Dark chocolate do people know why?

Options

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Does anyone eat 99%? Sometimes I buy the Lindt one and eat the whole bar. I've gotten used to the taste and if you dip it in a little coffee it gets all melty. It's definitely extreme tho

I eat Ghirardelli 100%, and absolutely love it. Even when I was a kid, I found even the 70-80% stuff to be too sweet.
  • gatorsong
    gatorsong Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat 99%? Sometimes I buy the Lindt one and eat the whole bar. I've gotten used to the taste and if you dip it in a little coffee it gets all melty. It's definitely extreme tho

I eat Ghirardelli 100%, and absolutely love it. Even when I was a kid, I found even the 70-80% stuff to be too sweet.

I love Ghirardelli as well. It's the only chocolate I buy outside of an indulgence when I get a Godiva truffle, which is about once or twice a year.

My general go to one is the Intense Dark, 72%. I will occasionally get the Midnight Reverie, 86% as well. I have also recently discovered the flavored ones. I absolutely love the Cabernet Matinee one. I find that regular chocolate just doesn't satisfy my chocolate cravings anymore. I enjoy the taste, but I want more, where one square of Ghirardelli kills my sweet tooth.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    Lot of calories, not as low as most think.

Yeah, I actually eat dark chocolate to increase my calorie intake, to prevent weight loss. The calories mainly come from the fat.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

You like? Maybe I'll order some online. You don't see it around really. Though I live in NYC so I could probably just go to the Ghirardelli store.

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    100%? So basically no sugar baking chocolate? I have tasted it before and I liked it. I have liked anything from 64% and up. Depends on the brand. I seem to like 80% best. That is a sweet treat of dark chocolate. Lower cocoa and starts losing the dark chocolate flavor. And starts tasting sweet, but lacking in flavor.
  • arditarose
    Options
    So does the Ghirardelli 100% taste better than baking chocolate or what? Why would it?

Now I want some dark *kitten* chocolate.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I do not know why people voluntarily eat dark chocolate. That *kitten* is vile.

Dark Chocolate is my FAVORITE type of chocolate... And that's why I eat it voluntarily...
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't stand around the leg press eating chocolate lol

I do. :D
  • arditarose
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »

Thank you.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I manage a chocolate shop and we sell 100% chocolate, zero sugar obviously, but it's not classed as cooking chocolate. I'm never really sure why there is cooking chocolate to be honest.....
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    You actually think anyone in your gym cares about you eating 2 pieces of chocolate...actually what you doing eating in the gym ..that's unneccessary ...eat it when you leave

:bigsmile:

To clarify I eat it in the changing room before I either use the sauna or get showered before I make my way home a 20min drive at peak times. By the time I get home I'm nearly fainting with hunger with being on a diet. I don't stand around the leg press eating chocolate lol

Any gym I've been in had rules about no eating in the workout and locker room areas. Only things allowed are drinks in a container with a cap.
  • chrisleyland314
    chrisleyland314 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Guys lol!

This post is about the reported health benefits of dark chocolate 70%+ I mentioned the point about the funny looks I got from eating dark chocolate because I was trying to signify that some people pre-conceived ideas about good and bad food.

The fact I was eating 2 squares of dark chocolate in a clean changing room is irrelevant. I wasn't sitting down and tucking a napkin into my t-shirt and getting my cutlery out digging in to a 3 course meal. Again, I was painting the whole picture the point I was trying to make seems to have missed some people.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Guys lol!

This post is about the reported health benefits of dark chocolate 70%+ I mentioned the point about the funny looks I got from eating dark chocolate because I was trying to signify that some people pre-conceived ideas about good and bad food.

The fact I was eating 2 squares of dark chocolate in a clean changing room is irrelevant. I wasn't sitting down and tucking a napkin into my t-shirt and getting my cutlery out digging in to a 3 course meal. Again, I was painting the whole picture the point I was trying to make seems to have missed some people.

I don't think we missed the point. Some people are just bored. Anyway, I'd like to talk more about eating in the gym.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »

Thank you.

That's what Tootsie Pops are for. Everyone knows Tootsie Rolls are the greatest chocolate of all. High quality there.
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Less sugar!
  • inezbruce
    Options
    Less carbs!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    inezbruce wrote: »
    Less carbs!

More fat! Lots of calories!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Highest I had was 90%. I like it. Hmm I'm going to get groceries in a bit, maybe I'll get some.

There's a warning on the package, basically for stupid people lol. It is intense but the whole bar has less than 300 calories. I think the package says 220 but that is one thing I have found to weigh more, by a long shot, than what the package says.

I could have gotten the Lindt one but it was 2.50 for 50 grams vs. cheaper brand 85% at 1 Euro for 100, so I compromised and did not satisfy my curiosity.
  • inezbruce
    edited August 2016
    Options
    inezbruce wrote: »
    Less carbs!

More fat! Lots of calories!

An avocado has more fat then a chicken breast, its not always a bad thing :)
    The ingredients in lidnt 90% are far better then in Cadburys dairy milk.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    faramelee wrote: »
    I manage a chocolate shop and we sell 100% chocolate, zero sugar obviously, but it's not classed as cooking chocolate. I'm never really sure why there is cooking chocolate to be honest.....

Baking chocolate is made of the "crappy" 100% chocolate. It doesn't need to be so strict with how it's made.