All of you pumpkin spice aficionado's

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I want more gluten free pumpkin spice options! I always have to make my own pumpkin spice stuff, or I miss out otherwise. It'd be nice to be able to eat some of this stuff. :( Are the Cheerios gluten free, at least?

According to the picture posted upthread they are.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    The thing I love about this board is the cultural differences in food. I think we have the pumpkin spice lattes in Starbucks (never tried them not a Starbucks fan) but I've never seen it anywhere else. Although I think I would like it. Pumpkins are generally only available the two weeks before Halloween. I have never had pumpkin pie. I really feel there should be a worldwide supermarket that sells the best foods from every culture.

Yes, Pumpkin culture, is very American (not that all Americans like Pumpkin of course). I'm American but live in Germany and had a Halloween party one year. I made pumpkin EVERYTHING. The people were afraid to even try it. (I understood, lol.) My husband who is German LOVES my baking, but it took him time to warm up to the pumpkin pie. He does like it, but he was traumatized as a kid because the only time he ever had pumpkin, it came picked in jars. (Yuck) My kids are half German half American. They love pumpkin pie. That's all that matters to me. That they got the pumpkin appreciation gene. :D

My husband is German too and absolutely refuses to eat any sweet incarnation of pumpkin. He says that's disgusting, pumpkin is a savory food and everyone knows it, except Americans apparently.

His loss in my opinion. :tongue:
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Love pumpkin spice season!
    I added pumpkin to my protein drink this morning. (yum)
    Have you tried the Milano Pumpkin spice cookies?
    8z22na9coiil.jpeg
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Love pumpkin! I add Libby's pure pumpkin to my chili to thicken it, sweeten it and add fiber to the recipe.

I'm trying this. Awesome idea!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    http://thedomesticrebel.com/2014/10/09/the-best-pumpkin-bread-with-brown-butter-maple-icing/

I'm going to bump this thread with this recipe because I made it today and love it.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love the iced/hot pumpkin spice latte for Starbucks!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Love pumpkin! I add Libby's pure pumpkin to my chili to thicken it, sweeten it and add fiber to the recipe.

I'm trying this. Awesome idea!

I do this all the time, highly recommend!! It makes it so thick and gives it a subtle sweet taste :).
  • LUHAN27
    Options
    agbmom556 wrote: »
    8z22na9coiil.jpeg

I love Milano cookies! Do you know where to purchase these? I assumed target but when I checked the site, nothing came up. :/
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    LUHAN27 wrote: »
    8z22na9coiil.jpeg

I love Milano cookies! Do you know where to purchase these? I assumed target but when I checked the site, nothing came up. :/

They are at Target. I saw them there last week. They were in the cookie aisle.
    I got them last year @ Target too. They had them in the Halloween section as well as the cookie section last year.
    They were just starting to set up the Halloween section last week when I was shopping at Target, but they were already in the cookie section.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Holy moly we need MOAR pumpkin spice stuff here in the UK!! I'm salivating just thinking about PS Oreos... mmm.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole box of Pumpkin Spice Frosted Mini-Wheat's last weekend. The whole box. In 2 days.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The cheerios! I love them. My almost-three-year-old nephew doesn't eat ANYTHING. I offered him some of the cheerios and he turned his nose up. Then he saw me eating a bowl of them and brought his bowl over for a fill-up. I held my breath...

Two and a half bowls later, it's lunch time, and all he wants is those damn cheerios. Be still, my heart.

Also, I'm glad I don't have to eat this giant family-sized box by myself.

Did anyone notice that pumpkin is actually on the list of ingredients? Impressive. Usually, "pumpkin spice" means just that. Spice. Not pumpkin.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The cheerios! I love them. My almost-three-year-old nephew doesn't eat ANYTHING. I offered him some of the cheerios and he turned his nose up. Then he saw me eating a bowl of them and brought his bowl over for a fill-up. I held my breath...

Two and a half bowls later, it's lunch time, and all he wants is those damn cheerios. Be still, my heart.

Also, I'm glad I don't have to eat this giant family-sized box by myself.

Did anyone notice that pumpkin is actually on the list of ingredients? Impressive. Usually, "pumpkin spice" means just that. Spice. Not pumpkin.

Yes - I've finished 2 boxes, and have to go back and get a third. Man, I will miss these when they're gone.
  • LUHAN27
    Options
    LUHAN27 wrote: »
    8z22na9coiil.jpeg

They are at Target. I saw them there last week. They were in the cookie aisle.
    I got them last year @ Target too. They had them in the Halloween section as well as the cookie section last year.
    They were just starting to set up the Halloween section last week when I was shopping at Target, but they were already in the cookie section.

Thanks!! I'll check for them next time :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    svel713 wrote: »
    My local Walmart already has Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice liquid creamer available so I'm already living the pumpkin spice life. Usually appears there in late July.

I am really jealous of this as it is mid-September and my local grocery store still hasn't brought this back. I loved that the last couple of years!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    svel713 wrote: »
    My local Walmart already has Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice liquid creamer available so I'm already living the pumpkin spice life. Usually appears there in late July.

I am really jealous of this as it is mid-September and my local grocery store still hasn't brought this back. I loved that the last couple of years!

This is yummy stirred into pumpkin oatmeal.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Great idea about the pumpkin creamer in pumpkin oatmeal. I making a batch of steelcut pumpkin spice oatmeal this weekend, so I will try it. Sounds divine!

I forgot about the pumpkin spice cream cheese. I haven't seen it yet here (MN). So good!.
    aous6lffgy1c.jpeg

I just made a batch of pumpkin banana muffins yesterday, using fresh pumpkin that I had in my freezer. I tinkered with the recipe so that each muffin is about 120 cal. Not bad considering they contain real yummy butter and pecans.

Are you willing to share the recipe? I make the ones with spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin, but would like to try your pumpkin-banana.

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Went to Trader Joes at lunch and most of their pumpkin stuff is in. Picked up the Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter to try. Noticed a lot of other things also.