Update Stronglifts and Kettlebell transformation! Pictures!

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    edited August 2016
    You look absolutely fabulous! What a transformation! What were your eating habits like along the way? Also, what did you do to maintain such nice tone in your face? Many people who lose that much weight look great from the neck down but their face looks drawn and aged but that did not happen with you. What did you do to prevent that? Also, how long did it take do from start to current weight? After knowing what you know now, woukd have ditched the cardio from the beginning and went straight with lifting and kettlebells?

Thanks for the compliment! It took from October 2014 to April 2015 to lose a little over 35 pounds. Mostly C I CO. March 1 is when I started Stronglifts 5x5 and I gained 4 pounds but lost 17 inches! I did not start the Kettlebell until October 2015. What works best for me is intermittent fasting. I do this mainly weekdays. We live in resort country and have a lot of company. I like to eat pizza drink pop and my downfall is chocolate frosted donuts and cake! As well as, Bearcreek caramel waffle cones. I don't really restrict myself during special events or times of my life. I do the 19/5 hour fasting technique. Monday through Friday I eat starting at 5 PM and ending at 9 PM. I love to eat in the evening while watching TV. During the week I eat a keto diet. Around 1200 cal to 1600 cal. Saturday and Sunday are usually when we have company and I don't monitor myself.

Thanks for the remark about my face not looking drawn! To be honest I have two broken vertebrae in my neck from diving into a swimming pool at eight years old. Because of that I suffered with migraines daily. One day my daughter's doctors office was having a Botox party. You could get Botox shots for $100 and a glass of wine! I went and had it done and the Botox caused me not to have migraines. Since then, 7 years, I have had Botox treatment for migraines. Now Dr's do it and advertise it on TV for that purpose. I just started to use retinal A and a skin cream that has peptides as part of the ingredients. I use Oil of Olay Regenerist. I got that inspiration from Dr. Oz. I have been doing that for a little over a year now.

I would definitely have lifted and swung the Kettlebell from the beginning if I had known the results. I also would have done the 19/5 hour fast and the keto diet during the week and ate freely on the weekends. I know that it takes a while to go into ketosis. But according to what I have read your body should naturally go from fat burning to carb burning. I am hoping to recondition my body to do that.

I believe that you have to do what works for you. Portion control, calories in calories out, exercise and intermittent fasting works for me!
  • fanncy0626
    Kellygirl79- Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy the Kettlebell as well! Pavel used it to enhance Olympic lifters lift amounts. Since I lift that is what got me started. I will check out the people that inspired you. I'm always curious about what others think. I'm glad we have this in common. I noticed that now that I swing the 35 lb and do Stronglifts I really don't have to worry about how much I eat. Is that what you noticed?
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    No way! You look spectacular. I bought some kettle bells...now I am going to actually is them. Bravo!
  • fanncy0626
    majess101- you will be very pleased with the results!
  • lilstry
    lilstry Posts: 120 Member
    Wow! You look absolutely amazing! Congrats on your success :)
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    You look great! how much do you lift for strong lifts?
  • fanncy0626
    myaminals wrote: »
    You look great! how much do you lift for strong lifts?

Thanks for the compliment!
    Squats- 100
    BP - 85
    BR - 85
    OHP- 60
    DL - 150
    I was lifting more back in April but had to do a serious deload due to being extremely ill with Lymes disease and anaplasmosis caused by deer and wood tick bite. I have slowly been working myself back up to my PR's.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    i am glad you are doing better! again congrats you look great!
  • conniehealthygirl
    conniehealthygirl Posts: 156 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    October 2014 north of 190!
    2faf16i9dfra.jpeg

May 2015 135 pounds size 5-7

tpubdm898m41.jpeg

Stronglifts and Kettlebell not sure what I weigh last weight 139 in June. First size 0!
    1uxon3fb4doc.jpeg

I use to do 3-4 hours of cardio type workouts a day before I discovered heavy lifting and I am basically lazy so it was a no brainier for me! Cardio is waaaay too much work for results that can be attained with weight lifting and Kettlebell with a lot less work and time.
    This is the thread that got me on the road to weight lifting and kicked 24 hours of cardio to the curb!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky#latest
    Every other day I swing the Kettlebell for 25 minutes. It really is only 20 seconds per minute of work time. Which really amounts to 8 minutes and 20 seconds total work time. On my Stronglifts days which I alternate every other day, I combine lifting with Kettlebell swings. It takes around an hour and 10 minutes for workout A and an hour for workout B. I do 22sets , a lift and a Kettlebell swing for workout A, work time of 30 seconds X 22 = 11 minutes of actual work. The rest is setting up weights and rest time. Workout B is 30 seconds X 19 = 9 1/2 minutes of actual work. Plus lifting heavy gets my heart rate up and the muscle/strength training has an after burn of calories due to muscle repair.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-tips/lift-heavy-lose-more-fat

So, in reality I really only workout at the most 8-11 minutes each day!

By the way I'm turning 59 in November!
    You do look amazing. Congrats!!!

• Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    What additional benefit does the kettle bell provide that SL does not??
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Thank you for the details. You certainly look Amazing, Fantastic progress! :-)
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Phenomenal results! You look fantastic :smiley:
  • fanncy0626
    Thanks for the compliments!
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Fancy looks like your have quite a following of fans. Keep us posted on what's next as far as fitness goes.
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Fabulous @fanncy0626 ! Thanks for your kettlebell recommendation ! You look stunning, good job!
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    You look super hot and strong and healthy! Great job!!! :blush:
  • fanncy0626
    I'm transitioning to the 40 lb Kettlebell!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited September 2016
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I'm transitioning to the 40 lb Kettlebell!

Good lord. Props! I only dream to achieve that at this point.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    You look so fantastic! I can't believe you are 59 years old, your skin is great, you looks so healthy and fit, you must be so proud of yourself. It shows you if you work hard enough and are willing to put the effort in for what you want, then you will achieve it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!