100+ lbs to lose support group

Options

Replies

• spicybaer79
    Options
    Depo is bad stuff. I was on it for 2.5 years and it is what triggered my PCOS to come out of dormancy and kick in full throttle. It has been linked to causing PCOS as well. It also causes all kinds of problems with fertility..

I was put on depo when I was 15, had asked my doctors a couple of times about taking a break or switching to something different but they told me not to worry, I was fine. When I was 20 I got pregnant, and had a miscarriage. I got pregnant again, same thing, got pregnant a 3rd time, and I was sooo lucky to carry to term with my son. Again, 2 more miscarriages, but this time, I was lucky enough to meet a really great doctor that specializes in women's diseases and so on. We discussed my past, and as soon as I told him I was on depo and for how long he just shook his head. Apparently, not only was it the cause for my problems with getting and staying pregnant but it can also increase your risk of breast cancer by 85%. I really try to pass my story along just for the general knowledge, and to hopefully stop some heartache. I know I was terrified every time I got pregnant but I'm stubborn :smile: and I knew that if it was meant to be, it was meant to be.

Ok I hate that...So sorry you went through this all I can say is that I would never ever suggest Depo to ANYONE not even my worst enemy. I was unaware of the increase for Breast Cancer thats quite frightening considering I already have it on both sides of the family including my mother at the age of 42. Blah to dumb doctors who don't pay attention or really know there stuff!!! Best of luck and add me as a friend if you want.
  • spicybaer79
    Options
    Ok so I did terrible this last week with signing in and keeping track of everyone but I blame TOM for part of it. I did however do a really good job of watching what I was eating and exercising. This holiday weekend was sooo very busy but fun. I'm going to need a vacation to recover from too many late nights lol...Going camping on thursday so I wont be back on till sunday or monday. Hope everyone had a great week...Welcome to all the new folks.
    Thanks for all your support you guys..
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    so I am pretty happy. No weight loss this week, right? BUT..... I lost a total of 10 inches int he last week! Is that incredible or what? 30ds- you are my hero!
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    so I am pretty happy. No weight loss this week, right? BUT..... I lost a total of 10 inches int he last week! Is that incredible or what? 30ds- you are my hero!

holy crap, congrats, girl!! that is amazing!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    . My children really like the fact that I am putting myself first because i can do more with them. the first time i went bike riding with my 11 yr old daughter she said mom you losing weight is the best thing that has ever happened to our family.....LOL. How is that for encouragement....heehee

That made me tear up a little! So sweet.

I also like the 10 lb at a time idea. small attainable goals.
  • LaceyBeauty
    LaceyBeauty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 100+ pounds overweight... I've been doing MFP for 3 weeks and have already lost 14 pounds! I'd love to be a part of this group!

I'm 28, married, 2 stepsons, 1 miniature dachshund and I'm a hairdresser. I've been overweight most of my life and can't actually remember when I weighed under 200 pounds... I dream of "one-der land" and being a normal size (10 or 12). I've been making good food choices and working out several times a week. This is the first time I've actually stuck with something without feeling like it's a "diet", this is a lifestyle... and a choice. I'm choosing to become the person I want to be.

Let's encourage one another! I'm in!
  • raven6704
    raven6704 Posts: 16
    Options
    count me in!
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    10 inches is SUPER!!! WTG!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi Lacey... 14lbs in three weeks... Something to be proud of... My first weigh in is Friday... so I'll see how this week has gone.. I am engaged, and have a 9 month old son.. and can't remember the last time I was in Onederland. I remember graduating highschool @ a whopping 211.

Keep up the good work!!
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    welcome to the newbies. :) we have an amzing support group going on here, so jump on in!
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Amanda. I'm a 31 yo new mom to a beautiful 5 mo daughter. I've been heavy all my life and didn't really care because I figured that was just how I was supposed to be. Since my baby was born I've been diagnosed with PPD and was put on meds to help. With a new and more positive outlook on life, I realized I need to lose weight so that my little girl will have her mommy around for a long long time, and so I can run and play with her. So I started three weeks ago at 277 and want to get down to 150 by the time my baby turns 2.

Feel free to friend me. :)
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I have been a yoyo for as many years as I can count. Did the fads, WW, you name it. I even joined this site several years ago but never used it. (Thats why my join month looks kinda old.) Anyway so now I find myself in my early 50's heavier than I've ever been with arhtritis developing in my knees. CRAP I say, I'm too young for that! I have been tracking now on MFP for a month today and I have lost 11 lbs and my knees are feeling marginally better. I had a couple back weeks of tracking while I was working night shift, but at least I planned my foods and stayed within my calories. Did a whole lot of walking those nights which didn't help my knees at all. So I would like to be part of the group and need friends for support(which works both ways). Friend me if you wish. Have a happy and successful day.:flowerforyou:
  • pitbullmama
    Options
    Am I missing something? How do you keep track of the group?
  • LaceyBeauty
    LaceyBeauty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I really can't believe how easily it's coming off this time. I think it's mostly water right now, but it's weight none the less! I finally made up my mind and am following through. We can beat this! You are awesome and I know your first weigh in will be fabulous!
  • Nurse2u
    Nurse2u Posts: 3
    Options
    I would love to find friends as well with 100 or so pounds to lose. If anyone wants to add me as well.
  • kimmisatch
    kimmisatch Posts: 105
    Options
    How is the challenge going girls??

Grr I am so gutted, I have made my diary private again as someone critisised that I didn't have vegetables in my dinner two days in a row. Really annoyed me as it was a big deal for me to share my diary. And., I did have vegetables one of the nights but it was logged as prepared so I assumed one would think that was a one stop shop for the whole meal.

I haven't decided if I will make it public again,

Bah that's my rant for now, I will get over it soon enough, I have been stewing over it for like 2 days.

Soooooo, anyway hope you all have a fab weekend. Am going to visit hubby's daughter in Chch tomorrow night (Christchurch is about 5hrs away from my town for those not in NZ) and back on Sunday so no logging until I am back anyway.

You are all doing so wonderful !!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    Am I missing something? How do you keep track of the group?
    I don't really keep track of everyone, but whoever wants and neds to post on here to rant, for motivation, confession, or support, is free to do so. People have dropped out, new people come. Some of us stay the same. However it happens, we all know that we have one spot we can go to inorder to talk to other people who know exactly what we're going through....
  • Josette79
    Josette79 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to join this group! It's easy to get discouraged with so much weight to lose and I really want to stick with this this time and get the weight off. it will be nice to have some people to talk to who are going through the same situation;-)
  • pitbullmama
    Options
    Good day ladies:drinker: Being that we're all in the same boat here, I have a question for those of you that I felt would be best posted here. What are you doing to help keep your boobs from heading south? I have had major weight losses and gains all my life and the boobies are wayyyy south of the border if you know what I mean:frown: Anyone have an excercise thats been working for them?
  • phany76
    phany76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello i have been struggling to loose weigh for years. I know part of the reason for my struggle is inconsistency, but i am determined to change that and a support group i know will help, so count me in!