Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Replies

• MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Benched some heavy singles yesterday.

Killed it!!!

Today is my deadlift day. I feel like *kitten* but we shall see if a PR is going down today.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Finally deadlifting again after 3 weeks, and also started cutting again this week. Already back down to 185 from 190ish (mostly water loss I'm sure). Here's my top set this morning of 345x5 after also doing 330x6. I'm pretty happy with this considering I'm probably highly glycogen depleted right now.

https://youtu.be/OZGQzjb24hc
  • MsSquatAlot
    Benched some heavy singles yesterday.

Killed it!!!

Today is my deadlift day. I feel like *kitten* but we shall see if a PR is going down today.

I feel like kitten. Haha I love MFP.

Well I hit 420 clean and failed at 430 on deads. Can't say im not bummed but I have to remember that 420 is more than most men cam dead. Haha TGIF
  • Benched some heavy singles yesterday.

Killed it!!!

Its surprise the days I feel the shittiest or when I don't want to train, often or not turn out to be some of the best days training @MsSquatAlot
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Finally deadlifting again after 3 weeks, and also started cutting again this week. Already back down to 185 from 190ish (mostly water loss I'm sure). Here's my top set this morning of 345x5 after also doing 330x6. I'm pretty happy with this considering I'm probably highly glycogen depleted right now.

https://youtu.be/OZGQzjb24hc
    Solid pulls from floor to lockout, @McCloud33
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    5dn14zs4qzrt.png
    And on video, I look something like...
    https://www.youtu.be/watch?v=yA0Ai-jriq0
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    This is more about the bun, popeye face, and lifting belt foopa than the actual lift. I just never get to see my deadlift face since I always film from the side.

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    This is more about the bun, popeye face, and lifting belt foopa than the actual lift. I just never get to see my deadlift face since I always film from the side.

Look at that HVIII!!!! <3
  • _incogNEATo_
    2X5 at 445lbs yesterday. It was tough

• arditarose

I swear you're the only one who knows what's up with the HVIII
  • _incogNEATo_

Kick today in the dick, girl! ;)
  • arditarose

He needs to make more socks. Lululemon is the only place/brand I've spent more money on lol. I'm wearing a HVIII tshirt now. They're really comfortable.
  • _incogNEATo_

He needs to make more socks. Lululemon is the only place/brand I've spent more money on lol. I'm wearing a HVIII tshirt now. They're really comfortable.

I know! I sent an email to customer service to let them know that their shirts are some of the softest I've ever put on. I have no problem admitting I'm a brand *kitten*
  • McCloud33
    Well cutting is effecting my strength some. Down below 185 (looking to go as low as 170-175) and here is 290 for 6. Based on my lifts from a few weeks back, I should be hitting this for closer to 9-11.

Should I be pushing myself to complete failure on squats?

https://youtu.be/YqayPIdk3uU
  • _incogNEATo_
    Well cutting is effecting my strength some. Down below 185 (looking to go as low as 170-175) and here is 290 for 6. Based on my lifts from a few weeks back, I should be hitting this for closer to 9-11.

I know you've mentioned your program before but I can't remember what it was. Does your program call for AMRAP? I always struggle with AMRAP and "to failure." If I'm doing AMRAP, I try to stop it off at an RPE around 9. Another thing I struggle with is making up my mind that strength loss is inevitable with a decent cut. I wish I could offer more. I'm sure there are plenty here that can, though.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Working on that arch for competition. It's also worth noting that this 2x5 is with 95% of my last competition max. I know you can't trust 1RM calculators TOO much, but this is putting me somewhere arounf 355-365 lbs and I'm ecstatic!

• McCloud33

I know you've mentioned your program before but I can't remember what it was. Does your program call for AMRAP? I always struggle with AMRAP and "to failure." If I'm doing AMRAP, I try to stop it off at an RPE around 9. Another thing I struggle with is making up my mind that strength loss is inevitable with a decent cut. I wish I could offer more. I'm sure there are plenty here that can, though.

So I'm just doing my own little modification of 5/3/1. I do the actual program for everything but squat and that I condense all three work weeks into one week. So instead of doing 5+reps week 1, 3+ week 2 and 1+ week 3, I do those MWF because I like squatting three times a week.

I struggle with AMRAP vs failure as well. I currently go until I "feel" that the next rep might fail...at least for squat and bench. OHP and DL is easier for me to go to failure as.

In my limited experience, a cut has always been accompanied by strength loss. Which seems logical to me since I don't have as much glycogen in my muscles to aid with the lifting. I'm hoping that now that my first week is over, my water/glycogen levels will reach an equilibrium and the strength will level out.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Working on that arch for competition. It's also worth noting that this 2x5 is with 95% of my last competition max.....

I can't arch when I bench. I've tried and tried. Ed Coan himself has tried to give me pointers and my body refuses to comply. Haha

• _incogNEATo_
    Working on that arch for competition. It's also worth noting that this 2x5 is with 95% of my last competition max.....

I can't arch when I bench. I've tried and tried. Ed Coan himself has tried to give me pointers and my body refuses to comply. Haha

Well, I'd trade my arch to meet the GOAT.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    @_incogNEATo_ - niiiiiice!