Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• No_Playa
    No_Playa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Welcome One_Day. Checking in here is helpful and keeps me accountable... when I do it.

Jen, Yep. I think I am done with meetings too. It's hard to find a group that works and I find that a couple of people usually dominate and the topics can be lame. I think the last meeting I went to was about "Apples!". The ladies called out how many types of apples they could name and then things you could do with them. And then one women talked about her method for washing and peeling apples. There are two men, and they just get doted on like they are five year olds. Seriously we applaud when one of them admits to trying spinach for the first time.. To be fair, I have been to better meetings but they are still not for me. I like the weigh in but the group is torture. And yes to be transparent, I am the one in the back slouched in my chair trying not to scowl.

Annie, Your daughter does TKD? I'm so glad my son found it. He is only a yellow belt but I already see so much improvement in his coordination.

I'm so impatient. I've been on plan for almost a week and I worked out twice and I expect to be totally skinny by now. What is wrong with the world? Yes, I can laugh at myself but I still want results.

So this summer I met my biological dad for the first time and 3 of his daughters. Very interesting for many reasons but partially because I can see how much body type is genetic. My 3 sisters are all very similar to me in height, weight and shape. Growing up with a super skinny mom and step dad who then created my super skinny sister and brother, I always felt like I was doing something wrong.. to be the curvy shorter one in a family of tall wispy people sucked. And it double sucked because they really value being slender and fit. I think knowing these other women has made me more accepting. Rather than focusing on some low weight, I'm trying to find a healthy balance with my spirit animal the sloth... Ha. His powers run deep and are powerful within. I am content hanging out at the high weight for my height as long as I can maintain it and manage a healthy relationship with exercise. Ya, that sounds good. Let me see if I can implement that belief. :)

Have a fantastic Monday. More task management here. Ugh.

Chamie

• calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Morning-

Lana- Hope you are having a good Monday and feeling better. Hugs to you!

Chamie- You are me!!! There is one chair off in the corner and I sit there. I just try to smile and be part of the group but not feeling it. I also feel like half the time they are just trying to get you to buy the products. It just isnt working for me but i have till November. I hear you on the workout. I went 1 day and was like...oh look at me! Then I was like..oh yeah look at me..I look terrible. How wonderful you met your biological Dad/daughters. It does put things into perspective to see body types.

Annie- I hear ya with the weekends. I skip breakfast and then maybe binge on the night. I too feel like a broken record.

Sara- Good for you on the 1lb!

QOTW: What will you do this week to keep focused and OP.

AOTW: I am going to get to the gym 3x this week and get my water in. I also MUST work on breaking my new (been a month) Nutella habit. Ugh.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Calny thank you I was thinking of asking a QOTW but nothing sounded "good".

AOTW: focus on keeping the munchies away.
  • No_Playa
    Options
    AOTW:

I'll keep planning my food in advance. Really helpful to have several decent options in the fridge when I am hungry and know how they fit together to meet my calorie goal.

I am also paying attention to what I get out of certain rituals (like Calny's Starbucks..) I love a relaxing drink after work. I love the cold & the fizz and the pop that the can makes. This week I've been drinking La Croix. It's refreshing.. Now, I am not saying that bubbly water will always substitute for beer, but this week it's working..
  • AmandamazingLowCarb
    AmandamazingLowCarb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    AOTW: I am going to track all of my food, even if I have a bad day. I think it will help keep me on track to see not only how good I'm doing, but how bad the bad days are.

I'm also going grocery shopping tonight so my other goal is to not eat out at all this week.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    AOTW: DH and I have made a deal that we won't eat out again until my birthday in mid-September. Part of it is to be healthier...part of it is to save $$$. We want to keep our meals at home easy, healthy, and fairly cheap. Good luck to us! We planned chili, tacos, eggs & sausage, and grilled chicken breasts/veggies for M-Th this week for evening meals. Lunches are leftovers or if nothing else, a bowl of cereal. :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    crawling home, will work a little on baby hats,crochet some flowers, shower and then may just fall asleep early. Maintenance coming tomorrow to put new lights in bathroom vanity and help me clean the dust off the vanity ( I am too short), so I am almost glad they are not here today - just too tired.

Find me under Lana's Palm Tree watching Miss Tillie try and flirt with the cboys.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Chamie- Great that you met your biological Dad and Sisters. I totally understand the genetic body type issue. My Grandpa and 2 Uncles are skinny, my Grandma, Mom and Myself are heavier. My Aunt is skinny, but it's because she hates to eat and does so as little as possible. Unfortunately, I like food too much.

Sara- Congrats on the weight loss!

Waves to Lana! Hope Monday wasn't too overwhelming for you

Welcome to one day!

Back to work tomorrow... Not looking forward
    to it one bit. I love the animals... So tired of the boss...blah
  • one_day23
    one_day23 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Monday night!

Very happy girl with my day. This was a full hydrate day, no soda, didn't have any take out and had pretty 2 nice salads. I also was able to go to the gym for a step class and wrote a bike for 6 miles.

I started listening to Brooke Castillo's podcast. She is a great Life Coach and I can't wait to listen to more. Night everyone
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Oatmeal on the stove. Dog at my feet.

Finished last of 4 baby hats. Next time I will not mass produce these things..... Baby blanket and finish my stocking to adorn with crocheted flowers. These do not have a deadline.

One nice thing about my better lifestyle/food is that I no longer need to keep "irregularity" items in the house. I realized that this morning and with my sinus attacks year round...... I also sleep better, and while I will keep my aroma therapy, that is a wonderful side benefit.

AOTW: got into the granola last night >:) . Antibiotics get to my stomach at night, but next time a little yogurt will do better.

Need to get moving and start day.

Lana - pop in when you can.

Annie/ One day are the "no soda" champions. Keep up the good work.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Tuesday morning

Look out! I have another teenager in the house. DD turns 13 today...with a dental appt right away this morning and a tae kwon do test tonight. She started TKD this summer, so just testing for her first colored belt. It has been very good for her...great for her motor skills and focus and also a good self-esteem/self-confidence builder!

Yesterday was great. I resisted some temptations, tracked everything, felt good, didn't starve. Planning for more of the same today.

Feeling tired today. I think it's mental tiredness. I'm in charge of training new guy at work...compounded by the fact that I'm training him from 70 miles away, so it's all remote, i.e. email, Webex, and instant messenger. I don't particularly like training people and I find this very taxing.

I'll CBL! Also lurking from work. :)
  • No_Playa
    Options
    Good Morning.

Annie, 13 wow! Get ready. Yes my son just earned his first belt too. So far I think the TKD program is great.

Final count down to first day of school next Tuesday. School supplies are bought and new clothes and shoes have been ordered. My son's feet are now as big as mine! How?

Next project is clutter. I could get rid of 50% of my stuff and still have too much crap.

I have tracked all week. Yay. I have even logged my food for today. I am planning my whole day around BLTs for dinner. Is that sad? White bread, mayo and bacon - The trifecta of deliciousness. And yes the tomatoes are amazing right now. So a side salad with more tomatoes.

I am glad to have you all here on Serial Starters! I think you are all sane, as far as I can tell :) , and approach weight loss in a healthy measured way. I was reading some of the other boards this morning... some people are trying to beef up and eat 3300 calories total protein, others who are 115 want to go sub 110. I can't relate to either. I appreciate different goals but man, if I can just get into a normal "healthy" range, I will be thrilled.

Onward.
    Chamie
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Morning All-

Sara- Since we are on the topic : ) . I noticed the same thing about keeping those items in the house. I am having my main (big) meal at work around 1pm. At night it has been super light but I am not feeling hungry either. I think that has helped with my sleep- the not going to be feeling stuffed and indigestion. I also have a great morning routine and ready to start my day. : )

Annie- Happy Birthday to your daughter! Enjoy those teen years : )

Chamie- I'm still unpacking and wondering how I kept all the stuff I have in the space I had. I also hate clutter so I want to keep things as minimal as possible and not fill up a 2br just for the sake of it. I hear ya with being realistic goal wise/weight wise.

I have to say my experience with WW the company has not been great the past month or so. Still having problems logging in, getting charged for online and meetings. I feel like for what I am getting, I don't need them. The most important thing for me is the support and these boards are doing it. AND they are free!! The other part is exercising and that is just getting my butt to the gym. I joined last Monday and went that day only. I was supposed to go yesterday but came home and was so tired - slept till 7pm. I joined with a friend but I don't like having to be committed to a time. It's hard for me to do 4:30 so I actually rather come home, relax and go out at 7pm when it's less crowded. Still working on the "routine" thing. My super positive was I drank a ton of water.

Have any of you heard that you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces?? I always thought it was 8 8oz glasses. But that is far less than my 1/2 body weight.

Lana- hope you are resting, recouperating and feeling better!!!

Jen-
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Got home quickly for maintenance man, had dinner while I waited and still waiting.....Gave dog stairs/ramp to coworker with an older dog - it was only good for stubbing my toe. Will donate money to another coworker to help his sons scout fundraiser and popcorn gets donated to soldier/veteran. Saturday I give love seat and maybe recliner to neighbor. Tis the week of giving.

Hope to get a little knitting in.

Jen - with my new meds I have to drink 4 glasses more of water than usual - not a big water drinker here.

Will stop by later before the bar under Lana's Palm Tree closes.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    will go and watch the "joy of painting" on youtube and maybe knit a little.......
  • ASalner
    Options
    DD passed her tae kwon do test and is now officially an orange belt! Was a good eating day until the brownie I had for dessert. Just not up to exercising tonight. Really am planning to get to bed early. DH and I are just beat.

Watching America's Got Talent right now. Love it!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Scale was kind to me today, of course it was - not official weigh in day!! Encouraging.

New neighbors moved in after midnight last night. Dog barking up a storm, so grabbed dog and camped out in another room for awhile and got a little more sleep. It has been so long since I have had a full nights sleep I dont know what it is.

Cafe is having Chinese Chicken for lunch and so less for me to pack in my lunch bag.

Lana -- as you pay your end of month bills, can you pop by? Thinking of you and hoping things are better if only slightly.

Need to scoot, will lurk from work. Waving to all - have a great Wednesday.
  • SMA1978
    SMA1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello!

The name and purpose of this board is great! Serial starter totally describes me. I've started and stopped WW several times, did nutrisystem and other attempts at losing. I have gotten sidetracked by life events that I let be more important than me. No more!
    It was a recent life event that made the lightbulb go off. I've always put other people's happiness before my own and if it resulted in my unhappiness I would compensate with food.
    So anyway... Here is to a new perspective and the final start of this life journey. I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Susan
  • ASalner
    Options
    Wednesday (but wishing it was Saturday) :)

Got to bed a bit earlier...but not quite as early as I wanted to. Will try again tonight! Need to be sure I get some exercise tonight. Have been letting stress/emotions glue me to the couch feeling tired and sad. Time to get off my duff and do something good for me.

Would have been a pretty good eating day yesterday except for the two brownies I ate for dessert to celebrate DD's bday. Should have abstained completely. Or stopped at one.

Sara - that's great news on the scale!

Welcome Susan!

Lana - stop by and say hi when you have a chance and the energy!

Good plan for today. Egg and coffee for breakfast, leftover chili for lunch, and eggs & sausage planned for supper. Snacks are cucumber slices, light string cheese, and greek yogurt. Lots of water. At work for the day and then we have DD's 7th grade open house tonight at the middle school. Hard to believe tomorrow is September!

Will also lurk from work. Wave to all who follow!

Annie
  • No_Playa
    Options
    Hello,

Susan, Yes join us! I've been successful on every plan multiple times and then fail at every plan too. I seriously wonder how much $$ I have spent trying to lose the same 20 lbs over and over again..My goal is to be accountable and meet a reasonable weight goal that I am willing to do the work to keep.

So maybe I am not ready for french bread in the house? I snuck 2 extra pieces and stuffed them in my mouth when no one was looking. I'm not freaking over the 2 pieces but the behavior is not cool. I think I am in denial about all my weird food stuff. On a positive note, still no beer this week. I did overeat yesterday but I also got my run/walk in and tracked. And my mood is better.

Off to a work meeting.

I'll check in later when I track today.

-C