True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Sirick86
    Sirick86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I skipped a few reps tonight and ate biscuit and gravy for breakfast at the local Cracker Barrel grand opening lol
  • mefatpat2
    mefatpat2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I confess I did not know there was going to be a Sharknado 4 - awesome!!!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    s1ren1nk wrote: »
    im not confessing.. i remember the last time i fell for that trick.. im not kneeling infront of anyone! :p

@s1ren1nk Thank you for making me spit coffee on my key board and computer screen :-)
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    im not confessing.. i remember the last time i fell for that trick.. im not kneeling infront of anyone! :p

I confess I just came in to read all the confessions and this made me choke on my water. Thanks!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    im not kneeling in front of anyone! :p

Hmmmm...that sounds absolutely amazing right now actually. I confess it has been a very long time since I had someone do that.

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    K, so this might be a pretty deep one, and I know it's bad...

Sometimes I wish my deeply depressed and mentally ill little brother would just go ahead and do what he's been threatening and alluding to doing for the past two years... Instead of constantly refusing to show up to family gatherings and purposely causing drama and making everything about himself and always doing dumb little things to hurt my mom, (but all the while refusing heartfelt, and at times even professional help). At least then his pain would stop, and our pain as the family watching him suffer could come to an end. Because he's not getting better. He doesn't even want to try.
  • Timshel_
    Options

Sometimes I wish my deeply depressed and mentally ill little brother would just go ahead and do what he's been threatening and alluding to doing for the past two years...

His name isn't Dan is it? Got a similar friend in AZ doing the same stuff.

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Sometimes I wish my deeply depressed and mentally ill little brother would just go ahead and do what he's been threatening and alluding to doing for the past two years...

His name isn't Dan is it? Got a similar friend in AZ doing the same stuff.

No, not Dan, lol.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    No, not Dan, lol.

Meh. AZ has two doppelgangers.

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »

Sometimes I wish my deeply depressed and mentally ill little brother would just go ahead and do what he's been threatening and alluding to doing for the past two years... Instead of constantly refusing to show up to family gatherings and purposely causing drama and making everything about himself and always doing dumb little things to hurt my mom, (but all the while refusing heartfelt, and at times even professional help). At least then his pain would stop, and our pain as the family watching him suffer could come to an end. Because he's not getting better. He doesn't even want to try.

I confess this makes me really sad

Me too. It is what it is.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    I confess i totally fell off the wagon and lost my steam. :/
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    adremark wrote: »
    True Confession: I found out that the man I was dating for 6 months wasn't as 'separated' as he said he was. After ending the relationship, I sent an anonymous letter to his wife, making her aware of her husbands (2nd) affair.

Kudos to you for doing the right thing! The dirtbag had it coming!

Thank you @adremark ! I actually had to overnight the letter to a good friend in another part of the country and had her drop it in the mail so it wouldn't be traced back to me. Whatever happens after that is anyone's guess....

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

as someone who has been that depressed person in my family

wow i hope to hell my sister has never thought this about me
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »

I confess that This makes me sad and angry because when people are this sick, they're incapable of "trying". Thank god nobody gave up on me when I was depressed and suicidal, which still occasionally happens because mental illness doesn't just go away like a cold.

Hmm, I wonder what part of "don't judge" you and Marilyn Manson up there don't get... Thank you for the lecture on mental illness; as a longtime sufferer of clinical depression myself, (20+ years) I simply just don't understand how depression works.

Nice to see there's no judgement here, until someone dares (God-forbid!) say something actually controversial.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »

I confess that This makes me sad and angry because when people are this sick, they're incapable of "trying". Thank god nobody gave up on me when I was depressed and suicidal, which still occasionally happens because mental illness doesn't just go away like a cold.

Hmm, I wonder what part of "don't judge" you and Marilyn Manson up there don't get... Thank you for the lecture on mental illness; as a longtime sufferer of clinical depression myself, (20+ years) I simply just don't understand how depression works.

Nice to see there's no judgement here, until someone dares (God-forbid!) say something actually controversial. [/quote

I'm not judging you, just saying how it made me feel; sad, angry and greatful. And I would not expect someone who's experienced with depression would wish anyone to actually do that thing. Again, not a judgement, just a statement of fact.

And in referring to someone by anything other than their name is inappropriate.

I apologize if you felt judged or offended, that was not my intent, but if you post something serious and controversial, don't think you aren't going to get some comments.