Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes and...hmm, I think that about covers it, actually.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    orange, blueberries grapes. strawberries...later at dinner ill add a salad to the asparagus and potato.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Mango, Watermelon, Cucumber, Tomato, Pumpkin, Broccoli, Lettuce
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Half a banana at breakfast.

Cherry tomatoes (including two from our garden!) and carrots for lunch.

Peas, wax beans and potatoes with onion at dinner - plus strawberry plum crisp for dessert.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    [Not in order by the way]... sauteed mushrooms, green peppers, onions, cabbage, steamed broccoli, boiled green beans, collard greens, raw carrots, and bean dip. Veggies are my crack.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yes! Tomato and baby spinach in an omelette for breakfast.
    Apple as a snack, a pear for a snack this afternoon.
    Lettuce, tomato and carrot in a salad with lunch.
    Tonight I have more carrot, onions, tomatoes and zucchini planned.

I find keeping to my calorie goal easier with fruit and veggies, getting enough fibre I guess.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Had an apple with lunch, a strawberry salad and banana with yogurt for supper.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I had some beans (mix of red and white) for lunch. Probably about 3/4 cup. I'm going out for dinner so I'm sure I'll have a salad and veggie side.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Did better today..I had two nectarines, some applesauce, dried cherries, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and cauliflower.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    Half a banana at breakfast.

Cherry tomatoes (including two from our garden!) and carrots for lunch.

Peas, wax beans and potatoes with onion at dinner - plus strawberry plum crisp for dessert.

Interesting. How could you eat only half a banana?? What happens to the other half?
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    Today - 15th August
    Lettuce, Tomato, Broccoli, Red Onion, Christophene, Carrot, Pumpkin, Paw Paw (Papaya).
  • zyxst
    Options
    Had salad for lunch - bell peppers, golden raisins, Craisin, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes. Supper I had a side bowl of strawberries and banana. Having an apple for the evening snack.

I've got 1 serving of strawberries left from the 4# I bought 10ish days ago.
  • crybaby1216
    crybaby1216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just steamed squash today but I have cauliflower steaming for tomorrow's mock mash potatoes lol
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Well... 2 T raisins in my oatmeal and about a pinch of grilled onion on my sausage sandwich. Not too good today...tomorrow is another opportunity to succeed!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Backwards day (compared to my usual) yesterday:

Breakfast was my usual dinner (vegetables were onions, eggplant, summer squash, and carrots, had a peach on the side, also had pork and corn).

Lunch was big salad with mix of greens (including spinach and kale) and broccoli, among other things.

Dinner was my usual breakfast smoothie (lately fruit and veg content is melon, peach, cucumber, kale and I'm trying different fresh herbs (anise-hyssop last night and this morning). On the side cherries, a fresh tomato, and some radishes.

Later in the evening I had a plum.

Tons of fruit lately -- I think I'm getting the "better eat it before it's gone" feeling, since I love summer fruits and by fall most of this will be replaced by apples, which aren't the same for me.
  • zyxst
    Options
    Finished off the strawberries!
    lbwii8vxosq2.gif

Had a Cora's style fruit and yogurt bowl - Greek yogurt with an apple, golden raisins, Craisins, pecans, hemp seeds, a banana, and 181 grams of strawberries. I would've had granola too, but I'm saving for supper.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I was bad yesterday. I only had some carrot sticks for snack and some carrot onion and celery cooked into my millet but that was only about 2 veggies all day.I was wondering why I was feeling a bit blah today.

Double order of broccoli for lunch and chicken with a salad and side of cooked veggies for dinner. I will probably do an orange for snack.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yesterday I had beans, onions, carrots, garlic and peppers. Nothing yet today but I have a salmon salad with mixed greens, onions, celery and peppers waiting in the fridge for lunch. Not sure what dinner will be yet.

Oops, forgot about the apple I had yesterday.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I was planning on watermelon today, but when I cut it open it had gone bad.

Boo! I'll have to head to the grocery store tomorrow.

So, today will probably be limited to a Good Seed curried sweet potato patty (man, are the spices strong - probably won't buy this again), tomato soup, edamame and maybe some Brussels sprouts.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Backwards day (compared to my usual) yesterday:

Breakfast was my usual dinner (vegetables were onions, eggplant, summer squash, and carrots, had a peach on the side, also had pork and corn).

Lunch was big salad with mix of greens (including spinach and kale) and broccoli, among other things.

Dinner was my usual breakfast smoothie (lately fruit and veg content is melon, peach, cucumber, kale and I'm trying different fresh herbs (anise-hyssop last night and this morning). On the side cherries, a fresh tomato, and some radishes.

Later in the evening I had a plum.

Tons of fruit lately -- I think I'm getting the "better eat it before it's gone" feeling, since I love summer fruits and by fall most of this will be replaced by apples, which aren't the same for me.

That's me, too: Cherries, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, fresh figs - get them while they last! The potassium will settle back to normal come Halloween...