Options

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    jaxass wrote: »
    I hate to admit this, but I'm deeply troubled by my father and his mental stability, as well as his health. Earlier this summer, he had hip replacement surgery, which was needed. However, his 80 year old body hasn't taken it so well. He's still in pain, sleeps more than he's awake and he's lost 25 lbs in about a month. He rarely eats, exercises (walks) or does anything to improve his condition. It's difficult watching this continue...and I'm here every single day taking care of both mom and dad. I finally had enough this morning and told him that if he can't do what he needs to do in his home, he MUST check himself into a rehab hospital.

So I confess: I'm in pain for my parents.

Sorry, not to be a downer. At least it's HUMP DAY!

OMG @jaxass - I'm in the same boat :( My father has bone cancer that recently spread to his lungs. Since he found out he hasn't done anything for himself ("I feel like *kitten* today" is what he always says). He won't get up and get his own glass of water. The other day he shouted up to me in my bedroom to come downstairs to get him the remote for the TV. This morning he wouldn't go out to the front steps to get the newspaper so I had to rush out of the shower to get it for him. My mom was just released from the hospital after having a bad accident ... I told my boss just yesterday that I have no life for myself because I'm taking care of them all the time. True Confession: I'm getting really tired of taking care of my aging parents :(

Wow Tracy that's tough. When it rains it pours.
    My dad had a tumour removed last year and the same week he came home my mom fell and broke her ankle.
    Dad's cancer returned so we deal with that and my mom has Parkinsons. We're trying to get them to sell their house and move into some sort of facility but they fight it every step. My mom will just shrug and say well you're the sandwich generation.
    Somedays I feel like running away

Me, too! I fantasize about running away to someplace like Iceland lololol My mom also has Parkinsons :(

Also, my son decided to transfer to a college 3 hours away - and we don't qualify for financial aid. I'm telling ya - Iceland is looking better and better every day!

OMG I guess your son is getting a job! :)
    it's tough. Let's run away together. I've always wanted to go to Iceland

yeah - we can go check out the fjords and whatnot!

• PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    K, so this might be a pretty deep one, and I know it's bad...

Sometimes I wish my deeply depressed and mentally ill little brother would just go ahead and do what he's been threatening and alluding to doing for the past two years... Instead of constantly refusing to show up to family gatherings and purposely causing drama and making everything about himself and always doing dumb little things to hurt my mom, (but all the while refusing heartfelt, and at times even professional help). At least then his pain would stop, and our pain as the family watching him suffer could come to an end. Because he's not getting better. He doesn't even want to try.

My mother in law is the same way. It's hell. I understand your frustration. She's managed to alienate her whole family. I take care of her and my FIL now bc honestly I'm the only one who can stand it. She's hated me for 28 years so her hatefulness doesn't affect me the way it does her kids. We are at a loss, it's hard to deal with everyday when we dont know what to do to help....and she doesnt want our help, so everyday is a fight and a struggle. The last 4 weeks have been particularly bad, so I'm at the end of my rope too. All you can do is hold on and pray for better days. I just keep going bc shes my husbands mother, and I love him. In the end I will not have him left not only with the damage shes done but with guilt as well. When its over he will know we did all we could. I hope things improve for you and your family.
  • benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    bugzinc wrote: »
    bwahahaha...you lie about your confessions...So does that mean you confess more then you say you do and you lie about the amount of confessions or that the context of said confessions is a lie....this could go in a circle.

Exactly!
    You never know!!!
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I want a funnel cake and fried oreos.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Caitlinbc wrote: »
    I want a funnel cake and fried oreos.

I <3 Fried Oreos!
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I confess that I almost did something super shady and awful this week. I was upset with my SO for lying to me about something stupid involving the work trip they are at all week, and I made plans to get drinks with someone who has in the past made it very clear they did not care I am in a relationship, and just wants to "have fun together".

I did check myself fortunately, and cancelled on this other person (with 2 days notice) after realizing how vindictive I was being. What's worse, is that I told my SO that I had made plans with this person, but realized it was a bad decision and cancelled, and I was told that they didnt mind if I went because they completely trusted me. My intentions were not good, and I did not deserve that trust.
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @saragreen012 wow....what a cliff hanger.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I'm saddened to hear Tracy's and Synchkat's stories. We seem to be close to our parents, which probably makes it more difficult. I, too, am tired, but they took care of me for 18 years, I figured I can give a few months back to them. My prayers are with you two, and anyone who is going through the agony of watching their parents in pain and suffering.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Caitlinbc wrote: »
    There will always be a place in my heart for Taco Bell.

I do love Taco Bell...

• AshleyCesta
    AshleyCesta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I confess I ate a bowl of shredded cheese mixed with pizza sauce last night!!!
  • nukephysics
    nukephysics Posts: 406 Member
    Options

guilty of that.
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I confess, the last time I made whoopie, I day dreamed about an MFP friend.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    lulufit5 wrote: »
    I confess I don't know him at all but for some reason I'm curious which friend lol

I confess the same. are we too nosey
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I put my hat on at the pool and wondered where my sunglasses were. They were on top of my head under my hat.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Always a good snack
  • G085H173
    G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I confess I dumped a gorgeous Italian girlfriend who went like a bunny because I couldn't suffer the fact she didn't like wine, mushrooms, Parma ham or Parmesan cheese.