Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I didn't get much today. I was out hiking and underpacked a bit. I just had a couple of cucumbers, nuts, a bit of artichoke, and blueberries.
  • LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fruit and vegetable accountability....oh boy....not the best day for me-Butter lettuce and tomato salad, watermelon, grapes, potatoes (okaay it was fries :s )
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Does anyone feel fresh and uumm "healthier" after a day filled with veggies? I do, but it's probably the placebo effect.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    a date, yellow and red bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms, half an avocado, strawberries, and raspberries. Not my most shining veggie day...
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Black grapes for breakfast, a can of drained pineapple chunks for lunch and probably a can of drained peaches for dinner. I have to keep my sodium intake at a reasonable level and fruits are a good way to get carbs while keeping sodium down.

As for veggies, I may have a salad to go with those peaches.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I had fried green tomatoes, with pimento cheese and bacon on top. Does that count :).
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I need to go back to the grocery store and stock up, I didn't have much today, just some apples, corn, avocado, and leafy Greens. Yesterday I had apples, zucchini, leafy Greens, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, green beans, avocado, corn, red peppers, onions, and sun dried tomatoes.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I ate daikon, carrots, celery, bell pepper, kiwi, oranges, squash, tomatoes, onion, garlic, kale, and chiles today.
  • mycoffeetherapy
    mycoffeetherapy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Peppers, lettuce, cucumbers....no fruit
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Does anyone feel fresh and uumm "healthier" after a day filled with veggies? I do, but it's probably the placebo effect.

Maybe not. They got lots of vitamins and minerals, water, plus a bunch of fiber.
  • karinabree
    karinabree Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to make veggies the main part of my breakfast! Always make them with eggs
    Breakfast: (cooked) whole zucchini, green onion and mushrooms
    Lunch: (raw) beans red pepper celery banana
    Dinner: avacado, cantaloupe (fruits but ah well)
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was lots of spinach and broccoli, 2 bananas, blueberries and an apple. I'd been craving them all, except the apple, I ate that to get my calorie intake up.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

Mentally, no. My body is probably happy about getting the vitamins and minerals but my brain just wants fats and carbs and salt.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Yesteday, I had a mixture of carrots, lettuce, and tomatoes for breakfash.

Lunch veggies were kale, daikon radish, and sweet potato. Fruit was 200g of papaya.

I only had an orange for dinner. The fish I ate was pretty heavy!

Breakfast veggies are the same today; lunch is up in the air; dinner is some green beans and more papaya.
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm having carrots, onions and tomatoes with dinner.

Lunch is going to be canned soup which has some veggies - like tomatoes, swede, parsnip, leeks, onion, red pepper, spinach and chickpeas - but not in large quantities. Still, it all helps. Oh, and a small jar of mini pickles.

I have a couple of apples set aside for a snack tonight.

I don't worry about my fruit/veg intake too much. Some days are better than others but I figure it'll all balance out in the end.
  • debradonothin
    debradonothin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bell pepper,onion,tomato,cucumber and lettuce
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yesterday had spinach, fennel, banana, strawberries, watermelon, cucumber, tomato, onions (all raw), and broccoli, kale, peppers, all cooked.

Today had cantaloupe, cucumber, fennel, banana, and spinach with breakfast. I've been eating way more fruit than usual lately -- mostly seasonal but I currently have some bananas I need to use up before they go bad, too.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had banana, apple, grapes, romaine, tomatoes, cukes, broccoli, onions, red peppers
    So far today, I've had a banana....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Well, it's only 7:50 am but I have plans to eat a giant salad and nectarine for lunch. And then probably a plum as my bedtime snack.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Maybe a little Placebo effect, but it seems pretty reasonable I feel better after eating those than after eating a sleeve of oreos. Well, my body feels better. The taste buds are disappointed.