Where are all the metalheads?

Options

Replies

• BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Currently listening to Vulgar Display of Power.
    Has aged VERY well
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I grew up playing Hair Metal! Can still play the complete works of Poison and used to look like David Coverdale....back in the day. LOL B)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    fatguy3382 wrote: »
    I'd love some metalhead MFP friends. Got some Lamb of God going as we speak. Love Parkway Drive, Pantera, Suicide Silence and the like. Feel free to add me. Metal makes the gym weights so much lighter.

I loved me some Parkway Drive, until they decided that this most recent album needed a lot more "whoaoaoaoaoas". Between that and gangshouts, I can't decide which I hate more. Atlas and Deep Blue are still on my lifting playlist though.

I was expecting Suicide Silence to go to hell after Mitch died, but being a huge ASP fan, I love the fact that Eddie ended up being the replacement.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Going to see Sabaton and Accept in January . Looking forward to that . Hard to beat a metal gig for fun , adrenaline and laughter .
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm still hung up on the latest HellYeah album. Always was a HUGE Mudvayne fan, and Chad seems to be pushing the HellYeah stuff more in that direction. I saw Shaman's Harvest, HellYeah, and In This Moment a few weeks back. Fantastic show.
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My favorite Behemoth song is that really fast one with all the drums.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    undergloom wrote: »
    My favorite Behemoth song is that really fast one with all the drums.

Oh yeah, I know the one you're talking about.
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    I'm still hung up on the latest HellYeah album. Always was a HUGE Mudvayne fan, and Chad seems to be pushing the HellYeah stuff more in that direction. I saw Shaman's Harvest, HellYeah, and In This Moment a few weeks back. Fantastic show.

I am still, quite frankly, annoyed that the most talented musician in MudVayne (Ryan Martinie) has been kind of left holding his dick with the whole HellYeah thing.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    This is my fav thread B)
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I also like that Opeth song where it gets quiet in the middle, as well as that Judas Priest song that took on a whole different meaning after Rob Halford came out of the closet.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    fatguy3382 wrote: »
    I'd love some metalhead MFP friends. Got some Lamb of God going as we speak. Love Parkway Drive, Pantera, Suicide Silence and the like. Feel free to add me. Metal makes the gym weights so much lighter.

parkway drive you say? We can be friends :lol:
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I am still, quite frankly, annoyed that the most talented musician in MudVayne (Ryan Martinie) has been kind of left holding his dick with the whole HellYeah thing.

Yeah, I'm still not quite sure what the deal is with Ryan or, really MudVayne in general. It seems like there's some bad blood between several of the old members but I'm not sure what or why.

As a (possibly) interesting side note, Ryan actually lives about 20 minutes from me.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    Going to see Sabaton and Accept in January . Looking forward to that . Hard to beat a metal gig for fun , adrenaline and laughter .

Very jealous. Sabaton hasn't been near me for quite some time :disappointed:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    apparently anything is classified metal with this thread lol...........

yea , im the most metal of all the metals
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    alyssagb1 wrote: »

You can come with me . Cool metal chicks are the best .
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »

Yeah, I'm still not quite sure what the deal is with Ryan or, really MudVayne in general. It seems like there's some bad blood between several of the old members but I'm not sure what or why.

As a (possibly) interesting side note, Ryan actually lives about 20 minutes from me.

None of them have really spoken about it much, other than some brief statements from Ryan when he was covering for Fieldy during a Korn tour years back.

It wouldn't bother me so bad if HellYeah was at least as decent as MudVayne was, but nah, not even close. They're not terrible, but MV was on a whole different level. Granted, this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of technical music, which HellYeah is definitely not.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Sabaton were in Belfast a few weeks ago.
    *kitten* great gig.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I'm there! :tongue:
  • SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    Options

If you like metal chicks (which who doesn't?) check out Jinjer. New album is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98LI-arNS4