Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lana - are you starting a beatnik trend?? Next card you will get I thought it was funny.....

Week almost over. Found out why I have to stay upright after taking antibiotic (acid reflux potential) wow they think of everything.

Frozen lasagna in toaster oven. Pretty brain dead so find me under Lana's Palm Tree with dog.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good Morning - TGIF!!

Oatmeal made with water tastes like glue - so I will add milk back in starting next week, I was trying to lessen the milk intake and the sugar grams. Maybe half water/ half milk??

Ultrasound today, so I am taking a little yarn to crochet flower while I wait. I need to have IUD removed and they need to find it to remove it (I guess that makes sense).The device to remove is unreachable - this is going to be interesting and will involve chocolate. Toe is looking less red and swollen which is nice to see a little change so quickly.

Just glad its Friday.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    Sara
    Good morning. Best of luck with your thing today. I hope is will not be uncomfortable, or at least not painful, and lastly if it does hurt then only for a moment.

I am doing OK, but very weary. This morning is last hours in lovely hotel room. Around noon DH is coming with Lyft van to take me back home to my hovel on the west side. I will SO miss the huge sunny windows on the east side of this 32nd floor!
    I am weak and still can do almost nothing. I've been eating healthy food an then having a pint of Ben and Jerrys.
    Help me to stop that "treat" mentality.

Sara - is there anything in Beck about treats and rewards - that addresses that mentality that I learned as a child. Something unpleasant garners something sugary and chocolate-y?
    Don't answer that now actually. I still have to go back days and read all the posts.

Sara - I will see your cards once I've gotten home and get DH to go into the mailbox. Thank you for them!

Big waves to all who stop by. Geeeeez Im exhausted from typing this.

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    TGIF! Whew. Made it through dropping DS off at college. It was a beautiful and fun day, but tears were shed at the end. Still feeling emotional but have already heard from him as his phone charger isn't working...and he actually thinks it is his phone after using different cords and outlets. So, we may be getting him a new phone and running it out to him. Luckily college is close-by.

Diet yesterday was all carbs. Tasted good but feeling bloated today. Back on track this morning and insisting to DH and kids that this weekend will be good.

Trying to decide if I want to stay in the class I am in for this semester or drop by today. I should keep plugging away but I'm just not into it right now. But afraid if I don't take a class this semester, it will be even harder to take one next semester. I just feel so frazzled right now.

Very happy it's Friday. Next week will also be busy with activities or meetings 3 nights next week. Going to enjoy this weekend relaxing!
  • No_Playa
    No_Playa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Sorry I missed the posts about Lana, I can't tell if you are laid up or at a conference or something else... I hope you are doing well!

ASalner, Big changes now that your DS is out of the house! Be kind to yourself.

Sara, I love my oatmeal. I make it with water but pour milk over it with berries or cinnamon. I've also cooked it with raisins and they get all big and plump. Yum. Maybe I'll make some this morning. I add the milk for protein but understand why someone would not want to.

So Day 3. I'm still mad at myself for letting my inner sloth rule for so long. But, I don't feel completely defeated. I have a really cheap scale with a red needle but from what I can tell I've crossed back under the highest ever decade. I've talked to many friends and they all say they gain weight over the summer. Seems counter intuitive but more burgers, more beer and parties.

Counting calories is new to me. I've kind of always been against it. :) How strict are you guys with your limit? Like in WW I always used my weekly points so I was not super concerned if one day was slightly over. 1250 calories, man, I have to plan every bite like a carefully orchestrated symphony. It feels low but let me see how this week goes.

Last night I thought I would sleep but I had a horrible headache... I attribute that to detoxing additives and whatever other crap my body has gotten used to lately. I'm still feeling sleepy and would love to go crawl back in bed.

Hope toes (sara) and hearts (asalner) and whatever else (lana) ails you heals quickly. Sara- and a special call out for the IUD procedure. May that go swiftly and as planned.

TGIF!
    Chamie

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Just a quick stop. Mentioned to new friend at work about needing someone to hold me accountable. She didn't say much. She gets here this morning and says we're going for a jog around the bldg. Ok! She pushed me to finish and encouraged me along the way. This may be just what I need! BBL
    Happy Friday
  • No_Playa
    Options
    Arniedog- Good job! I love it when I get in unexpected exercise!
  • ASalner
    Options
    Well, I decided to drop the class. I know I'm likely just feeling too over-emotional right now about DS going to college and that's not helping anything. But when I tried to talk to DH about dropping the class, I just broke down in tears and said it feels like too much. DH is totally supportive of me taking a break.

I honestly do worry about how school will go for DD. And I'm already not the most patient and understanding parent in the world. Especially with her. We are like oil and water a lot of times. But I want to do better and I know I can't do better if I'm running myself ragged. I feel a little wimpy that I'm giving up when DH is going to take two classes this semester. But my mom just said not to feel guilty about doing what is right for me.

So, taking a deep breath. Committing to being that better mother I want to be. Committing to taking care of myself along the way. I need to keep up my exercise and keep working on losing this weight. Planning to work out our budget and stick to it to pay down some bills and get our finances in better order. Planning to really watch the sales and do more couponing.
  • No_Playa
    Options
    No_Playa= Chamie I changed my user name back to my WW name. Using my real name -first and last seems like a bit to much exposure, like someone from high school could find me and my weight loss thoughts. Ugh. No thanks. I would not revisit that time. Ever.

I am feeling good that I managed to not drink beer or wine this week! I have so many other things to get back into balance but I know that just because DH has a drink with dinner does not mean I need to join in. And I can still have a beer or two on the week ends.

This week-end I plan on getting back into Wogging. Walk/Jog/Walk/Jog. One thing at a time.

Annie- I'm a mom too and it's good that kids are resilient- don;t beat yourself up. Just grow as you go. We can't be perfect. I make all kinds of mistakes large and small. All. The. Time. My older son has behavior issues and goes to a social skills class among other interventions. He may even have to leave the public school. We are a constant work in progress but I know I'm a good mom. I may be chubby, prone to depression, over reactionary, over indulgent, have badly behaved kids ..the list goes on and on.. but we do the best we can. Kids are their own people with their own quirks and journeys. I think taking a break from school sounds perfect. Kids leaving home have a different affect on moms than dads so don't compare yourself. Take the time to take care of you.

Happy Friday! 1.5 hrs to go.

Chamie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - are you OK? Thinking of you. (Pitiful me forgot to stop at the mailbox on the way in the building today.)
    Sending you good vibes, but I'm worried about you.....I guess it's good it's only 5PM in CA, still......
    Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- good to see you on here. Don't wear yerself out, tho.

Sara- hope all went well.

Chamie- jog was short, but gotta build myself up. I walk daily. But, not a jogger...I think she will be a good supporter for me. Good on no beer or wine for you. Stay strong! I can't quit soda...ugh

TGIF...I still have 1 more day to work...then, its time to rest! Yay!

Not sure if I'll be back tonight... Have a good evening all!

Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tried to get a lot done in a short day, so I could not post from work.

Tired. Drank a lot of water for test and then sat and waited too long and went before being asked. It went okay but forgot how "fun" they were - asked tech about her Dansko shoes. I told young lady who drove me that there will be chocolate for me - we went and had soup / salad and half a brownie sundae. Over on calories today, but so be it.

Lana - ultrasound went okay, will find out what that means 2 weeks from now at ob/gyn apt.

Dog had to wait even longer to go outside and I lost track of time. If she had gone, I couldnt blame her.

Lot of answers for things today.
    =Lana - food is not your best reward, set up other options make food your last reward. I stopped reading Beck after day 5? How often do you inhale a "Ben & Jerry" anyway?
    =Dawn, wow that was a nice surprise keep up the new habit even if it means taking baby steps.
    =Chamie - no beer this week? Awesome - reward is earned.
    =Annie if that class was too much, good for knowing your limits and making yourself a priority.
    = Jen how is your accountability going?

Still working on twin baby hats and have another request for a baby blanket from another coworker - she was okay with the time frame I gave her. I make them quite large. I will ask her to look at colors to see if any work.

Under Lana's Palm Tree with Miss Tillie drifting off to sleep soon (dog walk first). Wishing all a good night.
  • ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    No_Playa wrote: »
    I made it through today. Tracked. Went for a walk and no beer! Phew.

Welcome ACJP! Oh man, phase 1 - Just check in and be accountable. Sometimes that is all I have in me but if I keep checking in, things stick and my mind frame changes to where I am ready to do what needs to be done. Everyday is a recommit. When I expect it to be easy, I fall out of my practice and end up back at the beginning..which is where I am at the moment, so I have major empathy!

I am trying to keep my eyes open. I have a call with India in another hour and a half.. brutal.

chamie

Thanks Chamie,

Yeh I find it's a spiral (both ways), when I'm eating well I feel like exersizing more which leads my body to crave healthy food. Then through the great resuts (weight loss, stronger, fitter) I become motivated to push myself more. And the opposite is true. I guess was just looking to be straight back to doing it all and really well -and when that didn't happen I got discouraged and gave up (again).
    The first time I started in baby steps so maybe thats the secret to getting back again.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Window open our cooler weather is nice.

Will try and make 2 pots of brown rice, one to make fried rice and the other to make stuffed bell peppers. That would fill my freezer with 8 meals that if I remember to take out and put in fridge before going to work I can have for dinner (I dont own a microwave). It also keeps me on target knowing I have dinner "ready".

Short list of to-do but one is to go to furniture store and see if I can get another recliner delivered next weekend and if they will move loveseat to neighbors place down the street. It would be worth the moving charge. My other recliner (also leaving) is a little worn, but the loveseat I would hate to see thrown out.

Knitting is on tap - last baby hat for awhile and will start working on baby blanket again. It got too hot this summer.

I ran into people at my regular restaurant, I havent seen in awhile (they changed shifts) and was nice to see them again. I started going there over 10 years ago, so people come and people go like most things .

Will stop by later.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Saturday morning

Slept in to the sound of rain. Windows are open due to beautiful, cool days. Woke with a headache, so took some Advil and slept awhile longer and later than I planned.

Missing DS. Made mistake of reading through texts from his old phone (we had to replace it yesterday and he said old phone wouldn't charge...but it worked for us.) Learned things I'd maybe rather not know. But he is out on his own and I have pray and trust that he won't make any huge mistakes or suffer any really terrible consequences for his actions and thoughts. It's hard to remember what it was like to be 18 and testing your wings.

Today will clean house for DD's 13th b-day party tomorrow. Need to run into town for some shopping for plates/napkins/ice cream. Still would like to find one more small gift for her.

Have any of you tried doing make-ahead freezer crockpot meals? I keep seeing Facebook posts about spending 4-5 hrs prepping on a weekend and having several meals ready to throw in the slow cooker. This might be a great thing for us.

Stomach was being touchy yesterday and this morning. Opted for a piece of toast versus an egg for breakfast. (Shame on me...too many carbs). The last two days have not been on plan, so trying to get back with it today.

Lana - so glad to hear from you!!!

Have a great day!
  • No_Playa
    Options
    Good Morning. Yes, batch cooking. I need to get up on this. We are going to be sunk in the water with 2 growing boys, school, activities, and both parents working FT if we don't figure out a healthy way to plan ahead. Someone gave me a subscription to Rachel Ray's mag and she has a plan this month where you make a bunch of basics, freeze them and then add basic pantry stuff to come up with a month of dinners. Sounds too good to be true- RR is not always calorie conscious but I like the idea. I don't cook but I get 3 different cooking magazines (all were gifts- is someone trying to tell me something??) There is also an online grocery shopping thing where they bring you groceries for 3 meals a week (or however many you want)... Seriously considering it.

Son number 1 passed his belt test in TaeKwonDo yesterday. Proud mama. His balance and strength have improved so much. It's fun to see this kid push himself.

So now as I brag about my kids, I am looking outside and see that they have smashed a bunch of apples from the apple tree up on the side of the garage leaving streaks of apple grossness on the wall. I was looking forward to having a relaxing Saturday, which I refuse to give up. I guess they will be out there scrubbing it off. Gross. Now I am "Not Pleased mama".

Yesterday went well. And then I ate a lite dinner. At the end of the day I had 200 cals left. DH and Kids ordered pizza and we always have family dinner so I sat down with them. I have no self control "just one bread stick".. became a lot more. Sigh. I should have just had a normal dinner. This is one of my biggest struggles. Do I wear a straight jacket or isolate myself in the basement for dinner? That is not a plan. I'm not overly upset about this one meal, but the pattern is a trouble spot for me.

Ok, off to log the pizza and bread sticks. Today I go shopping and find motivation to walk/run.

Here is to a relaxing Sat (I know some of you work.. but find it where you can).

Chamie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    One more errand - batch dinners see http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/ and Skinnytaste.com for freezer and crock pot recipes that work well.

Chamie - why are you cleaning up their mess? Let them help you. Just my 2 cents - in my life I would be cleaning up the whole thing.

bbl
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

(Just another hit and run post. Better to post, even if I have no energy to read and reply, than to not post at all, is my thinking.)
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Found a great Furniture place. He sells things to people in the Bay Area as well so Jen...... let me know.

Now I get to clean up house and start making dinner things. Ooops maybe after nap....love Saturdays.

Lana - good to see you here.

BBL.
  • No_Playa
    Options
    Sara- hella yes he cleaned up his own mess. I was just crabby I had to manage it as overseer. Actually it turned out ok.. He knew it was a bad idea on his part and hustled to get it done so he could play.

So I made a huge batch of cilantro rice with pineapple salad. Served with chicken tonight.. Tomorrow will be with shrimp. It's kinda sticky but I'm trying! The flavor is good, meh on the consistency. It would be good in a stuffed pepper.. Have to find a recipe for that.

Good on plan day here. Hubby just called to see if I could meet him for a burger. Sigh.. Last week I would have had no problem having a second dinner. Not tonight.

I'm going for a walk. I don't have it in me to jog.

Have a good evening.

Cham