Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Life's too short not to have fun. Drink and be merry!! Even if it's diet soda or beer or hot dogs or cheesecake or CheesePuffs or Twinkies.

Have you tried Hot 'n Honey Cheez Doodles? Bangin.

Interested!! is that a Canadian thing? I've never seen Doodles, and I know snacks!

I'm in the US (CT). I only ever find them at Big Lots and Dollar Tree.

I'm checking them out, let you know. Big Lots is walking distance, burn some calories B)

I feel so much pressure right now. If you don't like them, that's pretty much it for me.

273ce8c99f971a4414b0212a17ca59598b19beef767f025ff24a41d57023ea89.jpg

LOL I didn't mean to put you on the spot!! honest!! Maybe I will drive instead, if that makes you feel better. :)

But but but what about dem calorie burnz? :s
  • VT802VT
    VT802VT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Over all, soda is pretty pointless to take into your body.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    NEOHgirl wrote: »
    Yes, everyone, I am aware that EVERYTHING is made of chemicals - my apologies for using the word in more colloquial way. Let me clarify - my personal preference is to eat and drink things that occur in nature, not developed in a lab. I gave up artificial sweeteners years ago and I don't miss them. Do your research, mind your sources, and make whatever informed decision you feel is best.
    So EVERYTHING you eat is freshly pulled off a tree or from the ground? Because if not, it's NOT "natural" in your terms.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    red99ryder wrote: »
    I always liked the joke .. Have you ever seen a skinny person drinking a diet coke lol.

I drink regular when I do have them

Good luck
    Yep. Lots of people. Many from my gym alone.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    red99ryder wrote: »
    I always liked the joke .. Have you ever seen a skinny person drinking a diet coke lol.

I drink regular when I do have them

Good luck
    Yep. Lots of people. Many from my gym alone.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I actually drink Pepsi max as pre and intra workout at the gym and I'm not overweight unless you consider 5'8 130 fat.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    steph7007 wrote: »
    steph7007 wrote: »
    Aaron _k123

Thank you for your opinion but are you a doctor? Um, no is my guess. Or do you specialize in kidney health? Um no is my guess. Or do you read stuff on the Web and take it as gospel? Yes, would be my guess.

My kidney health is fantastic. Just sayin...maybe cause I drink water... lol.... I don't know...

Have you tested your kidneys? Probably not...

What I wrote was for people to read and think about. But thank you for your response.

Well, he's not an md but he has a pH.d

PH.D in what? Lol.... this is so funny. Lol.. do what you want... but thank you again for your opinion

Molecular biology and biochemistry so yeah he's an expert. What's your training?

Yeah, but does he have a Youtube channel?

No :-(

That wasn't a requirement for your dissertation

No...but my dissertation is available online if you are ready for that thrilling gripping read. 159 pages of pure awesome, will leave you gripping your seat waiting to find out what happens next.

I actually would read this... Just saying.

You have a high tolerance for pain or a lot of free time on your hands.

Hahaha. I'm a nerd and a glutton for punishment. I spent two years of undergrad making graphene supercapacitors on glass slides. A lot of that time was spent figuring out how to get glass as clean and uncontaminated as possible. Surely your dissertation is more interesting than my step-by-step guide on how to optimize glass cleanliness with a sonicator ;)

Hah. One of the most unforgiving pieces of work I witnessed was someone working on yeast as a model for aging. Yeast replicates by a process called budding where the daughter cell buds off from the mother cell. The mother cell will produce X number of daughters and then stop producing which is the end of its life basically. So to see how long it "lived" you count the number of daughters it has. The thing is there is no way to really tell over time how many of the cells are the daughter of a particular cell other than to watch that cell literally be produced from the mother and count it.

So someones job was to sit with a microscope and count, literally count, this cell producing other cells 1 at a time for like 50 or 60 replications which would take like 30 hours.

That wasn't me...but damn.

That's right up there with watching paint dry.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,136 Member
    Options
    VT802VT wrote: »
    Over all, soda is pretty pointless to take into your body.

I like it and enjoy it. That is a point for me, so it isn't pointless.