Plant based nutrition and weight loss

Options

Replies

• StevieFishwick
    StevieFishwick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Soy is hormone disruptive at the cell membrane because it is heavily pesticide sprayed. It is innocuous so you do not have a visceral "feeling" that it is damaging but it is blocking vital nutrients at the membrane wall.

I believe your information is extremely false. Would like to see a credible source to back up your claim. Otherwise, I suggest you stop giving people false information.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Well, this thread certainly got interesting. Diet shaming, petty bickering, cats, conspiracy theories, insults, more insults, BroScience, WooScience, and feminism LOL

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't know what plant foods you eat daily; but here are some of the veggies with the highest amounts of protein (scroll past the soy to #3). Oatmeal also has a lot of protein; and it is gluten-free naturally ( for the very sensitive; buy from a gluten free facility to ensure no cross contamination). http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/8-high-protein-vegetables.html

Thanks for posting this link. I don't know much about plant based protein and you gave some good info--with great photos.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this little gem?

bryant_wins_mid_v3d89bkr.gif
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Well, this thread certainly got interesting. Diet shaming, petty bickering, cats, conspiracy theories, insults, more insults, BroScience, WooScience, and feminism LOL

When feminism hit....I was out. Its best I leave politics out of my dieting experience. This is actually my first experience with a thread. Usually a comment or two. I stick with the games and challenges. My take away from
    *MY* experience here is...maybe just don't respond after advice given, and most importantly include *in my opinion, *I think, *my experience ect. before and after any statement made...But that's just *my opinion*. Oh and I apologize to any dairy consumers I may have offended by my opinions.
    Best wishes to everyone reading this, may you reach your goals and even exceed your own expectations for yourself.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

When feminism hit....I was out. Its best I leave politics out of my dieting experience. This is actually my first experience with a thread. Usually a comment or two. I stick with the games and challenges. My take away from
    *MY* experience here is...maybe just don't respond after advice given, and most importantly include *in my opinion, *I think, *my experience ect. before and after any statement made...But that's just *my opinion*. Oh and I apologize to any dairy consumers I may have offended by my opinions.
    Best wishes to everyone reading this, may you reach your goals and even exceed your own expectations for yourself.

Speaking for myself, it wasn't your opinions on dairy that was offensive.

I second this.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

When did feminism hit? You mean this thread? Feminism???? I'm so confused.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Was it when she called Dianne a girl?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

I think she thinks that a grown woman not wanting to be called a girl is feminism. Not really sure how she came to that conclusion though.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Probably the girl/woman thing. I've been called girl on here and other forums before, it makes me smile and doesn't make me feel so old. I take it as a compliment not a dis.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited September 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Feminism?? I need a baffled emoticon.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Probably the girl/woman thing. I've been called girl on here and other forums before, it makes me smile and doesn't make me feel so old. I take it as a compliment not a dis.

Context is important
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Context is important

Yeah maybe. I don't look in to these things so deeply though.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

bvniqe8b42tm.jpg
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

bvniqe8b42tm.jpg

PERFECT!
This discussion has been closed.