, healthy weekend so that we're all ready to go for Monday Check In!
  • npercy23
    npercy23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey im nicole ! My goal is to lose 50-60 lbs. I struggle with depression and anxiety and are looking for friends to help motivate to get my goals complete! Im trying my hardest to stick with it. Need positive vibes!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I hope it is a productive one for sure. I am still at work counting the minutes... 50 of them left.

@npercy23 Welcome, Please feel free to post and read on here whenever you want. Everyone is very supportive, and has a lot of great ideas. Good luck on your new journey, and remember small steps will get you where you want to go.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Morning all - it's very quiet on here, hopefully that means we have had good weekends!

@health_guard - congrats on the loss. Sounds like fun with the dogs and the pond although I thought all dogs liked getting wet - clearly not! I like your plan of getting the workout in first thing in the morning - now if I can just kick myself out of bed!

@npercy23 - welcome! Stick with us and come back here regularly - it's a great board for motivation and support in weight loss, healthy eating and general life.

@ChangeIsADecision - I've got the same updates as you, think it's just a bit quiet on here! Totally understand your challenge with having friends around - love having them around and about the house but all my good intentions go out of the window the moment they arrive - usually with lovely food and bottles of wine! Hope your weekend plans worked out - how did you get on?

@danan01 - hope you got as much done on the house as you planned. I'm at a sort of crossroads with our garden at the moment - we got loads done last year but money is tight this year and it's lost momentum a bit. Need to get myself outside and do a bit each day - will help keep me moving as well.

@FitEqualsSmile - love the thought of your son's blanket hanging in your guest bedroom. My hope is that this will be something that he can keep and maybe transfer on to his little one if he should have one - although at 19 months old, that is a way off. On the positive side, gives me plenty of time to finish it!!

@jdelaroy - hope the packing went well (or well enough that the family are on board to help!)

Thanks all for the kind comments about the blanket - stitching is really out of my comfort zone but I'm keeping at it and sharing it with people is really helpful in keeping me going with it. Really fun, chilled weekend here - the weather was gorgeous and we had nothing planned so spent loads of time in the garden and out at the park with Alistair (and his new trike which I now can't separate him from!). I've also found some sort of motivation over the last couple of days - two days of completed diary under calorie goal. It's a small step but I'll take it for now - need to maintain this through the coming week.

• spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for a few years and I have lost, gained, lost again and gained again! I have 30-40lbs to lose altogether and I'm stuck in a cycle so I need some really motivated friends to give me a push to change my lifestyle for good! Please add me if you want mutual support! :)
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Morning All,

Jenna had a tournament this weekend so I was gone from 7 am -8 pm for only 2 games. I hate when they space them out so far apart. Team had a cook out between games so I tried to eat fairly good. I did however get my steps in, as it was an old town with lots of shops so Jenna and I walked up the road and then went through all of the shops. It was nice just the 2 of us. Had my nieces grad party yesterday. Ate not to bad but didn't track all weekend. Off to a better start this morning.

Newbies feel free to add me. we can all use more friends.

I will respond to everyone's posts later. I am at work and people are starting to come in.
  • BreannaB823
    BreannaB823 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Add me!!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @ChangeIsADecision - great job on the video. I can not motivate myself enough to get going to get them done. Never stops me from buying them though, lol.

@npercy23 - welcome aboard. Feel free to post often and add me as a friend!!!

@health_guard - yep, back in the saddle again for sure...lets hop on together.

Had a great weekend and go a lot of cleaning done including the downstairs windows and scrubbing all the deck railings, talk about fun times...NOT. This week is crazy as all get out. I have appointments like crazy and trying to fit in my gym time is going to be tough. I have had to call my trainer twice to see if he can move me around to different times. It appears it is going to be 92 degrees here on Saturday for our graduation party. Thanks goodness I rented a large tent.
    Well, off to my elliptical and then my trainer only to rush home to meet our contractors to replace a couple of windows in our basement then finally have my MRI this afternoon. I am no allowing myself to drink at all today as I am afraid I will have to go during the MRI - it is going to take 2 hours. I normally go about 12 times a day I drink so much, TMI right.

Well you can tell my be weight drop hat I have been off plan for a while. I am sure next week will be a small gain and not so nice as I have about 200 cookies to make this week as well.

I am not one for doing this but anything to keep me going at this point. I am going to post each Monday to keep me accountable (or try, hehe).

Goal - 15 pounds by 10/6
    7/11 start
    7/18 3.7 down 11.3 to go
  • janetay01
    Options
    @spyro88 - sent you a friend request :). I'm in Burgess Hill so not that far from you!

@BreannaB823 - sent you a friend request!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Check In Everyone! I didn't weigh in today because I ate a lot of high sodium foods yesterday, but overall I feel good about my food choices, especially since I had 3 different social events this weekend...yikes!

I am feeling so people'd out and exhausted. I love summer, but I also find it completely overwhelming. I need to scale back my social calendar but it's always a problem of who do I say no to??? I need a mental health weekend where I do nothing...fat chance of that happening though!

Welcome @npercy23 and @spyro88 !

@Health_guard Great job on the loss. How did getting up early this morning go?

@janetay01 Sounds like you had a great weekend, great job completing your diary under your calorie goal!

@ngolden3320 Great job making good choices amidst all the craziness. Sounds like you made the best of a long day away from home!

@FitEqualsSmile Way to go on the drop! Sounds like a crazy weekend, and a crazy week coming up as well! Hopefully you can enjoy the cookies without having it be a cookie binge-fest :)

• janetay01
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - we've not had the social whirl of activity to the level that you have but we've still had a really busy (for us) string of weekends. This was the first one that we've been able to slow down a bit and it was so nice - I think it's really important that we all find a weekend for us once in a while.

Ok - I'm in with publishing my goals so here goes:

Start date: 18th July 2016
    Goal: 10lbs lost by my wedding anniversary on December 2nd (a not too ambitious 1/2lb a week)