Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is dairy good or bad?

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Dairy kicks *kitten*. End of story.

That's horrible :(
    No wonder some people hate it...
  • miky619
    miky619 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    nope its not meant for us but hey YU will not die i personaly never liked milk but today milk none should drink(Hormones,fat,puss,parasytes...)almond milk cashew milk so easy to make and its FREAKING DELICIOUS!!! ps dont buy make yourself its so easy to make 100 g of almonds and 500 ml of water 1 L milk even more sometimes ;) have fun
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    it is high in fat but if you stick to a portion, it is good.

What if I drink skim milk?

You'll get Diet Cancer of the AIDS...or something.

Yeah. And full-blown Aids, not just diet-HIV. Proper Aids.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    miky619 wrote: »
    nope its not meant for us but hey YU will not die i personaly never liked milk but today milk none should drink(Hormones,fat,puss,parasytes...)almond milk cashew milk so easy to make and its FREAKING DELICIOUS!!! ps dont buy make yourself its so easy to make 100 g of almonds and 500 ml of water 1 L milk even more sometimes ;) have fun

My, aren't you so blissfully misinformed.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    miky619 wrote: »

Is this meant as a joke?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    What does it even mean to claim that milk is not MEANT for us. If we are able to be nourished by it (and many of us have the genes that allow that), how is it not meant for us in a way that other animals or animal products or plants we eat (like, say, cows themselves or chickens or deer or eggs or almonds or broccoli or bananas are)? This way of looking at it just makes no sense to me. If nothing else it presupposes intelligent design, which is a religious POV, but then doesn't finish out the argument.

Thanks for pointing that out. You've got it exactly right. To say we are not "meant" to do something is an explicitly religious argument. But these statements are always made implicitly and don't consider what else we are meant or not meant to do.

I'm totally on board with religious arguments, by the way, but I think they should be made honestly. From my point of view, "milk and honey" are good things. ;)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Dairy is bad, it once stole $50 from me.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Dairy is bad, it once stole $50 from me.

Someone needs to kick Dairy right in the mammaries. I almost said testicles, but since that's not where dairy comes from...
  • lurline27
    lurline27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can't stand milk. Doesn't matter if it's white if it's chocolate if it's skim low-fat whatever. I might could have like about 2 tablespoons of 2% milk with cereal but that's not often. Cheese. That's my serious serious dairy. I love cheese. Sam's had a colby jack habanero cheese as hot as hell but so good. I haven't suffered from not having milk. My I am 64 years old and my bones are just fine. I go where I want. When I want.. Steps going up if I have to do a lot of well it hurts my face but no other problems as far as I can tell. As far as long term goes I don't really care cuz I hope I don't live to be no 100 years old.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    What does it even mean to claim that milk is not MEANT for us. If we are able to be nourished by it (and many of us have the genes that allow that), how is it not meant for us in a way that other animals or animal products or plants we eat (like, say, cows themselves or chickens or deer or eggs or almonds or broccoli or bananas are)? This way of looking at it just makes no sense to me. If nothing else it presupposes intelligent design, which is a religious POV, but then doesn't finish out the argument.

I like it when people say those things. It makes it easier to weed out those that are incapable of critical thinking.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'd say good in moderation, "enough" is good for you. Chowing down on a whole slab of cheese isn't the best idea though.
  • caoimhemolloy
    caoimhemolloy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I mean is it really natural for human beings to drink the milk of another animal? Cows milk is designed for calves
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'd say good in moderation, "enough" is good for you. Chowing down on a whole slab of cheese isn't the best idea though.

Why?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I mean is it really natural for human beings to drink the milk of another animal? Cows milk is designed for calves

https://www.dairyfarmers.ca/farmers-voice/farming/milk-myths-debunked-dairy-is-scary-or-not