New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    It's that time of year again....
    ryoezu98oa6v.jpg
    specialknutrigrain.jpg?w=680

I can't believe all the stores already are rolling out the pumpkin/halloween candy/fall stuff. Hope we get some new interesting products this year. I love the trader joe pumpkin in a bar bars so I bet I would love the nutrigrain.

I'm patiently waiting for the Christmas stuff to roll out!

Holidoodle ice cream, Peppermint products, Amy's Sugar Cookie Popcorn (that was was amazing), Snickerdoodle products, White Fudge Oreos, etc.

Went to the Grocery Outlet yesterday & found Quaker Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal for $0.77 a box. I bought three.

Black-Bean-Product-mango.png

Something about this flavor I didn't particularly care for. I'm thinking if anything it was more or less the lime flavoring. Found this at Wal-Mart.

@hgycta

Have you found the Denny's pancake mixes yet? Every time I go into Wal-Mart I check down the pancake aisle with no luck. A customer the other day told me that the deep fried twinkies were being released & I looked up & down the ice cream/pizza & frozen breakfast aisle spotting nothing.

Where in the world is a Grocery Outlet?

https://groceryoutlet.com/

I love this store! It's dangerous because you can buy ice cream for $0.99-$2.99.

I bought five to six bags of groceries yesterday for $39.00.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    So this isn't really a commerical, pre-packaged product, but I saw hatch peppers for sale for $1.49lb and bought them on impulse.

hatch-chile-split.jpg

They had three varieties: mild, hot, extra hot. I picked up hot and extra hot.

The peppers themselves smell divine. They also taste alright. However, there was absolutely NO HEAT in those peppers. None. Like eating a far more flavorful bell pepper. :angry:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You guys - I finally made it into Quest Labs!!!

So... What's worth it? How are the tortilla chips, the cereal bars, the keto cups, and the crackers?

ETA: I saw the $25 shipping for the cups... gonna pass on those...

I liked the nacho tortilla chips even tho they weren't a tortilla chip texture. I had the zesty tortilla chips again this weekend and they were overbaked I think but that helped the texture. :)

The cereal bars are good (the macros for the calories are awesome) but I would drink a lot of water with them because the cinnamon one was dry. The waffle one tasted really good. :)

The blueberry muffin quest bar was good...but sticky. The chocolate chip oatmeal...well, it's been revealed to the world...but I couldn't taste the oatmeal.

• sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The peppers themselves smell divine. They also taste alright. However, there was absolutely NO HEAT in those peppers. None. Like eating a far more flavorful bell pepper

Usually with hot peppers there's more heat in the seeds than the peppers themselves. That's why, when you cook with them and leave in the seeds, the food gets hotter.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    It's that time of year again....
    ryoezu98oa6v.jpg
    specialknutrigrain.jpg?w=680

I can't believe all the stores already are rolling out the pumpkin/halloween candy/fall stuff. Hope we get some new interesting products this year. I love the trader joe pumpkin in a bar bars so I bet I would love the nutrigrain.

I'm patiently waiting for the Christmas stuff to roll out!

Holidoodle ice cream, Peppermint products, Amy's Sugar Cookie Popcorn (that was was amazing), Snickerdoodle products, White Fudge Oreos, etc.

Went to the Grocery Outlet yesterday & found Quaker Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal for $0.77 a box. I bought three.

Black-Bean-Product-mango.png

Something about this flavor I didn't particularly care for. I'm thinking if anything it was more or less the lime flavoring. Found this at Wal-Mart.

@hgycta

Have you found the Denny's pancake mixes yet? Every time I go into Wal-Mart I check down the pancake aisle with no luck. A customer the other day told me that the deep fried twinkies were being released & I looked up & down the ice cream/pizza & frozen breakfast aisle spotting nothing.

I still haven't had any luck with the Denny's pancake mixes and it's been driving me insane! I checked the Super Walmart near my house every week and nothing, so I drove thirty minutes further to a different one and again, nothing. Didn't even see it on Walmart.com, or at any other grocery stores. If I see them you know this will be the first place I post anything about it ;)
    You guys - I finally made it into Quest Labs!!!

So... What's worth it? How are the tortilla chips, the cereal bars, the keto cups, and the crackers?

ETA: I saw the $25 shipping for the cups... gonna pass on those...

Well it's about time you get in!!!! ;D I hated the vanilla keto cups but actually really, really, really enjoyed the mint and peanut butter flavors. This being said, shipping wasn't always $25 on these (it's a new thing for the warmer months to keep them from melting) and honestly this price just makes me not be able to justify repurchasing them nor recommending anyone else do so. $25 is nuts.
    I liked the tortilla chips and new 2.0 chips, but not any more than their current chips honestly. As for their protein bars, the blueberry muffin was my favorite but honestly still wasn't anything spectacular nor better than their current offerings (I'd still choose chocolate chip cookie dough, s'mores, or mint over it).
    My favorite thing (aside from the mint keto cups) would be the cinnamon crunch or the chocolate cereal bars; the cinnamon one reminded me of a sticky cinnamon bun and the chocolate reminded me of a deep fried oreo a bit, I also love that they're only around 100 calories each, but again, the price is way too much to recommend them. It's crazy that they're smaller than the protein bars yet more expensive.
    Honestly, Quest Labs is overrated, but congratulations on getting in and I hope you find something that appeals to you there!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    So this isn't really a commerical, pre-packaged product, but I saw hatch peppers for sale for $1.49lb and bought them on impulse.

hatch-chile-split.jpg

The peppers themselves smell divine. They also taste alright. However, there was absolutely NO HEAT in those peppers. None. Like eating a far more flavorful bell pepper. :angry:
    That sounds right up my alley to be honest. I love bell peppers and am a wimp with heat.

Campfire S'mores Turkey Hill finally showed at my Krogers! I'll pick some up when I finish up some more of what I have now.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Store was out of Aunt Millie's 35 and I came cross Sarah Lee Delightful 45. The Sarah Lee is whole wheat, no corn syrup, tastes great! Worth the other 10 calories in taste.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    I didn't read through 178 pages, so my apologies if this has already been mentioned! But my new favorite is the Dang! Salted Cocoa Coconut Chips. They are freaking delicious! The small pack has only 115 cals and 8 net carbs, which is a lot better than the granola that I usually put in my greek yogurt. Bare Naked makes a version too, but I haven't tried that yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Dang-Salted-Cocoa-Coconut-Chips/dp/B01B3KZE2Y/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1470929319&sr=1-1&keywords=dang+cocoa

I love coconut chips. These sound amazeballs.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options

hatch-chile-split.jpg

Where did you get these? Anywhere near New Mexico? I think the farther you get from Hatch, NM, the more these are a mild, watered-down version of true Hatch green chile. Here in New Mexico, the Sandia, Joe E Parker, and Barker X-hots are typically very hot, whereas the Big Jims can be more mild. I used to see "Hatch green chile" in California that was like you described --- a glorified bell pepper (sad) -- probably a CA Anaheim. lame. Even the ones I grew myself from hot stock were never quite right when grown in CA or NV. They only grow right (and hot) in the Hatch and Rio Grande Valleys of NM.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    BethAnnieT wrote: »

hatch-chile-split.jpg

Where did you get these? Anywhere near New Mexico? I think the farther you get from Hatch, NM, the more these are a mild, watered-down version of true Hatch green chile. Here in New Mexico, the Sandia, Joe E Parker, and Barker X-hots are typically very hot, whereas the Big Jims can be more mild. I used to see "Hatch green chile" in California that was like you described --- a glorified bell pepper (sad) -- probably a CA Anaheim. lame. Even the ones I grew myself from hot stock were never quite right when grown in CA or NV. They only grow right (and hot) in the Hatch and Rio Grande Valleys of NM.

Yeah, we see these pop up in Indiana around this time of year, too. While the flavor is quite good, I was always confused why they are described as a hot pepper when the ones sold here are clearly not. Should have occurred to me that the grocery store varieties are never as hot as what you pick straight from the plant. Jalapeños are mild by my definition until I pulled one from dad's garden a few years ago...some of those are quite explosive!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hatch chiles grow plenty hot in Texas - they usually end up hotter than a serrano but not as hot as Thai bird's eye chile. You do still occasionally come across one with no heat, though. Just like occasionally you'll get a Poblano that's got a lot of kick to it.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm having the new Chobani Flip hazelnut as we speak. Totally yum and worth the 250 calories (if you're like me and love hazelnut anything), although it will definitely be a 'once in a while' thing. Also got the limited edition Cinnamon Bun Yoplait Greek and the new Simply Chobani double chocolate chunk yogurts waiting in my fridge. I had the raspberry chocolate light and fit Greek last week for the first time too and it's not bad at all (might not be new though, I just don't remember seeing it before).

Has anyone noticed any new interesting product recently?

Arctic Freeze is new to me, but I love it. I can have an entire pint of ice cream without the guilt, now! :) And Hint Water!! I love it!

I also found these double chocolate brownies that are made with dates and other good ingredients that are 180 calories a pack. I'm enjoying finding products without enriched/bleached flour, refined sugar, hydrogenated oils, and artificial sugars.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Select Protein released a Cafe line - caffeinated protein powders. They say you can prepare them iced or hot. Intriguing.
  • hgycta
    Options
    I usually don't get breakfast out, but Chick-fil-A had breakfast bingo, I was off work, and I kind of wanted to try their new egg white grill.
    However, I realized their menu included sausage, egg, and cheese muffin and bacon, egg, and cheese muffin sandwiches so I tried the latter because it was cheaper and is always my favorite thing from mcdonalds.

300 calories so roughly the same as an egg mcmuffin (with Canadian bacon not regular), but look at this thing! That's like 1/4 of an egg on there! Hahaha it was decent but definitely not better than a regular egg mcmuffin. I prefer a real egg than those weird folded things anyways, and this was like the top layer of a folded egg (although it tasted less like plastic and more like actual yolk I'll hand it to them there). Not worth getting again though!

nn2k7ad0wzjg.jpg
  • hgycta
    Options
    Heard about this brand and just saw it pop up at a natural food store near my house, so I splurged $6 on it (that was a sale price!) texture is great but it tastes horrible! Anyone try their other flavors?

k5aks1uqimx7.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Heard about this brand and just saw it pop up at a natural food store near my house, so I splurged $6 on it (that was a sale price!) texture is great but it tastes horrible! Anyone try their other flavors?

k5aks1uqimx7.jpg

Heard it's horrible too.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options
    I'm having the new Chobani Flip hazelnut as we speak. Totally yum and worth the 250 calories (if you're like me and love hazelnut anything), although it will definitely be a 'once in a while' thing. Also got the limited edition Cinnamon Bun Yoplait Greek and the new Simply Chobani double chocolate chunk yogurts waiting in my fridge. I had the raspberry chocolate light and fit Greek last week for the first time too and it's not bad at all (might not be new though, I just don't remember seeing it before).

Arctic Freeze is new to me, but I love it. I can have an entire pint of ice cream without the guilt, now! :) And Hint Water!! I love it!

I also found these double chocolate brownies that are made with dates and other good ingredients that are 180 calories a pack. I'm enjoying finding products without enriched/bleached flour, refined sugar, hydrogenated oils, and artificial sugars.

What's the name of the brownies? I don't really care about eating "clean" but brownies are brownies dammit! :)
  • hgycta
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

k5aks1uqimx7.jpg

Heard it's horrible too.

Texture wise it blows Halo Top and Arctic Zero out of the water so they must be good with gums and stabilizers, but it tastes like someone blended a pea protein shake and froze it. If you like pea protein I could see it satisfying you, but yuck, I can't stand the stuff and I would never pay that much for it again! They had two flavors and I got one of each, definitely returning the other!!!
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

What's the name of the brownies? I don't really care about eating "clean" but brownies are brownies dammit! :)

Nature's Bakery. They make the fig cookies, as well, in raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, and other flavors. Their brownies are indeed out let chocolate, mint chocolate, chocolate raspberry...and some other flavors. They are so tasty!