Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Staying below maintenance and getting your steps in? Great NSVs!!!

@bluepoppies777 You are rocking it being back on plan! I agree that this October challenge has definitely helped to get me back in the right mindset too

@FitEqualsSmile Do you use an app like trendweight or happyscale for when you weigh everyday? It might help with the mental game of fluctuations

@RueJue Welcome!!

@janetay01 Good luck with the meal prepping! Let us know if you find any new fun recipes. Also, TGIF!!!

@willburton174 I struggle with that balance too sometimes. It helps if I schedule my workouts in advance. That way I can plan what I am working and when and also plan rest days. Meeting with a personal trainer may help too with the intensity aspects
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    I am soooooo glad it's Friday today! I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. My SO and I are going to bike to a neighboring town and explore for the day. I'm excited that he's always game to do an active date with me <3. I hope everyone has an amazing Friday as well!

gxhwceuciuhr.jpg
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Well, I think I may have been a little too ambitious about trying all 8 30 day challenges. I have decided that I will stick with 4 of them, and then when I am done with those 4, then I will start the other 4 again. That might be more doable! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 Such a fun age. My son used to eat everything and then at the age of 3 decided he hated almost everything. He is now 7 and I am just starting to convince him that he likes some of the things he used to love. It is hard to plan meals when you have a picky eater.

@ShyCush6 A whole day crafting, sounds fun. I am not a very crafty person, but I would love a day to do one of my hobbies. I am so impressed at how close you are to your daughter. I wish I was that close with my oldest.

@willburton174 I think a lot of us struggle with that. Just remember it is a process, and sometimes it takes time to improve.

@Rachel0778 Thanks! I take them where I can get them. Sounds like a fun and exciting date to me. My SO is working this Saturday, so sounds like I will be doing a lot of unpacking/laundry on my own. I was thinking I might take the kids to their new school. They start in 2.5 weeks! Eek so much sooner than the other school district we were in.

Yesterday I had the munchies, wasn't sure what I was craving. I just wanted to eat everything. At one point I wanted guacamole, but we had none. I settled for a bowl of cottage cheese and still managed to not eat everything in sight. I only had 2 bites of the bowl of ice cream SO was eating.
  • MeinProgress
    MeinProgress Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bh90do3w7gg4.jpg

Happy Meme Friday!!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    0vvzs44q19dc.png
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! It's a long weekend in Canada, so we've got Monday off. (I took all of next week off, so I'm extra excited that it's Friday today). We are going away for the long weekend, so I will have to be very mindful with the amount of food and wine that goes down the hatch!
    Dana - I wondered how the heck you were going to do all 8 of those 30 day app challenges! LOL! Glad you decided on 4, and then do the other 4, that makes sense. I looked at the ab one and by the end of the 30 days it is something like 125 sit-ups, 200 crunches, plus planks and leg raises. Yikes!
    Rachel, that sounds like an awesome date to me, exactly what I would do with my hubs! I love active dates, they are the best!
    Weigh in results: I am down 1 lb! I actually thought it might be 1.5, because the scale was moving around a bit, but I just took the 1. 9 to go by October 1!
    Hope everyone has an awesome day and weekend - don't forget to exercise today! :)
  • margie633
    margie633 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site I'd like to lose at least 30 lbs. I'm 59 and in good health except for weight. My husband and I enjoy going out to eat and a good glass of wine. Looking for any advice and encouragement
  • MeinProgress
    Options
    Welcome @margie633 - Post often...fun group
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Holy crud it has been a busy day. I have gym'ed for an hour, grocery shopped mowed the lawn and for some reason decided to trim back the trees in the backyard. I got tired of fighting them when I was mowing. If that does not get me to my calorie burn goal I don't know what will.

Had my first appointment with the pain management clinic. They reviewed all my X-ray's and my MRI and I got the best news possible, just basic advanced arthritis that is causing the radiating pain. So I am going to start cortisone shots on Monday in my neck. Hopefully it will help and I will be back to full strength.

On a fun not I have a new UPS man, hunka hunka...I think I will be ordering even more from Amazon, hehe.

Have a great weekend if I don't have time to check back in. We are watching out twin nieces this weekend so holy busy.

Karen

Joy - I am so jealous of the kayaking. I miss the water.

Rachel - I am a big happy scale girl. Been using it for a while. Love to see the arc go from red on the way to green.

Janet - great job on staying away from the muchies. That is a true NSV.

Joy - great job on the 1 pound lose!!

@margie633 - welcome aboard.
  • juanitagardner07
    juanitagardner07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am 41 and would like to lose another 40 or so pounds. I have been on here since the end of April and have lost 26 pounds so far... I too work at a desk all day, have been for the last 9 years or so. I have put on a lot of weight since then. WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me - I offer tips all the time! my diary is open
  • MeinProgress
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile - Nothing wrong with a little eye candy

I just found out that my 11 year old, who has been playing soccer since she was 5, did not make a team this year....I have no idea how I am going to break it to her...Poor Baby :(

• melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group. I have actually reached my goal wait however I struggle with maintenance so was hoping this would help ❤️
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That's goal weight!
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Back after a long absence! Quick recap: lost Nan to cancer end of last year, dad was and still is severely ill - we finally know what is wrong with him though after 7 months of tests and appointments. He has a cyst on his T10-T11 veterbrae and needs an operation to remove and to fuse the vertebrae after that to re-stabilise his spine since it's currently being pushed out of line by the cyst. He's dropped from 12st in weight to under 10st now and is still going however and they can't tell us if this is related to the cyst or not. So me and my husband are still running around lots since he's unable to drive. I've put back on the half a stone I managed to lose at the beginning of the year but am determined to just try again. I have my diet protein shakes ready and my gym membership waiting for me - that's tomorrow's goal of this cough I have doesn't prevent me from doing too much! Current Weight: 15st 10.4lbs First Goal: 3lbs lost
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @melsouth1972 We would love to have you! It is pretty much check in as your life allows. Almost everyone checks is during the week, weekends are usually quiet.

@Samgrim91 Welcome back, Sorry to hear about Nan, and your dad. I am sure your dad is lucky to have you, glad they have a plan to start helping him recover. I am very happy that you are starting to take time for yourself. It is important when taking care of other people, that you take time for you to recharge. Best of luck.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @danan01 Great idea, what 4 did you decide on? And my dream is totally to eat all day and not gain an ounce!

@MeinProgress That's rough news for an 11 year old. I can't believe it's that competitive! Is there a different team she can play on?

@juanitagardner07, @melsouth1972, and @margie633 Welcome!

@FitEqualsSmile Gotta love a little eye candy to brighten the day ;) Maybe this is Amazon Prime's new marketing strategy?

@bluepoppies777 Congrats on your loss! Doing anything fun for the long weekend?

@jdelaroy Great NSV with the ice cream! I have a hard time too when those cravings hit!

@health_guard Those berries look delicious, looks like your primed for a good healthy week. I'm not sure what to do with a teenager but I can say there's no way to make a teenager do anything unless they want to do it themselves. Making healthier recipes and asking her if she wants to join you for a walk/fun active activity is about the best I can think of.

@Samgrim91 Sorry to hear about your Nan. It sounds like you've had a lot of stress to combat. Welcome back!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Had a wonderful weekend. I ended up eating almost 1000 over budget on Saturday, but I did a 2 hour Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, biked 17 miles, and walked the dog for an hour that same day so I'm calling it even. I didn't weigh in this morning because I still feel sodium bloated but I'll check in once I feel more evened out since I'm still in for the challenge!