First Dates: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Options

Replies

• Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Worst one was probably the "truth speaker" guy. He was wildly into conspiracy theories and spent most of our date trying to convince me that the world was flat. He also had this really weird crazy look in his eyes which was creepy and off putting.

Best one was just last night actually. We met up at a bar like we had planned, hit it off straight away then after a few drinks confessed to each other that we're not really 'bar people' and would rather be sitting outside somewhere. So we bought some chicken wings and beers then sat down at this beautiful, picturesque lighthouse chatting and laughing for a couple of hours.. It was perfect, full moon, clear sky.. we even saw a fox! <3

@Thisnameischosen_ Was it this guy??

p3le2.jpg

More creepy.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    One this week where he wanted me to hang with his family on the first date and how he wants kids with me...safe to say he's now gone!
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Angela937 wrote: »
    The ugly: My date took me back to his place, and everything was going really well. Then he shoved himself down my throat and came, and I puked all over him.

I was mortified! I kept apologizing and expected him to be mad, but he was just shocked then was like it's ok it happens. I haven't seen him since!

You're the one who should have been mad. That is not cool.
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Verchild wrote: »
    I'm very very new to the idea of dating again, so I have no new stories, but I'm going to live vicariously through everyone else for a while. This should be good.

popcorn_yes.gif

Me too
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    suvoth wrote: »
    Newly seperated and you guys are all scaring me. lol

There are good dudes out there. I think. Maybe. I don't know. :p.

Honestly, some time away from dating will probably be a good thing. After my divorce, I spent a lot of time seeing what I did wrong and working hard on changing for the better. I'm certainly not there yet, but dating is much better knowing I feel like I can bring something useful into the relationship without dragging past issues or bitterness with me.
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    To make a long story short.
    Aaaand a bit of advise.
    On a movie date. Don't EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, think your being smart by bringing this particular so called healthy homemade snack. A sugarfree caramel covered apple. Made with lots and lots of sugarfree caramels. Don't, just don't. And stay away from the sugarfree gummie bears too.
    :neutral:

Aren't those the ones that have all those reviews on amazon for giving you really bad gas?

And little more than just gas...
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Omg. This is terrifying. I just got out of my relationship 4 days ago, so I'm not ready to date yet. But thinking about dating and reading all these horror stories, terrifies me
  • Verchild
    Verchild Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    One this week where he wanted me to hang with his family on the first date and how he wants kids with me...safe to say he's now gone!

Dang.. thats aggressive.
  • Verchild
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    Verchild wrote: »
    Angela937 wrote: »
    The ugly: My date took me back to his place, and everything was going really well. Then he shoved himself down my throat and came, and I puked all over him.

I was mortified! I kept apologizing and expected him to be mad, but he was just shocked then was like it's ok it happens. I haven't seen him since!

Honestly I think you are a hero simply doing that in the first place.

z2xfwy623l3k.gif

This made me laugh outloud.
  • Verchild
    Options
    I'm just using this thread as a guide on what not to do on a date. Don't mind me.

*Taking notes as I scroll through*
  • Verchild
    Options
    OMG - I saw Spaceballs when I was in high school. I'm dating myself here...

Glad I'm not alone thinking that. :P
  • Jecka987
    Jecka987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Went on a date with a guy I didn't know at all, ordered dinner, he asked if I was vegetarian, I said yes, I don't really believe in killing things. Then I asked what he did, and he told me he was a military sniper. Sigh.
  • Jecka987
    Jecka987 Posts: 47 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Oh I just thought of another one! First proper date with a guy I'd know for awhile. Went great, bought him home. Went into my flat, I went to fix us drinks. Then I hear him talking to someone in my (I thought) empty lounge. I go in to see what is going on, to find my ex-boyfriend, who had smashed a window and climbed into my house to wait in the lounge, in the dark, for me. Super glad I bought new guy inside, although not for the reasons I'd originally though.
  • Verchild
    Options
    Jecka987 wrote: »
    Oh I just thought of another one! First proper date with a guy I'd know for awhile. Went great, bought him home. Went into my flat, I went to fix us drinks. Then I hear him talking to someone in my (I thought) empty lounge. I go in to see what is going on, to find my ex-boyfriend, who had smashed a window and climbed into my house to wait in the lounge, in the dark, for me. Super glad I bought new guy inside, although not for the reasons I'd originally though.

Thats... pretty messed up. Seriously, where are you ladies finding these psychopaths?
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Jecka987 wrote: »
    Went on a date with a guy I didn't know at all, ordered dinner, he asked if I was vegetarian, I said yes, I don't really believe in killing things. Then I asked what he did, and he told me he was a military sniper. Sigh.

I have a close friend who is a combat vet with several tours and who loves to hunt, and his wife is a pacifist and vegan. It works. I don't know how, but they've been together for years.
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I took a guy with physical Tourette's (shaking and jerking) to see the first paranormal activity years ago when it was in theatres. Poor guy was so stressed out he was practically vibrating when it was over
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Was his name BoB and did you happen to keep him in your purse?

Ahaha nope, a real dude