POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    i'm about a quarter of the way through level 20, and i'm catching every weedle, pidgey, caterpie, spearow and any other thing i see for the XP points, and i'll eventually stack evolve them with a couple of lucky eggs to double my xp and jump a few levels

My goodness you people know lots about this

d12b29a084c245ff9f1b3b41f5c53512355cce6d508d14fab6fe68281309f5e9.jpg

you person?
    although my girl @Lady_Spartan15 seems to know lots too
  • meendriss
    meendriss Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Super happy with this game! <3 I just walked for about 4 hours yesterday, finding Pokemon (and walking off that pizza that I ate :blush: ) Used a lucky egg while also sitting at a lured pokestop, which turned out to be a mistake because I was too busy catching pidgeys to manage to evolve everything. Still, managed to get almost 3 lvl ups (2000xp short of lvl 19 now).
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Ready to evolve my Abra, Weepinbell, and Jigglypuff.. Waiting till tomorrow ( I will have a lucky egg) :bigsmile:

right now I am seriously stacking pidgey, weedles, and ratata to use with my lucky egg. I have 500-800 candies for them!

When you start evolving - evolve to a new pokemon first, as that also gives you pokedex registration points. Then the more candies you need to evolve the more points so evolve those with the 100, 50, 25 and 12 in that order. The problem potentially with that many candies you may run out of lucky egg time as evolving takes a fair few seconds.
    And yes I have run out of lucky egg in the middle of evolving - not going to repeat the language that was uttered at that stage o:)

I know! that's so annoying! I ran out of my egg after about 45 evolutions. I did go from level 20 to nearly level 22 though.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Ready to evolve my Abra, Weepinbell, and Jigglypuff.. Waiting till tomorrow ( I will have a lucky egg) :bigsmile:

right now I am seriously stacking pidgey, weedles, and ratata to use with my lucky egg. I have 500-800 candies for them!

When you start evolving - evolve to a new pokemon first, as that also gives you pokedex registration points. Then the more candies you need to evolve the more points so evolve those with the 100, 50, 25 and 12 in that order. The problem potentially with that many candies you may run out of lucky egg time as evolving takes a fair few seconds.
    And yes I have run out of lucky egg in the middle of evolving - not going to repeat the language that was uttered at that stage o:)

I know! that's so annoying! I ran out of my egg after about 45 evolutions. I did go from level 20 to nearly level 22 though.

thats my plan. i have about 4-5 pokemon to evolve into new pokemon, and a bunch of commons and stuff to evolve for the XP.

i have to catch about 52 more magikarp before i can evolve one to a gyrados, so probably by then i'll have enough to jump at least two levels.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Husband and I walked 9 miles around the lake yesterday. Caught about 35 Magikarp. There were tons of Slowpokes and Psyducks too. 2 more weekends where we do the same thing and I should get a Gyarados, get my Golduck into the 1800+ CP range, and hopefully evolve a big CP Slowbro than I can level up quickly. Not that CP really matters much to me, I still haven't gone to a gym...

There's gonna be a lucky egg evolving party on my neighborhood PokeStop walk tonight. I've got a bunch saved up.
  • RachelElser
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    i'm about a quarter of the way through level 20, and i'm catching every weedle, pidgey, caterpie, spearow and any other thing i see for the XP points, and i'll eventually stack evolve them with a couple of lucky eggs to double my xp and jump a few levels

My goodness you people know lots about this

d12b29a084c245ff9f1b3b41f5c53512355cce6d508d14fab6fe68281309f5e9.jpg

lol, a few years ago I took a co-woker's young teen daughter to an anime con because my co-worker really did not want to go. She pulled up to drop us off, and there was a large group of people and she says "Look! It's a herd of your people!" Makes me laugh to this day!
  • RachelElser
    Options
    Husband and I walked 9 miles around the lake yesterday. Caught about 35 Magikarp. There were tons of Slowpokes and Psyducks too. 2 more weekends where we do the same thing and I should get a Gyarados, get my Golduck into the 1800+ CP range, and hopefully evolve a big CP Slowbro than I can level up quickly. Not that CP really matters much to me, I still haven't gone to a gym...

There's gonna be a lucky egg evolving party on my neighborhood PokeStop walk tonight. I've got a bunch saved up.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice, what state do you live in? I have no water near me, :(
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice, what state do you live in? I have no water near me, :(

Any artificial lakes? There's a college campus near me with an artificial "lake" and fountains in it right in the middle of campus. There's always a ton of Magikarp and Psyducks there.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    just need 19 more magikarp. got three this morning. hoping to evolve by the end of september
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    @Villae81 if you could stop showing off your Magikarp, that'd be great! K, thanks :tongue:

@Lady_Spartan15 if you need Magikarp come visit me and I'll take you to where we found like unlimited Magikarp flopping around.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Magikarp update:26. Go me.....*grumbles* :tired_face:
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    Magikarp update:26. Go me.....*grumbles* :tired_face:

I feel you Boo.. I feel you!!

giphy.gif[img][/img]
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    I'm tempted to post my phone around to my overseas peeps.

Guess I better clear those photos and browser history, first.... :open_mouth:
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

except if you want to take gyms / get the pokemon with the highest cp you should go the opposite way, do the math to find out how many evolutions you can create per tier then start with your most powerful of the lowest tier. once you've evolved those, then you choose the most powerful of the second tier, etc. that way by the time you are evolving to the highest level you're going to end up with the most powerful pokemon.