Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I'm going to accept that I didn't have a great day, and forgive myself for going over my calories for the day whilst hanging out with one of my besties I haven't seen in forever. Sometimes you just need a margarita and a couple tacos with friends.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. 12+ glasses water :neutral: 10 water, 4 coffee
    2. stick to pre-tracked meal plan :neutral:
    3. NO GRAINS :( had a serving of corn chips with my taco salad :(:(
    4. weight workout :smiley:
    5. *maybe belly dancing too*

Whoa! Hit a wall of exhaustion yesterday and did not do so well...did get some exercise and actually was OK in terms of calories and macros, so I guess that it wasn't a total loss. Today will be better!

Friday:
    1. 12 glasses of water
    2. stick to meal plan
    3. NO GRAINS
    4. gardening/vegetable harvest
    5. swimming
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @KetoneKaren (Karen in Virginia) I am trying to cut sugar, which is like crack to me. I am trying to do a high protein, low carb diet. My daughter is a Health Coach for a weight loss clinic and coaches me on the side when she can. The plan calls for 600 k/cal of protein and several servings of vegetables per day. I know it has to be frustrating for her when I keep falling off the diet! Hard to scold your mom! I had breast cancer about 4 years ago, so am trying really hard to make a lifestyle change by getting in more activity and eating healthier but I'm SUCH A JUNK FOOD JUNKIE! And I really struggle with getting bored by eating the same things. But when I stick to it, I feel so much better that it's crazy.

So, today I am trying again. Every day is a new beginning... <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

J4T/Thursday:
    *Journal every bite :smile:
    *At least 6 glasses of water :smile:
    *NO ICE CREAM no matter how loud it calls to me from the freezer tonight! :neutral: Had a scoop in a dessert dish instead of 4 scoops in a cereal bowl so not total fail...
    *Go to bed early and read :neutral: Went to bed early but didn't fall asleep very early.
    *Write in my Gratitude journal :neutral: Forgot!
    *Spend time being really 'present' and add a happy moment from today to our 2016 Smile Jar. (This can be really hard sometimes when you've had a crappy day at work!) :smile: Wrote my smile for the day and less time online

Tracie in WI

J4T/Friday
    [*] Journal every bite
    [*] Eat 600 k/cal of protein and more vegetables
    [*] Begin using light weights in an attempt to tone arms and back
    [*] show my husband more how much I appreciate him
    [*] Gratitude journal and Smile Jar entries

Tracie in WI

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    July 21, JFT
    1. log all food :)
    2. go to gym (already did this :) . Try and walk with friend on the indoor track at the gym tonite :) Got in another 45 minute walk.
    3. DRINK WATER :/
    4. Get back on here tomorrow - be accountable, and do not give up or quit. :D:) Its almost 9pm, but at least I got on here today!

Since today is almost over, I still can try and meet some goals.
    1. log all my food. It was a very busy day today, but take time now to log what I ate
    2. exercise - well, I mowed the grass, which took me almost 2 hrs in this heat, so that will have to be my exercise today! :)
    3. Tonite - no ice cream, no popcorn. DRINK WATER (and well, maybe 1 glass of wine ;) )

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Well, I had an educational day concerning logging yesterday. I decided to try pre-logging and then sticking to the plan. It actually worked so well that I didn't even want a small dessert portion I had pre-logged because I was full and didn't want the treat. Several times during the day I was offered something (triscuits & brie, buttered popcorn, dried pineapple), and said "no, thank you" to all of them because I didn't want to log anything extra. I think I have found a new tool to help me stay on plan! Also, it removes the taboo of having dessert...if I have pre-logged it and it fits my macros, I can have it!

JFT 23 July 2016
    1. Pre-log & prepare food for the day (make salad ahead of time or chop veggies or whatever)
    2. 8 glasses wataer
    3. Stick to the plan
    4. Squats & Kettlebells
    5. Send thank you note to granddaughter for ceramic mug she painted & fired for my birthday. It was just finished yesterday, so we met up on the run in Koh's parking lot for the hand off! It was so fun...she is 7.

Karen in Virginia
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    07/23

1. carb up (after 5 days of low carb)
    2. cardio 60 minutes
    3. have a good rest
    4. watch some tv shows, lol
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just today I will:
    Pre- log my food, stick to my plan, and not eat my children's cheese or ice cream (remember I'm done growing!)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Yesterday
    1. log all my food. It was a very busy day today, but take time now to log what I ate :/ Ate TWO Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, but didn't get them logged.
    2. exercise - well, I mowed the grass, which took me almost 2 hrs in this heat, so that will have to be my exercise today! :) VERY hot even at 7pm, but got all the lawn mowed
    3. Tonite - no ice cream, no popcorn. DRINK WATER (and well, maybe 1 glass of wine ;) ) :/:/:/ I should know better than to even buy icecream, even if it IS skinny cow. One leads to another, until they are gone.

Saturday
    1. get to the gym later today
    2. clean house
    3. healthy eating
    4. log all food

• mytime6630
    Options
    Well, I had an educational day concerning logging yesterday. I decided to try pre-logging and then sticking to the plan. It actually worked so well that I didn't even want a small dessert portion I had pre-logged because I was full and didn't want the treat. Several times during the day I was offered something (triscuits & brie, buttered popcorn, dried pineapple), and said "no, thank you" to all of them because I didn't want to log anything extra. I think I have found a new tool to help me stay on plan! Also, it removes the taboo of having dessert...if I have pre-logged it and it fits my macros, I can have it!

Karen in Virginia

Karen - thanks for sharing this tip. I will have to try this.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Thursday:
    1. 12+ glasses water :neutral: 10 water, 4 coffee
    2. stick to pre-tracked meal plan :neutral:
    3. NO GRAINS :( had a serving of corn chips with my taco salad :(:(
    4. weight workout :smiley:
    5. *maybe belly dancing too*

Whoa! Hit a wall of exhaustion yesterday and did not do so well...did get some exercise and actually was OK in terms of calories and macros, so I guess that it wasn't a total loss. Today will be better!

Friday:
    1. 12 glasses of water :) 14
    2. stick to meal plan :)
    3. NO GRAINS :)
    4. gardening/vegetable harvest :)
    5. swimming :( decided that 4 hours of exercise was enough and skipped the pool :)

Saturday:

Woah I am sore today! Not sure how much I am going to accomplish, but here are my goals:
    1. 12 glasses of water
    2. stick to meal plan
    3. NO GRAINS
    4. swim
    5. social dancing at Big City wine bar...do NOT drink any wine
    6. track exercise for the next week
    7. do meal planning/prep/tracking for the next 4 days
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday:

1. Walk at least 1.5 miles on work breaks
    2. Go for a run/walk after work (more walking than running but, it's a start)
    3. Control my boredom snacking at work and only eat the snacks I portioned out for myself this morning.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Good evening everyone! It's my quiet time so thought I would check in.

Thanks for the tips for avoiding Twinkies! Lol! My DH does the grocery shopping now that he is retired. He has a sweet tooth, as does our 17-year-old GD who lives with us. That is why there are Twinkies in the house! I am going to try the pre-logging approach this week and see if that helps! I've had some injuries, so as much as I enjoy taking walks with my dog, I have a hard time walking very far. Actually, I don't know what's up tonight but I can hardly walk through the house. I have issues with a tilted pelvis which, when out of whack, causes hip, back, knee and pelvic pain with walking. I need to get back to the chiropractor obviously but I'm stubborn. Keep thinking it will get better
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    JFT 24 Jul 2016
    1. Pre-log
    2. Prepare food for work
    3. Work fanny off
    4. Perform one random act of kindness
    5. Drink 6 glasses water

Karen in Virginia
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Saturday:
    Woah I am sore today! Not sure how much I am going to accomplish, but here are my goals:
    1. 12 glasses of water :) 14
    2. stick to meal plan :)
    3. NO GRAINS :)
    4. swim :)
    5. social dancing at Big City wine bar...do NOT drink any wine :)
    6. track exercise for the next week :)
    7. do meal planning/prep/tracking for the next 4 days :neutral: still need to work on food prep and tracking

Sunday:
    1. 12 glasses of water
    2. stick to meal plan
    3. NO GRAINS
    4. swim a mile
    5. try to make Latin dancing event in town...not sure if I will get home from a small trip in time
    6. do meal planning/prep/tracking for the next 4 days
  • cmcmlb29
    cmcmlb29 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Plan work week's lunches and dinners
    2. Drink 100 oz of water
    3. Spend 30 minutes working on organization of home since I think the disorganization leads to out of control eating.
    4. Stay as cool as possible and hope for an afternoon thunder storm in sunny hot Florida.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT Monday (7/25)
    1. Stick to pre-logged foods
    2. 80 oz of water
    3. Follow my goals for Week 1 challenge from Habit Stacking/52 small changes book
    4. Read 1st chapter of new 17-day diet book
    5. Random act of kindness
    6. Gratitude journal and entry in 2016 Smile jar

Tracie in WI
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Today Monday ( morning, all!)
    1.Stick to the1200
    2.Get to the woodwork and log the hours
    3.On the bike for at least 40 minutes
    4. Practice guitar
    5. Check back and declare what I did do!

• NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Monday 7/25:
    Get all of my water in
    Eat only "good" calories
    Do some leg work tonight
    Do not procrastinate at work...get it all done! lol