Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Replies

• JPH128
    JPH128 Posts: 85 Member
    Add me!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Hi all. Unfortunately I cannot send invites to join to anyone who is not on my friend's list.

Please go to the Community section, click on groups. There you can search for Healthy Women Over 40 Support/Accountability Group.

I will try and post the link when I get to my computer.

Thanks @RoseTheWarrior for letting me know.
  • prgirl39mfp
    shelaghcol wrote: »
    RoseTheWarrior - how do I join? I clicked on the page link and it says "join this group to view its contents," but there's no "join" link.

I have added you. Let me know.
  • prgirl39mfp
    tiamaria68 wrote: »
    Please add me as well - Im 48 , looking for motivation and food ideas - i love food but i hate cooking and not fond of exercise either.... over years my weight has been creeping up slowly until last 2 years it went up 30lbs or more... so now trying to figure out how to loose weight .... help

I hear ya. I have been on the same boat.
  • ginaDDDD
    ginaDDDD Posts: 27 Member
    Please add me too!
  • sabrina_46
    sabrina_46 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me to the group. I'm 46 and lost almost 40 lbs using MFP a few years ago. I've gained most of it back but would love to get there again. Just need a little motivation to stay on track.
  • v2name
    v2name Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 43 and a mother of 6. I never lost my baby weight from the last baby. I have been losing and gaining back the same 15 lbs for the last 2.5 years. Lately I seem to just be gaining. I'm only 2 lbs under my post-baby peak. I've got 50 lbs to lose and I'm looking for people to both inspire me and challenge me. If you can relate please send me a friend request v2name.
  • A_Disney_Dream
    A_Disney_Dream Posts: 7 Member
    40 here! Why is losing weight so hard after 40???
  • healthyjourney33
    healthyjourney33 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm 47 and need to lose 30 lbs .I had a son die of cancer last year stress made me gain weight .Ready to take it off

I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. This breaks my heart.
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    I always like adding new friends to share my fit secrets! feel free to add me- I am an extremely clean eater with open diary
  • denise131970
    denise131970 Posts: 8 Member
    Count me in!! I joined weight watchers in July 2014 and 8 lbs and then put it back on and then some! Very disappointed and clothes are tight, I look pregnant! I'm 46 and finding it so hard to be motivated especially when I have a husband and son who practically eat any and everything!! I've training in Feb 2016 and have lost 6 lbs so very slow and could do with some of your support too!!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    I am a proud 46 and since last March I have lost 120+ and counting. So far I would not say that I am having a hard time losing weight. It takes a lot of work, commitment, and dedication. I do not really need motivation, but support is good and I am willing to help anyone in any way I can. The main things that I have learned is that this is a process and I now have the knowledge that this is doable, so if i fall off the wagon or gain a few pounds I do not get upset or frustrated. I just get back on the horse and head in the right direction. Feel free to add me, if not just know that you can do this!
  • prgirl39mfp
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I am a proud 46 and since last March I have lost 120+ and counting. So far I would not say that I am having a hard time losing weight. It takes a lot of work, commitment, and dedication. I do not really need motivation, but support is good and I am willing to help anyone in any way I can. The main things that I have learned is that this is a process and I now have the knowledge that this is doable, so if i fall off the wagon or gain a few pounds I do not get upset or frustrated. I just get back on the horse and head in the right direction. Feel free to add me, if not just know that you can do this!

Thank you for your kind words! Congratulations on your journey and accomplishments.
  • prgirl39mfp
    stacey2428 wrote: »
    40 here! Why is losing weight so hard after 40???

Let me know. I am 44 and still finding out.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Our group is called Healthy Women over 40 accountabilty/support group. Find it on Community/Groups. Lots of support there.
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    bumping this - as a woman in my 40's, new weird body changes have popped up -from hormones to achey joints, etc. would love to keep motivated and see what other women 40+ are doing.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Thanks for posting the link. Please join us. It is a great group!.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Hello all!

I am sorry to inform you that the group was closed. The link no longer works.

@ameliabee6 feel free to add me. Would love to have you as a friend and support each other. Seems like you are on your way to a very happy and healthy life!!

Marta
  • SaraBrielle
    SaraBrielle Posts: 8 Member
    Feel free to add me!
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm a 43 yr old working mother of two, desperately wanting to lose (at the very least) 80 lbs.

I did initially lose 57 lbs a while back, however, over the course of the year i managed to put 30 of them back on...(I'm totally disappointed in myself). Anyhow, i realllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want to get back on track...Today is my third day starting back on MFP and i'm hoping i can reach my goal by the end of this year.

I really don't want to do this alone 'cause that would really suck :wink: , so, if your interested, feel free to add me so we can keep each other motivated :smile:
  • 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    Hey everyone..Happy New Year! I am 46 and l lost 35 pound last year and wanting to try to lose more this year but boy does it come off so slow..ugh. Feel free to add me and we can push each other!
  • Ixy2013
    Ixy2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm 47and struggling to lose what was 10lbs but has slowly crept up to 17lbs, would like some motivation as well as offering support to those in a similar position.
    Fairly healthy but go through phases with my excercise regime, not so easy to do on your own but determined to try and lose it in 2017, hopefully with like minded fitness pals
  • gmhester74
    gmhester74 Posts: 47 Member
    I just turned 44, and it seems since I've entered my 40's it's been an uphill battle to keep the 25 lbs off that I lost back in 2011 at the age of 37. I'm back to doing something, weights and/or walking 5-6 days a week. Hopefully we can revive this thread, because I need some motivation! Have a great week all!
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    I’d love to be added. This has been a very hard road for me and I’m struggling for REALS!!! Will be 44 in May and have 115 lbs to lose.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,062 Member
    2 months shy of heading over that hill (turn 40 this summer), always looking for others to help keep me on track and focused. Just being around similar minded people, even if it's online, helps keep the focus where it needs to be!

Movement is huge for me, making it a part of my day to day life.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Hello ladies. I started this post and although the group I created is no longer open I am still here working hard towards my goals. You can add me as a friend, let’s help each other. Turning 40 was a challenge and God knows I’ve had my troubles but I have had successes too.

• sghensley
    sghensley Posts: 2 Member

48 menopausal need to lose 30lbs

sghensleysghensley Member
    April 30, 2018 9:09AM in Motivation and Support
    Feel free to add me! I am 48, put on 30 lbs due to a back injury and surgery. Started April 2nd doing the 1200 calorie eating plan, gave up all sodas, walking daily! Haven’t lost according to the scale but my clothing says otherwise
  • RDY2BSKINY
    RDY2BSKINY Posts: 1 Member
    Good morning, I've been using MFP for years. Being divorced for 5 years now, I started dating a guy now for a year and half.....In love and gained 26lbs in that time frame. Gained 2-3 pant sizes. Trying for a month now to lose the weight and do what I did in the past to lose, but I haven't lost anything. The goal is 1-2lbs a week. Eating is good and working out is good. I know I'm 46 now and my metabolism is slower, but honestly this is frustrating. Ideas and pointers are welcomed! Thank you, Wendy