WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon~Love the players that put those on! I have been to "Scrooged in Astoria" but kept thinking, "Wow those are rude people to be throwing popcorn at the players on stage!" I then found out its what ya do! Next time I shall buy popcorn and do it too!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • MissDi321
    MissDi321 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Heather---guess I better join that "new" exercise class at the gym so I can enjoy my down time. LOL

Going out to dinner tonight for our anniversary--44 yrs. Going to one of our favorite places. Don't know what to get, they don't have a nutrition count for their meals. I love the almond crusted goat cheese for appetizer---today is fish, maybe there will be something not so high in calories.

Then there are picnics on Sat and Sunday---I will have to stay away from the food and socialize instead of eat. Not so easy. I can do really well when there isn't food around, but if it is there, I want to eat.....
    Pray for strength.......

Di
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Di Sometimes I order a salad and an appetizer and forget the entree. Often that's a great plenty. Just a thought...you could eat the salad and ask to have the appetizer delivered at the same time as your husband's entree.
  • MissDi321
    Options
    Thanks Karen--might work. I will take a good look at the menu tonight and see what is there. It's a relatively fancy place and the food is wonderful. I already decided NO dessert and NO wine. Those are usually on the choice when we have gone before. That will kick out some calories. lol!
    I will let you all know what goes.
    Di
  • slimcharm20
    slimcharm20 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I went shopping and stopped by the sporting goods dept. and checked out the kettlebells. I picked up the 10 lb and 15 lb I think I am going to start with my 10 lb dumbell and work up from there. My DD has a set of 10 that I can use, but won't get them, till I see her next month.

I had homegrown spagetti squash, with melted pepper jack cheese , sprinkles of basamic vinegar on top with 10 of my garden *sweet 100 tomatoes for lunch, no breakfast. My *favorite I can eat them like candy and do!
  • MissDi321
    Options
    thought about tonight and eating out--I will eat half the entree. Left overs will make a great lunch on Monday!!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Hi Di I will be 50 in November and I usually post in the a.m., but I just wanted to hop on and say hello and I am so glad you decided to order a meal, eat half and save the other half for another meal. Please enjoy your dinners always. Hard to do that when it is only salad. I love salad, but I eat at least one a day at home. Going out to eat is special. Welcome!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Oh, you can call me KJ or Kelly
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options

DJ - I just put the wedding ring set in the safe. I always knew my mother had expensive taste, I just didn't realize how expensive. It's a shame that Pete didn't give denise a good diamond necklace for their engagement and then she could have had my rings like she always has wanted. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise -- he might have done something stupid like have them engraved or something. But what's done is done. I'm now sorry that I gave Dianna my mother's other wedding ring. I bet she just threw it out. Right now I'm wearing MIL's ring. I think in some ways that makes Vince happy. Woo hoo getting rid of that grill. It always feels good to get rid of things that you don't use. I swear, Vince is getting worse and worse about not getting rid of stuff. I feel like I'm nagging him, but if he would just do it and shut me up, things would be fine. Like we have a whole lot of FIL's yearbooks. We've had them at home for 2 years. For 2 years I've been saying "why don't you write to FIL's college and see if they would like these?" Do you think it's been done? I've only been waiting 8 years for him to go thru this filing cabinet that's in the garage.

Joyce - how wonderful about your heartrate. That's not a resting heartrate , is it?

Lenora - out of the mouths of babes!

Chris - I'm so so sorry. Hopefully, he'll be back.

kyla - we are the exact same way -- Vince would eat burgers and pizza to change things up all the time. Me? Give me my veges!

Exercised, HIIT on the elliptical for 30 minutes and then went on the rowing machine for 15 minutes. The plan for tomorrow is to do Michele Olsen's Perfect Legs Glutes and Abs DVD. We shall see what that one's like.

After exercise went to WalMart, then to Office Depot (or Max whichever it is) then to AC Moore then home and powerwashed about 80% of the pool area. Will finish tomorrow and hopefully get the sidewalks done, too. Then I'm FINISHED powerwashing.

Carol/Peach - hope everything works out for you today

frankiesgirl - I worked in a fast food place when I was in high school and it was years before I'd have another french fry. To this day, they don't really appeal to me.

MissDi - I'm always amazed at the people in our senior bowling. Some are in their 90's and they bowl multiple times a week. Guess in one sense they don't have anything else to do. Happy anniversary!

Karen in VA - so glad my posting my workouts help someone. thank you for that

slimcharm - welcome! That's the way to do it, just jump right in. Glad to have you with us.

I read in Hungry Girl to freeze the small cups of applesauce, let them thaw a bit and it's like sorbet. I just tried it, and it is. I do think that I needed to let the applesauce sit out longer, tho. Love the jeans and lace too. I believe that's called "hi-low"

Cheri - sounds like you are settling in so nicely.

marion - welcome!

Diane - welcome! Yea, but those younger kids aren't 50 (or older in my case). You do what's right for YOU. Actually, many times I see younger kids doing things incorrectly and one reason is that they are trying to do it too fast

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    ladies - have a question

For the longest time I've used Fiber One pancake mix to make waffles. It seems that this item has been discontinued because I can't find it ANYWHERE.

Do you have a suggestion as to another pancake mix that I can use for waffles that's not too high in calories but OK in the nutrition dept. It would be an added plus if it would cause me to drink extra water (like the Fiber One does)

Michele in NC
  • MissDi321
    Options
    Going to this restaurant is always special--especially for BDs and anniversaries :)
    I looked up the menu and looked up the two chicken dishes that sound good. both will be about the same in calories and fats. half will come home. If I decide on the one with the side of rice noodles, I will ask them to make half a serving. other one has a baked sweet pot. I can bring that home no problem....
    anyway, almond crusted goat cheese is going to happen!!!! LOL.
    Di
  • Carroll135
    Carroll135 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am so glad to find this group! I'm ready to connect with positive, can do, people who are able to work toward and maintain fitness no matter what. Thanks for the great posts! Please feel free to add me so I can give/receive support!

Thanks, Carroll :smile:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,361 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Di - I find high end restaurants much easier than cheap joints. I just have the delicious protein bits with lovely salad or veggies, no carbs. I sometimes ask for no potatoes, extra veg. Dont eat all the sauce. No dessert, of course, but I do have a great espresso, no sugar. I do have wine, but sometimes I have a small dry white in a very large tumbler of soda water. I always enjoy my food, but I love fish and seafood, so it's not usually a problem. I do 600 calories plus of exercise every day, so I have quite a few calories to play with. I lost 57 pounds by eating my earned calories back. :D No cheating and rigorous logging. The maths work. Like a lot of others on here I eat a lot of veggies and protein. Just suits me.I managed to go on a two week cruise and not put on a pound following that principle. I even amazed myself! :D
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,720 Member
    Options
  • MissDi321
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon asking for double veggies is an idea. might do that. usually they cook them nicely. with picnics on Sat and Sunday, I will have to find time to do some exercise---another high cal weekend AAAAUUGGGG
    :s
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday. I am so far behind I may never catch up. I work 6-6 today and the weekend and Monday. So not looking forward to it with the full moon. My eating has been out of control and I did not weigh in this week. I have to get my ducks in a row. Only to get up to 79 today with some rain. Sounds like we are in for some cooler days and I am happy about that.

School started here yesterday and glad about that. DS and DDIL signed papers on their new house and started moving yesterday also. Went over after work last evening and took a tour. Very nice and lots of room. So glad I am working this weekend and won't be helping with the move.

Lisa and Rori--You both look great! Sounds like a good time was had. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Gloria--So sorry to hear about your mom. Sounds like you have had a lot to handle this last month. Happy to have you back. Sending prayers and hugs.

Plur--I am glad you posted the story about your feelings after your dad passes. Sharing is what this is all about.

I am up to the top of page 38, Work all weekend so hoping by then I will be caught up. Take care.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,361 Member
    Options
    Di - Can you take stuff to the picnic? Michele sometimes takes a crudités selection to her socials. You can take a nice low cal dip with it. Then you can sit there gnawing away at celery all day! :laugh:

Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    home from work and having a cup of tea, today ,tomorrow and mon and tuesday I am working up in the front, they have a temp assistant as one of the managers is out on vacation.. so I am learning more stuff , and maybe they will not hire someone for the front and leave me there.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Vicki- I have weeks like that too. Sometimes I just make myself just man up and get on the darn scales so it's a slap in the face. Other times I try to clean up my act before taking the plunge. I admit to not recording it when their headed the wrong way but I am committing to doing it any way. Right now I am trying to pre log my food as much as possible. Seems to be helping me honest. Sounds like a busy weekend for you but I know you'll get back on your track.

Di- happy anniversary! Enjoy! My DH works mostly evenings and I wok days so leftovers are popular in our house. I always immediately cut my dinner in half so I can take half home. Also as was mentioned salad and appetizer works too sometimes as long as they have something better than wings and potatoe skins on the menu!! We will be dining out as well tonight although I don't know where. I already pre logged a couple of cocktails so I have an idea of how much of what I can eat. I try to make something healthy for picnics just to help me out. Funny how much people can like heathy food if you don't tell them it's healthy!

Have a great evening All! Check in tomorrow.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Miriam, love the pic and the hair color is great. You look so young :) Thanks for sharing.

Janetr okc