Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options
zyxst
zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
A thread for those of us who eat more than raw vegetables. This includes cooked, processed, bagged, canned, baked, fried, stewed, dried, pickled, stolen from your neighbor's garden, etc..

Today I've eaten lettuce, onions, bell peppers, golden raisins, Craisins (dried cranberries), hummus, sun-dried tomatoes, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and a strawberry.

What did you eat today?

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Today just cabbage, apples, grapes, green beans
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Piel de sapo melon, cauliflower, pear, beets, mashed potatoes, onion, peaches, broccoli.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I had an orange for breakfast, mashed sweet potatoes with my lunch and zucchini with dinner so far. Probably have a nectarine or apple later for snack tonight.
  • JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a banana, an apple and grilled asparagus today! Also a handful of golden raisins and cranberries.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Today I had an apple with breakfast, a big bowl of microwaved vegetables (kale, sliced baby carrots, red onion, mushrooms) which chicken and pistachios for lunch, and some grilled zucchini with mushrooms and my own version of southern style green beans (green beans, red onion, lots of vinegar) for dinner. I also have been snacking on some cherry tomatoes and radishes and have some frozen cherries prelogged for a bedtime snack.

I love my vegetables. <3
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I made a huge salad with raw grated:

red cabbage
    white cabbage
    cauliflower
    Broccoli
    Capsicum
    Tomatoes
    Carrots

Mix in some hellmans mayo and pepper, it tastes better than it sounds.
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. I'm actually trying to improve my veggie intake. I've started eating half an avocado in the mornings as part of breakfast so I had that today. I think that's it for my veggie intake lol. I have a ways to go.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I've been meaning to start a thread like this. It's motivating to see the f&v others are consuming, and I want to get in the 7 servings I'm supposed to (but don't). Love to see how people have prepared them or what they are paired with too. I didn't get my 7 servings in today, only 4 in fact:

Tomato - with my egg at breakfast
    Apple - dipped in peanut butter
    Peas - prepared from frozen, 1 c (2 servings)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I sure did! I had fresh corn on the cob, some raw broccoli, some left over edamame, some olives, some peppers and some fresh garlic, half an avocado. I forgot to put the berries in my yogurt this morning!

I just prepared some pintos, and have now put those in the crockpot with some chicken and chiles. YUM.

ETA: GREAT THREAD!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Only had some grapes and green beans today.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    veggies yes, fruit not yet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Dark leafy greens, cucumber, mushrooms, zucchini, red cabbage. Only fruit is avocado. I'm not really on the fruit train.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Dark leafy greens, cucumber, mushrooms, zucchini, red cabbage. Only fruit is avocado. I'm not really on the fruit train.

Thank you! I forgot the half an avocado I had earlier.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Thank you! I forgot the half an avocado I had earlier.

Mmm can't forget that. I treated myself to a good 150 grams today.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, lettuce, and tomato so far. Bell pepper, mushrooms, and a steamer bag of mixed veggies still to come.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Banana, cantaloupe, arugula, blueberries, strawberries, melon, pear, spinach. Yummy.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Not much today. Cleaning up leftovers.

Fruits: Galia Melon, and Watermelon
    Vegetables: Carrots and Cabbage

Some people say potato is a vegetable, so add that if you like.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. I'm actually trying to improve my veggie intake. I've started eating half an avocado in the mornings as part of breakfast so I had that today. I think that's it for my veggie intake lol. I have a ways to go.

Hmm, I think that's a fruit you just ate. Still need some vegetables for today's quota.
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @TonyB0588 lol see what I mean? I have a lot to learn lol