Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Where are all the metalheads?

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    138shades wrote: »
    jnichel wrote: »
    138shades wrote: »
    Justice was any good at all because it had some of Cliff's work on it, IMHO. I'm so not a fan of Dave Mustaine (dried up old drunk that found god and got even douchier) so it really can't be that for me.
    ajfa bass parts were washed out......so I don't even know how you could tell.

Mustaine is just horrible.......that's like talking about Trump. EEEEK.

Newsted is good and probably the only sane one in the bunch.....he played a hell of a bass and could actually sing...F&J was a good bad too back in the day. I don't blame Jason for leaving them.
    Older metal, sure. Metallica until the Black album, but the cut I heard off their upcoming album sounds promising. Anthrax came back with a bang with Worship Music and a couple of songs from their new For All Kings album have grabbed me. New Megadeth is great until Dave sings. Maiden, that sort of stuff. I can't get into the guttural 'singing' in some of today's metal.

Metallica died when Cliff Burton died.

Also Lars Ulrich is the most boring drummer ever.

I like Newsted too. I mean, Justice was no Ride the Lightning, but it was still a pretty good album. Hammett probably still had some Mustaine inspired material during Justice but it's clear that wasn't the case with the Black album. And yeah, Lars goes to bed at night dreaming that he could be Charlie Benante.

Lars has his moments but he's too glam at times......Charlie is pretty beast but they screwed up in my eyes of turning on Jon Bush.....Joey is good....but I'm not into 1980s singing and girly yelling. I'll be seeing them in a month so I hope they put on a good show.

and again mustaine is just ewwwwwwww he never played on an actually LP album with Metallica...lets not mention some of the garbage before Killem.

We'll have to disagree on Mustaine. His singing sucks balls, but I really like a lot of his guitar work and yes, he didn't play on any Metallica albums, he is credited on some of the earlier songs and Hammett has even stated that he learned a lot from Mustaine's earlier work with the band.

Yeah he's has some nice solos I can credit him. He did good for himself getting off drugs and still succeeding but he was blessed with the times of real metal.

I grew up with 3 bands......a lot of arguments...one friend had megadeth.....one had Anthrax and I being the Metallica fan.......but I have to say with Metallica I was apalled by them for so long but the new album is bringing me back......been forever..but hardwired is not bad.

Yeah, if the rest of the album is like that, it's safe to say that Metallica is back.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    138shades, I thought that Burton was credited with wiritng contribution on what I feel are the better And justice songs (Harvester of Sorrow, Blackened, and, to a lesser extent, The Frayed Ends of Sanity) but Wiki has him credited only on To Live is to Die so I guess I was mistaken. I swear I read that on the J-card back in the day but that was a loooooooong time and many memory destroying occasions ago.

BTW today would have been Dave Brockie's 53rd birthday. All hail Oderus Urungus!

j1a3tx4eeyir.jpeg
  • georgebonev862
    georgebonev862 Posts: 6 Member
    Big metal fan ,love the old schools Metallica ,Nirvana,Soulfly,Guns,Motley Crue but in the gym need more like Killswitch Engage,Hatebreed,Asking Aleksandria,As i Lay i Dying and many more :)Metal is in my heart and i work bartender in commercial club at home i need metal soo bad heeheh
  • philasaurus_rex
    philasaurus_rex Posts: 2,340 Member
    Hellooo!

The Acacia Strain, Emmure, Knocked Loose are some I have on repeat on the gym :smile:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Hellooo!

The Acacia Strain, Emmure, Knocked Loose are some I have on repeat on the gym :smile:

AS and Emmure make their way into my lift sessions on a near constant basis, especially the 3750 and Slave to the Game albums. Wormwood is good for deads, but I find it a little too sludgy for most other lifting sessions.

Interestingly, Whitechapel's new album does really well for squats, deads and overhead, so long as I skip the softer tracks. Tremors and Mark of the Blade are especially useful. Something about Phil belting out "Speak my name, and feel the earth shake" does wonders for ripping weight off of the floor.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Music is my life! Played in a heavy rock band for the last 16 years. Just brought an Orange Rockerverb Mark III (in black naturally) and it sounds mint!! Ma-hooosive sound that rips your face off!! Love playing Sabbath, Metallica and System through it, but love rocking up nasty songs by nasty bands that everyone knows. Always funny seeing hairy, scary, tattooed, pierced bikers singing their heart out to No Limit by 2 Unlimited!!

Niiice! I would like to say that the black drum sets are the prettiest, but this one DW Tangerine Sparkle set is my favorite. :smiley:

I have a custom made kit. It's Finnish birch and is oiled, no other finish. It's awesome.
  • angrydads
    angrydads Posts: 162 Member
    Original metal head for sure. Nothing keeps me working out better than metal in my headphones
  • svrover
    svrover Posts: 75 Member
    \ m /

anyone will be in Wacken 2017?
  • chrisg676
    chrisg676 Posts: 39 Member
    Here!!! Metallica. Maiden. Sabbath. FFAF. BFMV. Stone Sour. My Chemical Romance. AC/DC......
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    I'm listening to this

https://youtu.be/eb5z5AULWCw
  • Tyler_978
    Tyler_978 Posts: 145 Member
    Slipknot, disturbed, five finger death punch, parkway drive, system of a down, way to many to list lol
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Give me some new music ideas guys!
  • ScottyBeBop
    ScottyBeBop Posts: 174 Member
    By the name i am guessing you are an In Flames fan (Favorite band :) ) How about Soilwork, Amon Amarth, Periphery Some of my other faves
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Fleshgod Apacalypse
  • gcslip05blair
    gcslip05blair Posts: 20 Member
    Finally a place I fit in the best lol! Add me totally been a diehard Cold fan since I was 13 that's where my love for metal started!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Give me some new music ideas guys!

Husband's newest love is Trap Them

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    edited September 2016
    By the name i am guessing you are an In Flames fan (Favorite band :) ) How about Soilwork, Amon Amarth, Periphery Some of my other faves

I have music from Soilwork and Amon Amarth, I'll check out Periphery! Thanks!

@born_of_fire74 Thanks! I'll check them out too :smiley:
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    finny11122 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWHfiEKK3zw
    Battle Beast - Out of control
    Female lead singer is pretty good

I saw these at Hammerfest last year, they were pretty good!