Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Happy Meme Friday!!! In honor of my 10K Mud Run this weekend:

vsdrqrtsbkpb.jpg
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @CariTJR Way to go! That loss is a great way to kickstart your commitment!

@health_guard Glad your sister is up for doing Zumba with you! Let us know how the tapes go

@1skholloway Let us know how the meeting with the trainer goes. Only you can know where you feel best goal weight wise :)

@darciew2 Welcome!

I am sooooo glad it's Friday. It's been a long week and I'm looking forward to some quality time away from the coworkers. I'm doing a 10K mud run on a ski slope Saturday, wish me luck that I make it through!
  • kkeller011
    kkeller011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Krista. I am also looking for friends and support on MFP. Please send me a friend request.
    My goal is to lose around 70 pounds and to be healthy/eat healthy.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    I did my first vinyasa class last night it was a lot of fun! It was pretty small, only a handful of people there, but that meant we had more time to get our forms right with corrections from the instructor.

On the downside, I woke up this morning with pain radiating up my back. I tried to do some sun salutations to help, but nothing is helping. Popped some advil and will hopefully be able to make it through the work day. Boyfriend wants to go to a free summer concert tonight (and I do too) but I don't know if I'll be able to with my back like this. I just want to put a hot pack on and not move for the rest of the day.

Guess my sprint cardio session is out. :/
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Fit Lifestyle, add me as a friend if youd like
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I am sooooo glad it's Friday. It's been a long week and I'm looking forward to some quality time away from the coworkers. I'm doing a 10K mud run on a ski slope Saturday, wish me luck that I make it through!

On a ski slope? That's sounds like hard work! The very best of luck to you, i'm sure you'll ace it. :smiley:

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @1skholloway 77 pounds! That is fantastic. Nothing wrong with taking time to not worry about weight loss, and work on being a healthier you in a different way. Firming and toning your body is great. (added muscle will increase calorie burn) Good job and welcome!

@darciew2 Cheerleaders? Then you are in the right place. I love this thread. Everyone is always friendly and positive. I like hearing how we are all struggling, and or succeeding in or own individual ways. It makes it more attainable to me.

@caritjr 3 pounds is awesome, and love that you have a plan to run sometime this weekend. I would like to try running, but I think I need to lose some more weight. I was proud of myself, yesterday I walked 30 minutes at 3m per hour. 2 months ago I could barely walk 2.4 mile per hour for 10 minutes.

@rachel0778 A mud run? Not sure exactly what it is, but it sounds fun. Good luck! You can do it.

@wishfuljune Sounds like a good time, but take it easy back injuries are never fun. Feel better soon.

@health_guard sounds like you have a lot of things you want to improve at once, good luck, and try not to over do it as well.

I am so glad it is Friday, I am taking a half day at work today. Need to register the kids for school. My baby starts Kindergarten next week. I am not ready for this. Plus we are doing a BBQ this weekend to thank my family for all the help moving. Wish me luck in not over indulging.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Wow, July & so far Aug have been murder on my weigh loss/exercise goals. With weddings,camping,bbq's ect I have gained back all and then some :neutral: Re-boot time, time to get focused and reach my goals! Happy Friday Everyone!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    @caritjr 3 pounds is awesome, and love that you have a plan to run sometime this weekend. I would like to try running, but I think I need to lose some more weight. I was proud of myself, yesterday I walked 30 minutes at 3m per hour. 2 months ago I could barely walk 2.4 mile per hour for 10 minutes.

I am so glad it is Friday, I am taking a half day at work today. Need to register the kids for school. My baby starts Kindergarten next week. I am not ready for this. Plus we are doing a BBQ this weekend to thank my family for all the help moving. Wish me luck in not over indulging.

Thank you. It's start in the right direction, just got to keep it up now! I used to run 3x's a week, once with club and twice on my own, but this fell by the wayside along with my healthy eating, however, i'm ready to get back to this now, i've taken my time to sort my head out and i'm feeling positive about things again. Onwards and upwards!

That's fantastic, you should be proud, walking is really good exercise and over time you'll be flying. When you feel ready, if you want to try running, my recommendations would be to try the C25K app, this just starts you off with walking/running intervals, it's great. Also, see if you have a local running club that does a beginners programme, I joined my local club and it was a real help to push and motivate me, they were all so kind and helpful, plus you get to be with other beginners all struggling and triumphing together. :)

Hope your BBQ is a success!

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Boy there was a lot of catching up to do today. Nice job to all MFP friends.

Cari. Great job with the 3lb loss. And great plan to get back on track

@JenHul we all need a reboot. You've go this and we are all here if u need us.

@jdelaroy signing kids up for kindergarten that rough.on us moms. But so exciting.

@Rachel0778 mud run on the ski slopes. Coming down sounds good not sure about the going up part. Lol. Kick *kitten*.

It's Friday. Yeah. I don't know why it has to take so long to get here. Off to the gym tonight. I think I may be back on track there. This will be day 4. So not bad since Monday. Tomorrow my goal is to clean out the cabinets, fridge, and freezer. Not suck a fun Saturday but it needs done. Then Sunday I think I am helping hubby w a side job building a deck. He wants to get done before hunting season. That is at the end of next month. I'm ready for some alone time on the wknds.
  • SmurfBunny3
    SmurfBunny3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just decided that I need to develop that core group again myself. I had one a while back, but when I switched jobs I didn't adjust to the schedule change and long commute and my fitness efforts went to the wayside. I miss that group, and would like to try and form another one for motivation.

I just started randomly adding people from this thread, but I'm at work right now so I can't do this all day!!

If you don't mind me being a part of your group, please add me??
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @kkeller01 and @JdMcCoy82 Welcome!

@JenHul Welcome back! This summer has been insane, I agree. Glad to have you back at it with us though

@wishfuljune Sorry to hear about the vinyasa messing with your back. Heat pads and rest for sure!

@Smurfbunny3 Welcome! I accepted your friend request, glad to have you in the group

@jdelaroy It's just like it sounds, running through mud pits and obstacles on a ski slope. It's a lot more fun than it sounds typed up, I promise! Congrats on having your youngest start kindergarten soon, that's so exciting!

@ngolden3320 sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. Great job fitting in the gym this week. I hope you're also able to fit in some fun time this weekend too!

@CariTJR Thanks for your vote of confidence. I'll report back Monday hopefully injury free!

• SommerC76
    SommerC76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I too have rejoined. I lost 40 bout 3 years ago and have put on 11 since January but I did join a gym so some of it might be muscle? I'll be 40 in a few weeks and u really need to lose some inches in my gut!!! Motivation always helpful
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Well, it just took me ages to catch up on the thread! So much awesomeness happening! Love all you guys! Very inspirational and supportive always! The camping lakefront is amazeballs!!! Best campsite we have had in 9 years of camping! Happy to report I have drank a quarter of what I would normally drink... That sounds like I'm an alcoholic! Lol! First day, one drink!! Second day 2 drinks! 3 day, no drinks! Today not sure, might let loose a bit!
    Cari, nice job getting back your stride, so glad you are making a comeback. I am planning. Crazy huge comeback after September long weekend, my birthday is that weekend!
    Rachel, good luck on that mud run today! You are so brave, I don't think I could do one!
    Welcome all newbies, feel free to add me. And yes we have all been around the block, some of us (ahem me) more than once!
    Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Holy crow was everyone busy on Friday. My DH had his company picnic and we were gone all day so I never got a chance to log in. I came home and did read through on my phone. Great job everyone.
    I have been very frustrated with the scale this month and need to get over it but just can not seem to move on. I know I have had some bad days but they have been days, not a string of days. It just does not seem like I can leave this range of numbers. I have got to find something to do to shake it up some.
    Tomorrow is official weigh in day so I guess it will be a good week or a bad week. My coming week is craaazy. I normally try to come home and get a quick shower in before I go to other appointments but this week no go. I am going to have to go about my day stinky stinky. I think I have a dr/dentist/PT/lunch/nails/hair appointment everyday this week. Some days multiple ones and then Friday we are going to the Little League World Series for the day.

@jdelroy - great job on the step goal on Thursday and then the extra walk. That is a big change. Keep it up. Kindergarten, wow, I remember those days. My youngest just graduated high school. I so miss the little ones. Hope the BBQ was great and the weather was good.

@health_guard - let me know about the zumba. I have never succeeded in doing stuff at home very well, just can't get motivated. But I have never had a sister/friend to do it with me. Good luck and I hope you have fun.

@1skholloway - welcome and feel free to add me. Good luck with meeting the trainer. Mine has helped me a lot when it comes to nutrition. Feel free to ask here as well. Most of us have been around for a while and can answer some questions and offer some suggestions as well. We are here to motivate and help to success.

@CariTJR - great loss!!

@Rachel0778 - how was the 10K, that sounds way above my limits but fun.

@wishfuljune - glad you enjoyed the yoga but to bad about the back. How are you feeling?

@JenHul - refocus, let us know what we can go to help you.

@ngolden3320 - great job on the gym work and your weekend sounds like you are going to burn some great calories. Not fun but good for you :)

@SmurfBunny3 @SommerC76 - welcome aboard. Feel free to add me.

@bluepoppies777 - glad you had a great time at the lake. It has been so windy here the summer I have been unable to get out this summer as my rental place does not send SUP out over 5 miles an out. It has been a bummer.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. I have to get this off bright and early today as it is a busy one. I am off to gym, then dentist then yoga this evening. Have to find sometime to fit in grocery and weeding, if possible, as the heat has finally broken a little bit.
    So the scale finally moved a bit. I was thinking of lowering my calories goal for the day but I am only at 1,400 calories a day and with the daily gym I think it would be pretty hard to go much lower. I normally eat my three meals a day plus three snacks, I just don't know. This is when I wish by bestie was a nutritionist and not a beautician, lol.

Have a great day everyone!!

@health_guard - your breakfast looks great!!

Goal - 135 by 10/6
    7/11: 150................ 8/1: 144.5
    7/18: 145.9............. 8/8: 145.7
    7/26: 146.3............. 8/15: 143.7

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile - My back is feeling much better! Just plenty of advil and a couple of heat packs, and we are back in business!

I'm running another 5K at the end of September so I need to start adding long cardio back into the mix, so this week is going to be very busy!

8/15: weightlifting: shoulders and arms and core | yoga: hatha beginners class
    8/16: weightlifting: plyos and legs | cardio: run 1 mile
    8/17: HIIT cardio (bike) and core
    8/18: weightlifting: back | yoga: vinyasa beginners class
    8/19: weightlifting: chest and shoulders and core | cardio: run 1.5 miles
    8/20: HIIT cardio (bike) and sprints
    8/21: run 2.5 miles
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @SommerC76 Welcome!

@bluepoppies777 Glad to hear camping was amazing this year! It sounds like you did fantastic on the drinks front

@FitEqualsSmile I hope this week goes smoothly for you! Congrats on the loss today! I really don't recommend lowering your calories from 1400. You're making fantastic progress, why rush it even more and make yourself miserable?

@Health_Guard Your breakfast and lunch sounds amazing! Great job staying active and meal prepping

I had an amazing weekend. The race went really well and it was great to see all of my old racing buddies. The pictures also gave me a nice visual to realize I still have a bit of body dismorphia where I think I'm bigger than I am. I'm still in the challenge to hit my 20lb mark by Thanksgiving but I'm taking a huge step away from the scale for awhile and focusing solely on my healthy habits so I don't get scale obsessed and sabotage myself. I also felt really strong doing the 6K race on a ski slope, especially since I haven't been running lately. My hip flexors are really sore from that and my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class Sunday so today is definitely a rest day!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Quick check in- looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I had a horrible weekend food wise. We are in the flooded area of Louisiana. We stayed dry, but locked into our home for 3 days as all roads in and out were closed. So all we did all weekend was eat and drink. I guess I am starting over today. I have to get back on track! Good news though, our house in Florida was put on the market Friday afternoon, and we had an accepted offer by Friday night! Yay! Well, busy back at work today, as Friday I couldn't even make it to work with all of the rain. I will check back when I can and try and get caught up with all of you. Hope everyone has a great start to the week! Happy Monday!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @JenHul Welcome back!

@CariTJR Thanks, I have heard a lot of people using that program, I will keep it in mind.

@ngolden3320 Signing her up wasn't too bad. I think I will cry on her first day though. Hope you got all your weekend chores done, and you found a little fun.

@bluepoppies777 Sounds like a great time. 3 drinks in 3 days camping is great! Way to do it in moderation. :)

@FitEqualsSmile Kindergarten is a little rough. My oldest is a junior this year, I think I will have a hard time next year when she is a senior. I am sure lucky though, she has grown into such a wonderful young woman. She just amazes me. Sounds like you have a busy week, don't let that scale beat you up, it doesn't tell the whole story. It doesn't tell all those NSV you have, and how you fought all week, and how you won most of the battles, lost one or two and are fighting on to with the war. ***2 pound loss*** Fantastic!

@health_guard Ooh that looks so yummy. Great job on your fit bit steps!

@wishfuljune Sounds like a busy week, planned out. Glad your back is feeling better.

@rachel0778 Glad you had such a great time. It does sound kind of fun. Focusing on healthy habits will be great.
    The SO and I are going to sign up for a 7k, it is in a month. I know I can walk it, but I will be really slow at it. Might try and go for a long walk or two the next twp weeks or so.

Well Saturday, I fell in the shower, and I think I re-aggravated my back injury/concussion from the car wreck. I felt like crap on Saturday, and ended up eating really bad, went over my calories. I am okay with this, I don't do it often and with me feeling so yucky, I just wasn't going to stress about it.

Sunday I felt so much better, had a fantastic BBQ with the family, enjoyed yummy food, managed to stay under my calories and get an extra walk in. Being the host of the BBQ has its advantages. I prepared all the food, so there was a lot of healthy choices.

Well hope everyone has a great week!