All of you pumpkin spice aficionado's

Options

Replies

• battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK, pumpkin spice isn't a big thing here. But I manage to get a few bits from Amazon, like pumpkin spice coffee syrup, M&Ms and Hershey's kisses. They're kind of expensive though. A bag of the M&Ms can go for £3-ish at the cheapest time, up to £8-9. There's someone on Amazon trying to sell them for almost £40 + £10 shipping.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hope228 wrote: »
    I can't wait for Trader Joe's Pumpkin goodies!

Mine is always out of stock after a week. Talk about a big downer.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Nasty.
    The only good tasting pumpkin anything is Libby's Pumpkin Roll.
    And I did make awesome pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last year that everyone at work raved about. Other than that, pumpkin is nasty. I don't even eat pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    svel713 wrote: »
    My local Walmart already has Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice liquid creamer available so I'm already living the pumpkin spice life. Usually appears there in late July.

OMG!

I love adding a bit of this to oatmeal (with pumpkin puree of course). But hot oatmeal in August....hmmm.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    This thread is going to kill me. I'm pumpkin spice crazy like all y'all, but I live in a far, faraway land where they just don't do pumpkin anything. They don't even have all of the individual spices. If I want a pumpkin pie I have to cook a pumpkin, bake it from scratch and make sure I have imported all the right ingredients. They don't even sell canned pumpkin, OR frozen pie crusts!! PIE!! They have no friggin PIE (of any kind)! I am going to cry into my pillow tonight over those cheerios.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Pumpkin spice crullers. Such an important part of fall.
    709lcm2nf2c0.jpg

I think my husband would squeal like a little girl if he came home and saw these lol, do you know where they sell them?
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    This thread is going to kill me. I'm pumpkin spice crazy like all y'all, but I live in a far, faraway land where they just don't do pumpkin anything. They don't even have all of the individual spices. If I want a pumpkin pie I have to cook a pumpkin, bake it from scratch and make sure I have imported all the right ingredients. They don't even sell canned pumpkin, OR frozen pie crusts!! PIE!! They have no friggin PIE (of any kind)! I am going to cry into my pillow tonight over those cheerios.

Where on earth do you live?!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Germany. They just don't do pumpkin. And like you, if I am able to find something online, the cost is ridiculous.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    709lcm2nf2c0.jpg

I think my husband would squeal like a little girl if he came home and saw these lol, do you know where they sell them?

We live in the US (southeast) and they carry them at pretty much all of our local grocery stores in the fall. Food lion, Harris Teeter, Walmart. I hope you can find them! :smile:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I love pumpkin spice season! Kicks off my absolute favorite stretch of the year (fall through Christmas). I have a Trader Joe's about 15 min from my house, yet somehow never knew or thought to check out whether they had lots of pumpkin stuff!! :o Now I'm so excited to check it out!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    709lcm2nf2c0.jpg

We live in the US (southeast) and they carry them at pretty much all of our local grocery stores in the fall. Food lion, Harris Teeter, Walmart. I hope you can find them! :smile:

Awesome thank you! I hope so too, will definitely look for them. I did find the pumpkin entenmann's last fall and those were delish too but those look amazing :p
    d2eanabog02v.jpg

• 143tobe
    edited August 2016
    Options
    709lcm2nf2c0.jpg

Awesome thank you! I hope so too, will definitely look for them. I did find the pumpkin entenmann's last fall and those were delish too but those look amazing :p
    d2eanabog02v.jpg

:o:|:/:(:'(:s
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I am kind of a sucker for pumpkin spice anything, and I try everything I see. The only thing I have not liked (so far) is the Quest bars and chewing gum. I love the coffemate, and the coffee. I am looking forward to the Cheerios and will be in line to buy them. It says they are made with pumpkin puree. The donuts (both Krispy Kreme & Entenmann's) both look amazing. There was a pumpkin spice fluff recipe here the first year I was on MFP (2012) it is delicious. I make it all year round. Just Cool Whip, a can of pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. The recipe says to use it as a dip for ginger snaps or graham crackers. I eat it with a spoon.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Any one tried the pumpkin spice peanut butter?
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    I wonder if the pumpkin spice Thomas English muffins will be back this year? They made a nice treat with a smear of cream cheese and didn't break the calorie budget.

I have never seen those around here. Going to have to keep my eye out for them this fall. That does sound good!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    For all you pumpkin spice lovers out there...

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pumpkin-soup

You must try this recipe, but for best results update *kitten* follows -

1) *most important* make your own purée from fresh pumpkin. Trust me, canned just gives you a boring, flat flavor.

2) add some broth to your onions mixture, maybe 1/3 of total amount. Then put in blender and liquefy until no onion chuck remain. Then transfer back to sauce pan add remaining broth and continue per instructions. This creates a creamier soup with no lumps.

3) cut out the salt and pepper and add more spices. Particularly pumpkin spice, but cinnamon, more nutmeg, clove, all spice all work well. I also add more brown sugar to taste.

**dont worry about the heavy cream, there is so much other healthy stuff in this dish that it is still low cal**

I can't tell you how many people I have fed this too that were skeptical, and ended up coming back for seconds, thirds and more.

You are all welcome :-)