JM 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm on L1D6 today!! Scale is the same at 143 but I'm not going to measure inches until the end. I will say, I'm anxious to start level 2!!! I can do all the exercises of level 1 without watching the video now (but i still watch it for the timing). For you all who have started level 2, did you find it much more challenging?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for level 2 to begin. It is my favorite of the 3!

I just finished day 6 (lvl 1) not 5 minutes ago. Pouring sweat and feeling great. :happy:
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey how is everyone eating with the shred? I'm on L1D6 today and even though it's still early in the game I'm scared that I wont see a difference at the end. The cardio is getting easier but the side lunges with anterior raises still kicks my butt! I admit I had pizza one day and taco bell the next, but mostly been eating brown rice. Here's another thing, I haven't been eating as much. Been feeling really sick after every time I eat so it makes it hard to eat a lot or more than 2 times a day because of it. Any suggestions?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I haven't been eating well. I have trouble eating enough food during the day, so to 'fix' that I will tell myself it is ok to eat pizza and fast food. My calorie counts are good but my belly is flab. Today is the first day of a 28 day meal plan I found online and I am really hoping I can get all the calories I need and eat healthy! I still have 23 workouts to go - I think that is plenty of time to really see a difference :D
  • kellylou1367
    kellylou1367 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Completed D6L1, can definitely feel it getting easier now and cannot wait to start L2 for something a bit different. I have just bought the Brazil Butt Lift and Hip Hop Abs, going to wait a little bit before the HHA but going to start bringing in some BBL with the 30DS starting on Monday. Kinda disappointed myself today and did have a little sneaky peek with the tape measure around my waist just to see if it actually is making a difference and the results are well inspirational to keep at it but I will post full measurements and pics when it is all complete.

Keep it up everyone, you are all doing great!
  • Christina269
    Christina269 Posts: 110
    Options
    I just completed L1D1 yesterday - Loved it!
  • kellylou1367
    kellylou1367 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    skpresley20: It's those side lunges what I struggle with too and the push ups, I'm having to really push myself on those exercises so hoping by the end of the 30 days I will have achieved some improvement with my upper body strength because I just have none haha!
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Finished level 1 today,looking for to the next level,I incorperated zumba 3 days a week with shred,started to see a little defination in waistline already and only a third done with the DVD hoprfully will see some weight lost,I'm not getting on the scale or measuring till I done.Keep at it..We can do this!!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Edens-good job on day 1!! if you have a HRM then add it in...if you don't, circuit training seems to be the closest thing to it!

vinnysgirl-go get it girl!!! and yup...circuit training it is :)

earth-I am NOT lookin at it until I do it either!! :laugh: I agree...way less intimidating if I don't know what it holds in store for me!

Evotchka/Courtney/Sarah-I feel your pain ladies!! I was up 1.4lbs too...but we did know this would happen and should just keep on movin!! I am really greatful to have you guys here with me, and not giving up due to this week's weigh-in, it helps me stayed motivated and makes me ready to keep on going!! Let's hope for a loss next week...but stay motivated no matter what, and thank you all! :flowerforyou:

Evotchka-I try to follow Nantalie on everything that I can...cept my push-ups too!! but i did do 5...count em....5 regular push-ups today!! woot! :drinker:

LotsOtots-great job!! I have level 1 pretty much memorized too...but I also still watch the DVD...it helps me stay focused and on pace with the other ladies!

Sarah-great job on day 6!! I love that I still drip sweat with this workout today as much as day 1!!

skpresley-just keep on going...I am sure that you will see SOME results after the 30 days! As for the eating...what time of the day are you doing the shred?? They say it is best to do your workout when you first get up BEFORE you eat...and then follow it up with a even carb/protein mix. I eat after the shred...even if I am not hungry! then try to stick with smaller meals and a ton of water throughout the day...I am sure that you will get an eating routine down in no time! your body will be craving a ton of carbs but I think that I have read it is important to give it protein instead, for muscle repair!

kellylou-LOL...i have been wanting to do my measurements too...but I am gonna hold off until the end!!! Glad to hear that you were happy with the results thus far though :wink:

Christina-great job on day 1!!! remember it will probably get harder before it gets easier :)

Queen-alright...1/3 of the way done!! i give you a ton of credit for not measuring OR weighing for the full 30!! I will not be measuring,...but I am still weighing every week as usual over here!! lemme know what you think of level 2?!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    L1D8 completed over here!!! I used my 5lb weights for everything except the 2nd set of the overhead press with squats! the side lunges and lateral raises are starting to get easier for me...and I did 5 regular push-ups (vs the girly ones) today!! 2 days until level 2, and I am super excited for it!!

Just for a tally of who is still here, and where we are all at, can we post what level and day that we are on...just curious!!??

tjradd73(Tara)-L1D8~done
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been posting, but i finished D6 and 7L1. Finally did 2 days in a row, then only had time for Wii exercise today. Doc said I could do full ROM but limit wt and NO pushups or holding my wt on my arms. Actually could do almost everything with very little discomfort. Actually the doc was very impressed with my quick recovery and said it was probably because I had been working out that my shoulder healed so quickly. So back to it tomorrow and hopefully by next week when I start L2 I will have no restrictions.
  • nicolenayima
    nicolenayima Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nicole here! Just finished L1D7!!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Bummed that I missed 30 Day Shred today. Spent six hours locked out of my house with my toddler though, and got a ton of walking in during that time. So now I'm exhausted and have an overtired/cranky kiddo to try to get to sleep. Right back at it tomorrow - maybe I'll even get in two workouts tomorrow ;-)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    tjradd73(Tara)-L1D8~done
    mikeyken-L1D7~done
    nayima(Nicole)-L1D7~done

mikeyken-glad to hear that your recovery has gone well so far!! I bet you will be to level 2 in no time!! just remember...modify as needed!

earthsember-sorry to hear that you got locked out of the house...good luck with gettin the kiddo to bed!! If you can't get 2 days done tomorrow, maybe you could on your last day of level 1 and first day of level 2...back to back?? or otherwise just add it to the end...no biggie!
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Added my name on the list- Started lvl 2, in some ways is easier, but mainly makes you feel like day 1 all over again. Just gotta keep in mind how hard L1D1 was and how easy it was on day 10 (or...at least, how much easier it was...) :glasses:

tjradd73(Tara)-L1D8~done
    mikeyken-L1D7~done
    nayima(Nicole)-L1D7~done
    korygillaim (Kory)-L2D11~done
  • tjradd73
    Options
    too funny-I was just makin a list...figured we could copy an dpaste it everyday with our new day changes on it to keep track!! LOL
  • tjradd73
    Options
    so I figured this was a good way to keep track of who is still here and how far that they are!! if you aren't on the list yet....copy and paste it and add your name with how far you have completed so far!! if you are on it...copy and paste it every time you finish a day with your new day put in the place of your last day!! I only went a day back on here so sorry if I missed you!!

tjradd73(Tara)-L1D8~done
    mikeyken-L1D7~done
    nayima(Nicole)-L1D7~done
    korygillaim (Kory)-L2D11~done
    earthsember-L1D7~done
    martzadz-L1D10~done
    Evotchka-L1D7~done
    LotsOtots-L1D6~done
    Sarah-L1D6~done
    skpresley-L1D6~done
    kellylou-L1D6~done
    Christina-L1D1~done
    QueenHanifa-L1D10~done

• tjradd73
    Options
    too funny-I was just makin a list...figured we could copy an dpaste it everyday with our new day changes on it to keep track!! LOL

great job on starting level 2 btw!!! I wonder if day 4 is the make it or break it for this section too??
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Hey! Glad I found this post! i am on L1D8. I am really loving this workout. i think I feel some parts getting easier, especially the cardio, but I hate lunges!!! Thats the main part I am truly struggling with, and I thought I was good at them! I hope that part gets easier. I am looking forward to L2 and scared to death at the same time!

So can someone tell me about what to expect on the scale? Expect again and then a loss in the last couple weeks? Just want to prepare :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Hey! Glad I found this post! i am on L1D8. I am really loving this workout. i think I feel some parts getting easier, especially the cardio, but I hate lunges!!! Thats the main part I am truly struggling with, and I thought I was good at them! I hope that part gets easier. I am looking forward to L2 and scared to death at the same time!

So can someone tell me about what to expect on the scale? Expect again and then a loss in the last couple weeks? Just want to prepare :)

it seems that most people (includin all of us on here ) have had a gain so far in weeks 1 and 2...but I hear that a loss of lbs and inches should be expected by the end!!